DNNMasters Module Level Security Provider was released today. Free source for developers that want to implement additional module actions security!

Module source is free, upon
requestfor developers that want to implement this functionality in their modules.

hand_32.gifIntroduction

DotNetNuke provides rich set of API for security. The Core Team had done its work and had implemented full set of Microsoft Membership provider. This is the base for security provider, which can be applied at tab and module level.
What does it mean for end user? Basically, user running latest version of DotNetNuke is able to restrict access to selected pages and/or modules on them. Restriction means, that page is or not visible or editable for users belonging to specified roles. Security Editor available on the settings page gives the administrator (or other privileged user) ability to explicitly restrict access to this page/module for some roles. DotNetNuke provides some kind of security inheritance – module located on a page with specified view/edit security inherits full set of security restrictions set up on the page level.
The view/edit model is in most cases sufficient to successfully apply security restrictions.
This is true for basic modules, which provide very simple set of functionality features. For most of currently available modules the Viewer – Editor access role is good enough. Some feature rich modules, notably DNNMasters Membership Management Suite PRO, which provide functionality on different levels of abstraction need something more, than just simple view/edit restriction. Such a powerful tool in wrong hands can do a lot of harm for the site and site administrator. Unfortunately, DotNetNuke core does not provide any system level security, which could stop destruction on data stored in security (and other) tables. A simple administrator’s mistake (giving users the ability to view and use DNNMasters Membership Management Suite PRO tool) can take the user database to the empty, sad end. DNNMasters Module Level Security Provider is remedy for this dangerous situation. It comes with additional libraries, which may be used separately from any module.

Any action or other activity can be secured and made inaccessible for roles with insufficient permissions. In DNNMasters Membership Management Suite PRO, user, who has no access to the ‘Roles’ tab, will not be able to read and modify roles. User, who has no access to the ‘Add new user’ action will not be able to add a new user (though he may be granted permission to view and update existing users).

DNNMasters Module Level Security Provider gives you following possibilities:

  • one place, where the user of your modules may set the security settings

  • easy way to provide additional security while in development mode

  • self extending security editor, which gives you much more, than just simple ‘View’ and ‘Edit’ actions

  • fine, granular control over access to module actions

It was created to assist module developers with the task of maintaining security on module action level.

Easy PA installation, no core changes or web.config modifications.
This module is a must-have tool for every serious and security conscious DotNetNuke developer.

Module source is free, upon requestfor developers that want to implement this functionality in their modules.
Module users will have to purchase the module separately - just once, it will provide security for all modules implementing this feature.
Redistribution licenses for developers are available separately!

Module documentation on ww.dnnmasters.com

Module is available on ww.snowcovered.com

Chris

==========================

Membership Management Suite

Multi Portal User Sharing

www.dnnmasters.com
0
kkojak

modules, modules

Module in Module

Tab Level/Module Level Security
When creating a tab DNN provides the ability to define Administrator roles. When defining a module DNN provides the ability to define Roles that can View Content, ( Overrides Tab Authorized Roles ) and Roles that can Edit Content. If I do the following: 1) Setup a Tab and define a specific security role (TestRole) as having Administrator access 2) Drop a module on this tab and do NOT give TestRole the ability to Edit Content. If a Security Role user signs on and accesses this tab, they still have the ability to edit the module content. That doesn't seem to me to be consistent....

Security on Discussions Module and Module Move not working, HELP!
I am using DNN 3.2.  My disucssion module allows users to edit not only their own dicussion items but other registered users items as well.  Is this how it is suppose to be?  I assumed it would only allow them to edit their own.  Has anyone encountered this problem?  Is this a bug? My other problem is when I try to move a module by clicking any of the move actions, nothing happens.  The screen doesn't even postback?  Anyone know a fix for this.  The setup went as planned.  However I am using ASP.NET 2.0 in IIS.  The file manager wasn't worki...

New module released today
DNNStuff is pleased to announce the release of an exciting new module named 'Module Rotator'. Module Rotator is a versatile module that allows you to rotate the content of multiple modules in the space of a single module. Features include: Both DNN2 and DNN3 versions included! Double the value!! Saves valuable screen real estate by rotating any number of DotNetNuke modules within a single module Hide the titles of all the rotated modules with a single setting There are two modes of operation: Timer (Client Side): Choose the timer option and pick the duration i...

Information requested from Module Developers wanting to sell modules
Hi, I wanted to post here and ask about module developers who have projects they want to sell, either anonymously or under their own name, and I am looking for great developers who have modules that are of quality and are looking for a reliable environment to market their work, without needing to involve themselves with the public. I'm about to launch my skinning/module/skinobject site - it's been something I have dearly wanted to do for so long but with the proper support/infrastructutre. It's taken long than I thought, but I believe we are very close and now I want to provide an environme...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Release of the free Host Lookup and Ping module with full source for DotNetNuke 4 from www.workcontrol.com
This module can be used to look up a host name's ip address and then ping it.  It is free for download by all registered users.  Full source code is included.Advanced User/Role Manager Module for DotNetNuke...

Modules and information about modules.
As we live in a word with different localization issues I think it would bee nice to tell byers and user if the module can handle different cultures and of cource if the module are localized or not. Sometimes it doesent matter that the module have static localization you can use it anyway. But if the date format or any other localized value are used inside the module I think it is essential to tell too. As an example I can tell that Portal Store just works if you use the US date format. So if you like to use it in non us english you have to go through the code and correct it. As I know th...

A Module inside a Module ??
Hi DNN Community, I've developed a DNN module (let's call it module X) which is included in my DNN website as a private assembly. However, I'l like to add a scrolling marque usercontrol to my module X. As a start, I purchased a scrolling marquee module from snowcovered which works great as a stand alone module. However, I'd like to modify this module so it fits into my module X. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, and if there is any source code available where I could see how this is done. Thanks in advance, Brad How about putting a placeholder control in your module X then...

Modules Containing Modules
I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html). I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public tools already published that I'...

Module to Module Communication
Does anyone have an example of how to implement module-module communication/event handling using DNN2? I have tried to look through the portal code and try to figure it out for myself but not much luck :) Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com To answer my own question I found the following link. Any other resources and solid examples that anyone else would like to share? http://xpdit.com/DeskTopDefault.aspx?tabid=1&BookID=13&ChapterID=69&PageID=242Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com I seem to remember an example on kodhedz.netMatt FraserDotNetNuke Co...

Load module into module...
Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

Web resources about - DNNMasters Module Level Security Provider was released today. Free source for developers that want to implement additional module actions security! - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Roush Quality
DNNMasters SEO URL Provider is running in evaluation mode. Please purchase license on www.dnnmasters.com Home Our Company Management History ...

Site Map
Sunday, June 01, 2014 Home Site Map Feedback Frequently Asked Questions Our Community Community History Schools Maps & Directions Population ...