DotNetNuke Portal: Why nothing is changed after I customize the existing modules?

I am pretty new for asp.net and portal. Does any one can help me? I really appreciate.

1. I tried to modify some vb files for existing modules, i.e. register.ascx.vb, but nothing has been changed after I made the changes. I wondered if I have to compile it. How? I am using Macromedia Dreamwaver MX to edit files now.
2. I have an aspx file, it works fine, I created a new ascx file for new module and I tried to convert aspx file to ascx file for that new module but it didn’t work. The new module is on the web site but I got the error message. When it load the ascx file. Any idea?
0
tester1726

You need to recompile the solution, and then copy the dotnetnuke.dll to the bin folder. if you don't have visual studio.net you can use the mk.bat file to recompile. Theres a good resource site here that has useful information on developing DNN and additional modules for non-visual studio users.

Cathal
0
cathal
12/10/2003 8:45:57 PM
Thank you for your information. Well, finally I got the solution.  Following the instruction in mk.rsf file, I made the changes, then run mk.bat file, I still haven't gotten recompiled dotnetnuke.dll file. Did I miss anything?

0
tester1726

Do any of these modules exist for DotNetNuke?
I just setup DotNetNuke for the first time and its pretty sweet. The website is going to be for an internet radio station. There are a few modules that I would want, can someone let me know if the following exist and where to get them? 1. Shoutcast server 2. Poll 3. Downloads 4. PayPal donations Hi 2,3,4 you can find at Cathal's site Happy HuntingLeif Scott McCullough has a ShoutBox Module at http://www.smcculloch.net Regards, Sam TannerSam TannerEasy Template Skins for dotNetNuke I'm not sure if the Shoutbox one is correct, I need it to display whats playing ...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

Add custom module to dotnetnuke
When I try to add a custom module to dotnetnuke 3.1.0, i receive the following error: Er is een kritieke fout opgetreden.Input string was not in a correct format. This happens when I add a new definition to the module.What is wrong?thanks in advance Please refer to http://forums.asp.net/958230/ShowPost.aspx. You must put a value at the Default Cache Time.Angelos Xipolias...

DotNetNuke Module with custom? controls on it.
I'm having a problem with a module I'm building and its relating to some kind of control(server, user, html,web etc - I dont know the difference between them) that I'm using. First of all, what is the difference between server, user, html, web, and custom controls? ok, now for my problem: The Scenario: I have a DotNetNuke module which is dynamically loading a bunch of controls. This works fine. Two of the controls I have are Projex.Controls.TextBox and Projex.Controls.SuperTextBox A TextBox is a Class-only (.vb) file that inherits from System.Web.UI.TextBox and has some ...

how to develop custom modules in dotnetnuke?
Hello everybody, I want to develop a simple DotNetNuke module using ASP.Net and VB. Can anyone please suggest me web tutorial for developing the modules? Regards, Sharanya What version of asp.net?  Are you aware of dnnjungle templates which use codesmith?  How about the ATGen SDK, reachable via my signature.  As for ATGen, this works with myGeneration (free) and framework 1.1, along w/ MS SQL.   Chris Paterra Bo has a good site explaining how to set up your development environment (if you're using Visual Studio to develop). Hi, How do you develop modu...

DotNetNuke Custom Module Testenvironment ?
I´m looking for a efficent test environment for own custom modules: Actually I have to compile the module, load it into DNN each time in order to check if it work. I´would like to use a more efficient test environment similar to Java' JUNIT or own webapplication that imports the custom module in order to check it Does somebody have samples for such testapplication / classes ? Please Thanx for a hint. Greetings from Switzerland Kagel I use the configuration over at http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/ for all my custom module developmentChrisHammond.comEngage...

Add existing module in Dotnetnuke
In dotnetnuke i want add existing module in my project   ThaQ suzan Dear Suzan, To upload a module to your DNN site, log in as the Host and navigate to the Host > Module Definitions page. Select Upload Module from the module menu and follow the prompts to upload the module.  If the Log is successful, click Return. It will take a bit of time at this point before the page reloads. From here you can set the module as premium, etc on the Module Definitions page. Lorraine YoungDNN Core Team & Help Project MemberAuthor of DotNetNuke Online Help(Available in PDF format for ...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

DotNetNuke Modules
Please use this forum ONLY if you are developing or have released a module. Please format your posts as follows Module Name: Module Function: URL to Module: IBSW Version Compatibility: Additional Notes:Kenny Rice http://www.kennyrice.com I am going to (try to) convert the survey module from IBS. xpdit is going to send me the code and I'll see what I can do. Module Name: Survey Module Function: Not sure, I haven't seen the original work and haven't looked at the code. I'm guessing it allows you to create surveys and track responses from users. URL: WIP. I'll...

New DotNetNuke Portal Dashboard Module
We are proud to announce our latest module creation, the Portal Dashboard. Have you ever wished you could easily keep track of all the vital statistics about your portals including numbers of users, top pages, top affiliates and much more?  Or, how about define your own queries to capture statistics about your portal?  On top of all of that, wouldn't it be great to be able to save snapshots of the statistics and export them to excel over time?  All that and much more is now possible with our latest module, the Portal Dashboard.  Key features include: Includes over 30 s...

Applying Ibuyspy/Dotnetnuke custom modules
Having administered a large IBS Portal/Store combination for more than I year (running smoothly I should say), I've increasingly come to like the CSK way of doing it with respect to multiplicity, skins, content replication etc. I know that the CSK hasn't been around for as long as IBS/DNN but how come that there are virtually no custom modules for sale/download (yep, I am aware of the Dilbert module ;)? Has it something to do with the complex architecture? I'll try to list a couple of integration strategies, hoping that the community will flag their opinions: 1. Rewrite an IBS module...

DotNetNuke Modules
Where can I find detailed information or tutorials on how to create DNN 2.x modules? Fernando Durán My favourite introductory tutorial is at dnn Jungle. There are templates and code generation to make developing simpler modules easier. I've found them a great starting point for DNN development. Try http://www.dotnetnuke.dk for development framework http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/Default.aspx?tabid=32 (guide and well used templates) http://www.hgworks.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=85 (handcoded toolkit) Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quali...

modules, modules

Web resources about - DotNetNuke Portal: Why nothing is changed after I customize the existing modules? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...