Help with DNN Paging Control

My datagrid is poulated with ArrayList of empInfo Objects like

datagrid. datasource = obj.getEmployees()
Then I bind it.

How do I use the DNN paging control from here.

I am able to display the control but it  fetches all the info irrespective of whichever page is clicked.

0
conf_mom

Since the DNN community has moved to http://www.dotnetnuke.com, it would be best if you posted there.

Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes

Dot Net Nuke (DNN)
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

DotNetNuke: How to view user control Module by giving control Key in module definition
 I'm not viewing the usercontrol page when I'm giving Control key name in the module definition. but its shows if not giving control key name.I want to navigate from one user control page to another page module..I've written the coding as shown in below.. Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "ControlKeyValue", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString())); Its showing blank page when I'm executed...can anyone help me to solve this problem..?Thanks in advance..!Muthupandian ...

DNN: Switch from one page to another inside a module control
If one module have some control then i know how to switch from the inside of one control to another by keeping other area same. But if one control have more than one page, then I'm not finding any way to move from one page to another page, but still I will in the same control. See below for more details: I have one file Setup.ascx and another file Display.ascx. So when user will click "Add"(some key) from top left corner of the module then "Setup.ascx" control will appear and when user will click one button from "Setup.ascx" page then this area will r...

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

Please Help! Adding a DNN URL Control to a Custom Module...
Hi I'm a total novice with .net and DNN, so I'm stuggling a bit. I've created a simple custom module which works fine. Im now trying to add the URL control to my custom module by adding the : <%@ Register TagPrefix="Portal" TagName="URL" Src="../../controls/URLTrackingControl.ascx" %> and the <portal:url id="ctlURL" runat="server" width="300" showtabs="False" urltype="F" /> to the page. This seems to work OK in the designer (The gray webcontrol placeholder displays with no erro...

HELP..... Master Page Error (The page has controls that require a Master Page, but none is specified.)
Hi, I had almost finished creting my master page to use as a template for all future internal applications.  I had created a template to use in creatign new applications and had sucessfully created a new project based upon the MasterPage template... All was working well when I noticed a small graphic inconsistancy on the MasterPage... I reopened the MasterPage and I got teh above error message... I have looked at the HTML and everything seems to be okay and there including the header lines... <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.vb" Inherits=&qu...

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?
i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?  There are a number of ways storing values. Check out: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspxhttp://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Hi, Welcome to asp.net forums. Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to kee...

Slider control not rendering on DotNetNuke module control
Dear friendsI'm developing a website using DotNetNuke and asp.net and using a Slider control of the latest source there. I'm phacing a problem that its not rendering when I run the website. Here is a code: <ajaxToolkit:SliderExtender ID="SliderExtender1" runat="server" BehaviorID="Slider1" BoundControlID="Slider1_BoundControl" Maximum="100" Minimum="-100" Steps="5" TargetControlID="Slider1"> </ajaxToolkit:SliderExtender> <asp:Label ID="Slider1_BoundCont...

Datagrid Paging Control
Hi, I am using the Paging Control with a datagrid (DNN 3.1.1). It appears that I can only have one module per paging using the paging control since the Currentpage parameter will affect all modules when the page is loaded following a new page is requested. Is this assumption correct, or is there a workaround ? Regards Niclas I have a DNN3 module using a datagrid that caused me similar problems when multiple instances of the module were placed on the same page. After spending days with this problem I had to simply store a variable in the session that indicated what module you were playin...

Does DNN Paging Control force a tab/page reload?
I have a large amount of data that I need to display in a datagrid.I am trying to use the DNN 3.1.1 Paging Control in conjunction with my datagrid.I have a sproc that returns the right number of rows based on pageSize and currentPage.Does the DNN paging control force a page/tab reload?Is there a PageIndexChanged event for the DNN page control?I have a CheckBox on each row of my grid that I would like to capture before the page/tab is reloaded with a new CurrentPage number.Any help appreciated.Regards,Paul....

Help: disable user control in the master page for some pages
Hello all,Could anyone please help me to see what could I do? The issue I have is the following: I use VS 2005 to create a web site. I have an user control (ucSearch) placed in a contentplaceholder(Content3) in the master page. This user control has a search button to trigger an event. The event is captured by the master page, and then the master page launches a second event to refresh the content page (in contentplaceholder (Content4)). All functions well, except for the pages I have the validation controls or Captcha controls. Those controls would block...

Paging callbacks for ObjectDataSource control located in Page module
The MSDN article "ObjectDataSource Control Overview" presents a rationale for the ObjectDataSource control as follows:"Most ASP.NET data source controls...are used in a two-tier application architecture where the presentation layer...communicates directly with the data tier.... However, a common application design practice is to separate the presentation layer from business logic and encapsulate the business logic in business objects.... The ObjectDataSource control supports a three-tier architecture by providing a way for you to bind data controls on the page to a middle-tier...

Calling a method from a control page on the axpx page where the control page exists.
Hello,  I have an .aspx page that has a method called grdMain_DataBind().  I have a control page that loads within the aspx page which has its own logic.  I have a button on my control page called "SAVE".  How can I call the method grdMain_DataBind thats in my aspx logic from the control that exists on that page when I click SAVE button.  Is there a way? If I were you, I'd simply create a "Save" Event within your control. When the Button in your control is pressed, in the Click handler for that Button you can raise the event. Then, within t...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

Web resources about - Help with DNN Paging Control - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Obama may be able to do something on gun control at last: reports
US President Barack Obama is expected to announce executive actions expanding background checks on gun sales.

Gun control: Barack Obama plans to bypass senate, push through executive action on gun control
Barack Obama will meet with Attorney-General Loretta Lynch to discuss ways of reducing gun violence through measures that do not require congressional ...

Disable Windows 10 upgrade prompts with GWX Control Panel 1.7
... then the constant "Get Windows 10!" alerts are probably getting annoying. Fortunately you can disable them in seconds with the free GWX Control ...

Gun Control Is Focus of Arne Duncan's Final Speech
Arne Duncan gave his final speech as education secretary, expressing "frustration" that Congress has not passed more gun control.

President Obama plans executive action for gun control
CBS News President Obama plans executive action for gun control CBS News January 2, 2016, 7:09 AM - President Obama says he'll use much of ...

Obama plans to outflank hostile Congress with unilateral gun control moves
... from parents, and teachers, and kids, to sit around and do nothing&quot;. President Barack Obama, frustrated by Congress' inaction on gun control, ...

Obama to try executive action on gun control in end-run around Congress
The president is meeting with the US attorney general next week; sources indicate he will use executive orders to tighten background checks. ...

Thinga is a kid-friendly search engine with parental controls
Keeping kids away from questionable content while they surf the web is an ongoing battle, and there's a new site that's looking to help. Thinga, ...

Make 2016 The Year You Take Control Of Your Email
Start your New Year's Rev-olutions off right by getting a handle on that unruly inbox.