Custom Module with custom pages?

Hi,

I am new with DotNetNuke and would like to add asp.net-pages I developed myself. These pages have their own functions and structure.

I tried to do this with a custom module unfortunately with no result. Of course I could add a custom module and edit the content of this module. But this is not what I want to do.

Is there any way to add my pages in DNN? If yes how?

Maybe I can create these pages directly in DNN again but there are a few questions / problems I see:

1. The website has to export some data in xml and a local application has to read this data directly. The function for reading the data already exsits in my local application.

2. The local application has to call a specified URL to download this XML-Data and has to login for this download (via POST-Method)

3. One of the pages must be able to implement in some external homepages (including authentification of the owner of the homepage)

It is possible to do this inside DNN?

Greetings

Progmasta

PS - Hope you understand my english ;) and what I want to do.

0
Progmasta

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

Converting an Ibuyspy custom Module to DotNetDuke Custom Module
Are there any instructions on what it takes to convert an IBuySpy Custom Module to DotNetDuke. .. What do I need to add or change. There is a developer whitepaper included with the DNN download I think or you can download the whitepaper at www.dotnetnuke.com. JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

customizing custom modules
Hi! First of all, I´m very unexperienced in developing modules, but trying to learn. I have downloaded some modules including the source. Just downloaded Scott McCullochs NewsArticle module. I would like to play with them and do some changes and modifications, but I do not really know how to do. Can you give me some advise on best practises how to do? I am using VS.Net but i´m still a newbie, and I don´t know how to set up a development environment for this. For DNN getting started tips for development, check out DNN Jungle. As for setting up your dev en...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

Cannot get rid of a custom module. How do I manually delete a module (not on any pages) in DNN 3.1?
I've gone through this nightmare to move a site from 2.1.2 to 3.1.  I have to say, on an aside, that if there's no better way to upgrade than to delete all custom modules, DNN will not survivie in the long term...at least the selling of custom modules won't.  It's too much a high cost, beyond the price of modules...never mind there's absolutely no regulation on testing these modules to ensure that they delelte themselves correctly (and also delete all of themselves, like the tables, foreign keys, stored procs, etc..  If a user isn't a db expert, right now upgrading a f...

Custom desktop modules to be Admin modules?
Well, I have to put some custom desktop modules to the Admin level since they are all used by some other modules. For example: Module A,B,C are common modules, while Module X1, X2, X3,X4,X5..... are not common, and X1,X2,X3,X4,X5... use Module A,B,C. And I noticed that the way now DNN does with the admin tabs is similiar with normal tabs but they have no AdministratorRoles. And I also find that there is one file called admin.template in the portal folder. I can find all the definitions of the admin tabs. I simply do the same as what I find, the my own tab is there, the when I click,...

Is there a way to call a module from inside of your own custom module?
Is there a way to call an already uploaded module from a completely separate module? Yep. Depends on what you want. Easiest way is to add the existing module as one of the controls of your own module. You can then call it just like any other control in your own module (e.g. use EditUrl to format the link). ...

Custom module / error handeling in module settings
I am working on a custom module, and I need to do some server side validation in the settings page/control of the module, and if the validation fails I need to show the user an error message. I tried to use the DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.AddModuleMessage in the UpdateSettings() method, but the messages does not show up, in fact DNN sends me back to the view page. I have also tried to use the AddPageMessage, but with the same result. In the view part of the module the AddModuleMessage is working fine and showing messages on the top of the pane. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Custom module disables adding additional modules
Does anyone have any ideas why a custom module, after successful addition to a page, would them disable the addition of additional modules - core or custom? The history.... This is my first sizeable custom module. The code was developed as a normal web app and ported to a DNN module using the templates from Vicenç Masanas. The module works as intended. I am not doing anything exotic, just accessing database info, displaying it to the user, and processing input. I am using a few custom ASP.NET controls to display list data and provide a checked list box for user input. I did...

DotNetNuke Module with custom? controls on it.
I'm having a problem with a module I'm building and its relating to some kind of control(server, user, html,web etc - I dont know the difference between them) that I'm using. First of all, what is the difference between server, user, html, web, and custom controls? ok, now for my problem: The Scenario: I have a DotNetNuke module which is dynamically loading a bunch of controls. This works fine. Two of the controls I have are Projex.Controls.TextBox and Projex.Controls.SuperTextBox A TextBox is a Class-only (.vb) file that inherits from System.Web.UI.TextBox and has some ...

Web resources about - Custom Module with custom pages? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Customs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The movement of people into and out of a country is normally monitored by immigration authorities, under a variety of names and arrangements. ...

Custom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get the max out of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 5 via CM13 custom ROM
Get Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 5 via CM13 custom ROM for better performance

Ex-customs officer Christopher Cranney jailed for conspiring to import illegal drug precursor
A senior customs officer has been jailed for at least eight-and-a-half years for his role in a major drug importation conspiracy that saw millions ...

2015 Los Angeles Auto Show: Concepts and customs
Clever concept cars and some wacky custom machines.

Harley-Davidson creates custom chopper for USS Milwaukee
... takes delivery of a new warship. So to mark the launch of the USS Milwaukee, Lockheed Martin collaborated with Harley-Davidson on this custom ...

Windows Phone hacked! Unlock Lumia bootloader, get root access, flash custom ROMs
... mobile community. Called "Windows Phone Internals", it allows Lumia owners to unlock their bootloaders, gain root access and even flash custom ...

This robot bartender makes a custom shot from 5 personality traits revealed by your Facebook profile
A group of German designers have created a robot that will make you a custom shot based on your social media profile. Two years ago, researchers ...

Jessica Biel in custom Monse at Baby2Baby gala: tragic, terrible or lovely?
... and many women dress up in formal gowns. But Jessica Biel’s dress just seems really, really extra for the venue. Biel’s gown was a custom-made ...

Fashion of The Day: These Chickens Get Custom Knitted Sweaters For Winter
A woman in the UK doesn't give cluck what you think about her obsession with knitting sweaters for her chickens. She's just happy to help them ...