DotNetNuke Module Creation #2

When I'm tring to create a module in DotNetNuke 3.X What is the reason for getting the error message as "Default.js or Default.vbs file not found".

Thanks in Advance

0
jeyaram_t

Hello.

Maybe you are using some project templates for DotNetNuke, like this http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/Development/Templates/tabid/28/Default.aspx  (default.js and default.vbs files are from this project temrlates).

In this case you should carefully check all the templates settings or reinstall them.

See the same problem at http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/wizardry1.asp?df=100&forumid=178271&exp=0&select=1168904 . Maybe it could give you some idea.

0
FlatBurgerLabs
7/17/2006 12:43:01 PM
I'm new for DotNetNuke. Kindly tell me how to create Modules in DotNetNuke through Visual Studio DotNet with DNN Templates.
0
jeyaram_t
7/18/2006 11:55:22 AM

see:

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver

Dotnetnuke module creation
hello I'm trying to create a new module in DNN , but after I perform the add item \ DNN module all the module files are created in the desktopmoduls except the modulename.SQLdataprovidor so I can't create the module in runtime. Please help me try to find out why the modulename.SQLdataprovidor isn't created. I try to create module with v4.32 starter kit,also no ModuleName.sqlDataProvider.But using V4.03,it works fine,maybe its a bug of V4.3x. PS: I tried to use V4.30,it works fine too,just V4.31 and V4.32 failed. jerryharbin:PS: I tried to use V4.30,it works fine too,just...

dotnetnuke modules #2
I was wondering where evryone learned to build their own dotnetnuke modules ? I want to build some but i don't know where to start. Where should i start ? Try the FREE videos at www.seaburydesign.com.  Very useful Also, subscribe to the training videos at www.traincert.net.  Well worth the yearly subscription. John B  ...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

DotNetNuke 3.2 module with Schwarz's Ajax.dll 5.7.22.2
Can someone please help me? I am trying to add Ajax functionality to a DotNetNuke 3.2 module using Schwarz's Ajax.dll (v5.7.22.2). When I use the DNNStub application my module works like a champ, but when I run it in the DotNetNuke environment I get a javascript error on the line where my Ajax function is called. What can I do? Thanks. Please provide additional information. What was the javascript error you got?~ Innovative Modules @ Inspector IT~ I Blog @ CTO 2.0 Please describe more and be sure to have the latest version DNN 3.2.1 installed.-------------------------------------Be Simp...

Creating DotNetNuke MultiPage Modules #2
I've started to program some dotnetnuke modules and one of the first problems that arose was how do i navigate from module1 to module2. For instance i wanted to develop a simple booking module where the user registers and then has the ability to book an item. So i wanted a register ascx module that contains username address etc, and an ascx booking module that contains a calandar and details etc. So once the users has registed how does he link to the booking module. Some of the methods discussed are hidden panels and tools etc. I've found the following code ...

modules, modules

DotNetNuke Modules
Where can I find detailed information or tutorials on how to create DNN 2.x modules? Fernando Durán My favourite introductory tutorial is at dnn Jungle. There are templates and code generation to make developing simpler modules easier. I've found them a great starting point for DNN development. Try http://www.dotnetnuke.dk for development framework http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/Default.aspx?tabid=32 (guide and well used templates) http://www.hgworks.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=85 (handcoded toolkit) Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quali...

DotNetNuke Modules
Please use this forum ONLY if you are developing or have released a module. Please format your posts as follows Module Name: Module Function: URL to Module: IBSW Version Compatibility: Additional Notes:Kenny Rice http://www.kennyrice.com I am going to (try to) convert the survey module from IBS. xpdit is going to send me the code and I'll see what I can do. Module Name: Survey Module Function: Not sure, I haven't seen the original work and haven't looked at the code. I'm guessing it allows you to create surveys and track responses from users. URL: WIP. I'll...

Module in Module

DotNetNuke Upgrade 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 can't edit html modules
Ok I upgrade my 2.1.2 to 3.0.13. Site is really important because it actually makes money but I really need the advantage of friendly urls blah blah blah I uninstall all my custom modules except my PA Faq's from dotnetjedi that is really the heart of my site. I of course did a test upgrade on a different machine and I was able to leave that one custom module installed, upgrade, the module broke of course, then I uploaded the dnn 3 version and it worked :) So anyway I now do the upgrade on my live site and it upgrades just like it did on the test machine, except this time I noticed that the...

Can you print a module? I see some of the dotnetnuke.com modules have a print icon...
That would be a great help if it were possible to print the contents of a module. Like a text/html module. Is that a core feature or does DNN use custom modules for it's site? it's a Container Objects (read the dotnetnuke skinning.doc in the documentation folder for more details). You can add one to your container definition by adding [PRINTMODULE]/< dnn:PrintModule runat="server" id="dnn PrintModule "> . Take a look at Standard.htm in Portals\_default\Containers\DNN to see the one used on dotnetnuke.com Cathal Thanks...I'll try to digest all that and figur...

DotNetNuke: How to view user control Module by giving control Key in module definition
 I'm not viewing the usercontrol page when I'm giving Control key name in the module definition. but its shows if not giving control key name.I want to navigate from one user control page to another page module..I've written the coding as shown in below.. Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "ControlKeyValue", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString())); Its showing blank page when I'm executed...can anyone help me to solve this problem..?Thanks in advance..!Muthupandian ...

Module to module navigation in DNN 2.1.2
Hello, Im working on DNN 2.1.2. How could I navigate to a desktopmodule from a module. For ex. I have 2 desktopmodules say schools[assinged to a tab] and students[not assigned to a tab just create as a desktopmodule]. How can I navigate from the schools module to students using its desktopmoduleid. Please lemme know if you have any questions. Thanks, Nickel ...

More problems with my first dotnetnuke module build. Error when I try to load the module on the home page
Got past the module cache issue, now I have a problem displaying the module on the home page.  When I try to add it, I get this error.  What the heck is this all about?Unhandled error loading module.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessMainDirec...

Web resources about - DotNetNuke Module Creation #2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...