Customize Help for Module

Alright. I know there is a way to customize the Help for modules. I do not want to use the Online Help option. I have disected multiple modules to see how they did it but I am stumped. Searched the database and resource files too. Nothing. Can anyone shed some light on this?

0
summerj

there is a place to post a help url in the module definition is that what you are talking about?  (in 3.1.1 at least)
Dylan Barber
read my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com
Pants Optional!
0
codegalaxy
9/7/2005 9:11:01 PM
Thanks for the reply. Instead of redirecting the user to a URL, I wanted to use the built in help that most of the modules take advantage up. For example: the documents module. Click on the question mark and it displays help for that module within the module itself.
0
summerj
9/7/2005 9:18:30 PM
In the .resx file for your module language localization. e.g. /App_LocalResources/MyModuleName.ascx.resx add a name called ModuleHelp.Text and for it's value specify your help text.

HTH's
Dave
0
DBuckner
9/8/2005 12:01:50 AM
Thanks Dave!

I had to create the file but once I did, it worked great. Appreciate the help.
0
summerj

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Module in Module

modules, modules

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

Converting an Ibuyspy custom Module to DotNetDuke Custom Module
Are there any instructions on what it takes to convert an IBuySpy Custom Module to DotNetDuke. .. What do I need to add or change. There is a developer whitepaper included with the DNN download I think or you can download the whitepaper at www.dotnetnuke.com. JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

Custom desktop modules to be Admin modules?
Well, I have to put some custom desktop modules to the Admin level since they are all used by some other modules. For example: Module A,B,C are common modules, while Module X1, X2, X3,X4,X5..... are not common, and X1,X2,X3,X4,X5... use Module A,B,C. And I noticed that the way now DNN does with the admin tabs is similiar with normal tabs but they have no AdministratorRoles. And I also find that there is one file called admin.template in the portal folder. I can find all the definitions of the admin tabs. I simply do the same as what I find, the my own tab is there, the when I click,...

Customizing Module Help
I've seen some modules with on-line help and help dialogs. Example Users Online... What would be the easiest way to accomplish the following: Assume we created Help.Mysite.com ==> detailed documentation for various screens and modules installed or available at mysite.com. Customize Help dialog for all installed modules directing users to specific tabs in help.mysite.com. How can I add my own help links to third party PA's? The help access is defined in code, in the module's entry point: MyBase.Actions.Add(GetNextActionID, "Edit", "", ...

Is there a way to call a module from inside of your own custom module?
Is there a way to call an already uploaded module from a completely separate module? Yep. Depends on what you want. Easiest way is to add the existing module as one of the controls of your own module. You can then call it just like any other control in your own module (e.g. use EditUrl to format the link). ...

Custom module / error handeling in module settings
I am working on a custom module, and I need to do some server side validation in the settings page/control of the module, and if the validation fails I need to show the user an error message. I tried to use the DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.AddModuleMessage in the UpdateSettings() method, but the messages does not show up, in fact DNN sends me back to the view page. I have also tried to use the AddPageMessage, but with the same result. In the view part of the module the AddModuleMessage is working fine and showing messages on the top of the pane. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Custom module disables adding additional modules
Does anyone have any ideas why a custom module, after successful addition to a page, would them disable the addition of additional modules - core or custom? The history.... This is my first sizeable custom module. The code was developed as a normal web app and ported to a DNN module using the templates from Vicenç Masanas. The module works as intended. I am not doing anything exotic, just accessing database info, displaying it to the user, and processing input. I am using a few custom ASP.NET controls to display list data and provide a checked list box for user input. I did...

Web resources about - Customize Help for Module - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

IPhone App Gabi Lets Users Customize Their Facebook News Feeds
iPhone users who want a different way of catching up with their Facebook news feeds have a new option in the form of Gabi , a $0.99 application ...

Customize, target, analyze: A Facebook mobile app install ad guide
... ads directly towards them. If there is a simpler way of explaining all of these steps, it would come down to this circular process: customize, ...

Shelf Backgrounds and Wallpapers Free - Customize Home Screen with Glow Effects on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get Shelf Backgrounds and Wallpapers Free - Customize Home Screen with Glow Effects on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Customize Feedburner Stats - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Search Engine Land's photos on Flickr. Search Engine Land has uploaded 1714 photos to Flickr.

SPONSORED: Groundbreaking Video Game Lets Players Customize Characters' Genetic Code - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Video game customization reaches new heights in 'The Elder Scrolls Online' thanks to ...

Millennials push fast food industry to customize their meals
Millennials, it seems, want their food quick and customized and they are finding it with a new breed of restaurant called 'Fast Casual'. Today, ...

GTools+ customizes Google+ to your liking
A new Chrome Extension called GTools+ allows you to customize Google+ to your liking. The extension features many customizations like moving ...

iOS 8 How-to: Set up and customize third-party keyboards
iOS 8 brings support for third party keyboards. This allows the user to further customize their device and they are no longer forced to use Appleā€™s ...

Want to customize your Taco Bell order? Now there's ta.co
... is catchy and easy to remember, but there's more to it than just browsing the same menu you'll find in the restaurant. Instead you can customize ...

How Emory Porsche Customizes Incredible Vintage Porsche 356s
Some view these new/old hybrids as heresy, but once you get behind the wheel of a souped-up piece of history, it's hard to argue with Rod Emory's ...