Error:Reindexing content works in Parent portal but not on a child portal for custom modules

 I have two portals. one a parent and the other a child. I've a custom module with Isearchable funs implemented and an instance of it is added to two taps, one in each portal. When I index the content, only the module in the parent portal gets indexed! I had tested reindexing on the child portal by adding the Text module and it works fine.

It hase nothing to do with the Supported feature field, because it is the same for all instances of the Desktop module and is set to 3

Do I need to look up the source code for reindexing content?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanx

0
sumayah1421

I discovered it had nothing to do with the child portal.
I had changed the Module title and it'd set the end date which disabled search for that instance.

I guess this is a bug

If the site admin wanted to change the Module Title from the interface direclty, it would disable search.

the admin has to go to the module settings to change the title and then click update.

Is there a workaround this, I can not tell the admin not to set the title from the interface.

can I ,at least, disable setting the title from the interface directly??

0
sumayah1421
sumayah1421

Promote Child Portal to Parent and Parent Portal to Child
Here is my situation. When I created our website at work, we were in charge of a Division of the company in a Directorate, Division, Branch style setup. So I developed the site with the Division as the parent. Now we have been requested to re-do and start maintaining the Directorate level website and all childs. So how do I promote a Child Portal (Directorate) to the Parent Portal and my current Parent Portal (Branch) to a child? I tried changing the portal aliases to no avail. Any other suggestions?Jeremy...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Commercial modules not working in child portals
There are some commercial modules that don't work in child portals because they log off the users, even after using this patch: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=567799 I think that, for a COMMERCIAL module, it must be MANDATORY to advise wether or not it can be used in child portals without limitations. If this shall not happen, i suggest to maintain a free and public list of COMMERCIAL modules that log off users in child portals!!! I'm just experiencing this problem with a commercial module, and am waiting for the author to solve the problem OR to adv...

Custom Module: Unhandled Error Adding Module to Content Pane
In trying to install the Survey module that comes with 2.1.2 everything seems to go great uploading the zip file and creation of the DB tables. When I go to run the module I get the following: Error loading module DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings) in C:\Inetpub\dotnetnuke\admin\Skins\Skin.vb:line 574 --- End of inner exception stack tra...

Creating Parent or Child Portals and Home Directory: Portals/[PortalID] Customize
I have installed and used many separate DNN installs (one for each company or friend), but never created child or parent portals off 1 main DNN install. I want to host a few sites for friends and small businesses using 1 DNN install and either parent or child portals off of that,  DNN 4.0.3 This will make upgrading going forward much easier I would assume. Just upgrade the one install of DNN instead of each install I host for friends. ….Question1: what do I use and why, Parent or Child? Advantages and Disadvantages of each When I create a child portal, there is an option for Home Di...

SQL Script to copy an existing Portal & Module Contents to a new Portal
Hello everyone. I am looking for an SQL Server script that will take an existing portal and make an exact duplicate of the portal into a new portal instance. This includes the Tabs, Modules, and Module contents. (I can handle copying the portal files outside of the process...I just need the data at this point.) Does anyone have a script that will do this? Or, is anyone willing to build one? I will compensate accordingly...Please feel free to contact me. Thanks! Brian Jones iDataWorx, LLC bjones@idataworx.com Brian Jones iDataWorx, LLC Do you need to copy core modules ...

DotNetNuke Portal: Why nothing is changed after I customize the existing modules?
I am pretty new for asp.net and portal. Does any one can help me? I really appreciate. 1. I tried to modify some vb files for existing modules, i.e. register.ascx.vb, but nothing has been changed after I made the changes. I wondered if I have to compile it. How? I am using Macromedia Dreamwaver MX to edit files now. 2. I have an aspx file, it works fine, I created a new ascx file for new module and I tried to convert aspx file to ascx file for that new module but it didn’t work. The new module is on the web site but I got the error message. When it load the ascx file. Any idea? Y...

Error while creating a child portal from a template with the blog module
Hello, I'm using DotNetNuke 3.2 and Blog module 3.1.20 from DotNetNuke projet. I created a child portal which contains the blog module. Then, I created a template from this portal. This template will be used to create others portal of the same type. When I try to create a new portal with this template, I have an error "duplicate key" in PortalController.vb I looked the code, and I think the problem comes from the blob module which has several definitions (View_Blog, Blog_List, New_Blog, search_Blog, Blog_archive). Does somebody have a solution ? Best regards, Jeff Ju...

Linkclick problem : Child Portal Announcements module file links point to portal 0 !!
Hi, it seems there something wrong in the linkclick.aspx.vb file, but I don't know where and how to fix ... This Linkclick file is used for example in the Annoucements module, but the File link tries to find the file in portal 0 instead of the correct child portal. What should be corrected ? thanks for your help JohannWebsite - Weblog You can finde patches on http://www.webstone.com/ Thanks, it works !Website - Weblog Do I have to recompile DNN for this to take effect. I added the new files to my site, as well as the DNN bin file. Site broke... OR do I just ...

Errors inserting modules onto tabs of different parent portals.
Having problems inserting modules onto tabs. No problems inserting YAF, Speerio File Manager Pro and Wiki when the url is a child portal of: Intranet.mysite.com but Get the following error when inserting into any different parent portal. Various other modules seem to load ok but these specificlly don't: Same skin is applied in these various portals. Why would they load for one alias but not the others?. extranet.mysite.com extranet.mysite.com/dealer public.mysite.com etc. ******************* Error ************************ ModuleId: -1 ModuleDefId: -1 Friendly...

Documents Module
If I create a child portal 'B' (portal folder id of 2) to portal 'A' (portal folder id of 1) and then add an instance of the documents module to 'B' and then add a document. When I select the document name I get an error indicating that the document can't be found. The path shown is http://A/portals/1/document not the http://A/portals/2/document that is expected. If I select the download link I get taken to http://A/Default.aspx?tabid=22&def=errormessage (no content on the page). Everything works fine from parent portal. Problem is consistent on Win 2K Server and Win XP Pro for both 2...

Child portals with child portals
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but it is in relation to a custom module so here it goes. Can a child portal have child portals? If i try to create a child portal within a child portal using the standard dnn portal creator the portal seems to be created correctly except for the fact that the directory with default.ascx is created in the root of the dnn site not as a subdirectory of the child folder. If i move the directory the portal seems to behave. Is the location of the folder handled by PortalCrontroller.Createportal or is it just a...

Child Portal Document module links not working
After upgrading from 2.04 to 2.1.2, all document module links refer to Portal 0 and not the child portal number. Even tried to add a new document module and even though I can select the documents within the child Portal, the resulting link is still incorrect. bump Ok, I'm testing my localhost 2.1.2 copy (which I also upgrade from 2.04). If I have a child domain (Portals/1), and I add a "Documents" module, and a sample document (one that has been uploaded) . If I click the the links I get two different errors. If I click the hypertext-title I get "The page cannot be fou...

DNN 3.13 -> Errors with adding modules to child portal
Perhaps someone could explain to me how or why I am getting all these errors when adding Modules to fresh 3.13 install. See: http://www.family.welford-costelloe.com Thanks   Running MojoPortalhttp://www.mojoportal.com on MySQL Having problems with child portal as well. Whenever I change any settings, I get thrown of and have to log in again. Thanks for a while there I thought I was alone. 8-|Running MojoPortalhttp://www.mojoportal.com on MySQL Anyone who has not checked the portal yet. Here is one of the errors: A critical error has occurred.Multi...

Web resources about - Error:Reindexing content works in Parent portal but not on a child portal for custom modules - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules