create new module in dotnetnuke using vs 2005

Hi every body , i'm new with dotnetnuke and i want to create new module using vs 2005,
i've install dotnetnuke using the instruction in this article
    - ShowPost
but i want to complete module creation using  vs 2005.
any help please
0
zein

see:

Creating a DotNetNuke® Module For absolute beginners!

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
6/22/2006 1:16:06 PM
hi adefwebserver, thanks for your answer

i've read this article before , its using visual web developer (visual studio express) and sqlserver express as environment for developing modules in dotnetnuke, but i want to create the new module under the visual studio 2005 environment with sqlserver 2000 or sql server 2005,

i hope you have an experience in this field,

0
zein
6/22/2006 2:57:39 PM
The directions are exactly the same :)

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
6/22/2006 10:15:21 PM

Hi zein,

you can find a more advanced tutorial on my site:

http://vladan.strigo.net

under the projects section

HTH

Thanks, Vladan Strigo

My website: Vladan.Strigo.NET
0
Vladan
6/26/2006 6:43:03 AM
Hi all, and thanks for your help
Vladan Stigo your article  is very good specially the last lines which are about the expected features.

after i know how to create a small module, Is there any articles about how to create 2 things

-  full new portal
- complicated modules like hotel reservation

and thanks for all your help
0
zein
6/27/2006 1:43:03 PM

Thanks :)

Actually you have to start developing and then after a while you will have various small things you will need or see that you can improve - for that as well for building bigger solutions you need experience developing smaller ones, tutorials won't help you much with that.

As for the portal - there are plenty of tutorials out there, books as well - try to find some of this related your specific needs.

Thanks, Vladan Strigo

My website: Vladan.Strigo.NET
0
Vladan
6/27/2006 2:04:42 PM

any news on templates or anything?  just curious if you had gotten together with the others and agreed on a single format ?

0
brian_c
6/27/2006 2:57:14 PM
hi every body,
i want to create new portal in DNN 4 but i couldn't ,
i've login  to host got portal part and add new parent portal
but there's no portal at all ,

-Where's the files for this protal ?
-Is there any configuration needed to have this portal up and work?
-Is there any steps needed in DNN that i don't know?

any help please, and many thanks for all of you

0
zein
6/28/2006 12:49:37 PM

brian_c,

"others"?

I'm still working on this alone, Phillip told me he would like to join, but that's only after I finish some things, as for the updates... check out my blog, all news will be published there first.

Also I already have an idea for the templates, but because of other projects I had to put the work on this on hold a bit, I hope to continue working on it begining next week

Thanks, Vladan Strigo

My website: Vladan.Strigo.NET
0
Vladan
6/28/2006 1:10:35 PM

zein,

check out the documentation on dotnetnuke.com for that part - there is a good help system now which will help you allot.

Thanks, Vladan Strigo

My website: Vladan.Strigo.NET
0
Vladan

subject:- create new module in dotnetnuke using vs 2005
subject:- create new module in dotnetnuke using vs 2005body:-    hi every body , i'm new in dotnetnuke , and i want to create new module using vs 2005    there are some articles in this field but using visual stodio express,     i want to create this module in vs 2005    any help please HelloThere are quite a few posts addressing this - here is a step by step tutorial.Rodney Hi mosbah, you can find a more advanced tutorial on my site: http://vladan.strigo.net under the projects section   HTHThanks, Vladan StrigoMy webs...

Create DotNetNuke Module Failed Using VS.net
Hello, I am trying to customise a module for dotnetnuke. When i open the Dotnetnuke Visual Studio.Net solution file (C:\DotNetNuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.DesktopModules\DotNetNuke.D esktopModules.sln), I got an error The Selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file. Why is it so!!! Can anyone help me. I get the help on how to customise a dotnetnuke module from http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/VB.NET/Creating-Custom-Modules/1 Your Help is appreciated..............

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

How can i create new Modules for DotNetNuke
Hi, How can i create new modules for DotNetNuke websites? We are thinking about hosting DotNetNuke and really need a way users can totally modify their webpages look. We would also like to make our own modules and upload them to DotNetNuke. Is there a way? Replacing bunch of aspx and css pages on IIS doesnt sound very attractive to me. Thanks- and sorry about the qwerty account J. Check the \(DotNetNuke folder)\Documentation\Public folder for the DotNetNuke Module Developer's Guide.  It's a good start. This site is an invaluable resource for creating modules...

help in creating new module in dotnetnuke
hi, i want help in using dotnetnuke. i devlop one with it.but i m unable to create new modules with it. can i add my aspx pages with it. how can i make transactions with my tables in access database. plz any body wjho have it's knowledge help me. can i use ajax in it. thanks in advance.......................(Shaikhu) As you are using DotNetNuke, you should sign up with the dedicated DotNetNuke Forums.  If you ask your questions there, you will receive answers from developers who know DotNetNuke very well. Alister...

As to create a new module inside DotNetNuke
hi I have a problem I have realized a seplice page asp.net that him interface with index server (system that indexes the whole files) so that to seek the present files in the briefcase Portals/0 / of DoteNetNuke. Now as I can climb on my application in dotnetnuke. this tried but help doesn't work. marcomix, I'm guessing that English isn't your native language and that you used a translator to convert your question into English. The only problem is that it makes no sense now. I can see that it has to do with index server indexing the files in the portals/0/ directory but tha...

Problem with DotNetNuke Application (Creating a new Module)
Hello friends, i have created a new module in DotNetNuke application. the page is only having one textbox and one button. in "View Mode", problem is when i type something in the textbox and press the button, the value of the textbox is get cleared!!! when i am in "Edit Mode" every thing is fine. what would be the problem? pls help me A dedicated DNN forum exists over at: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/tabid/795/Default.aspx.  This might be the best place to get help with your DNN questions.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? ...

Using VS.NET 2005 to Develope Modules?
Where I can information about Using VS.NET 2005 to Develope Modules for DNN 3.x?  There is anyway to use the new features of ASP.NET 2.0 like gridview and strongly typed datasets with DNN 3.x modules?...

Creating a DotNetNuke Module using notepad
I think have written what I hope to be is the simplest tutorial for the absolute beginner who wants to learn how to make a custom module for DotNetNuke. http://adefwebserver.com/DotNetNukeHELP/DNN_Module1/SilverlightDesktop.net A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows....

Creating a DotNetNuke Module using notepad
I think have written what I hope to be is the simplest tutorial for the absolute beginner who wants to learn how to make a custom module for DotNetNuke. http://adefwebserver.com/DotNetNukeHELP/DNN_Module1/SilverlightDesktop.net A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows. Congratulations and thank you for this needed lesson. Best regards, Sam TannerSam TannerEasy Template Skins for dotNetNuke Excellent, now I've read the book, when is the movie coming out? Just curious, why did you use notepad and not visual studio for ...

Creating a DotNetNuke Module using notepad
I have created a step-by-step tutorial for creating a DNN module using notepad. Before I publicize it I need help making sure I didn’t make any mistakes. Please take a look at it at: http://adefwebserver.com/DotNetNukeHELP/DNN_Module1/ and provide any feedback. Thank You! SilverlightDesktop.net A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows. Great article!! It helps to get newbies an understanding of how a module works. I wish this was out a few months ago!!! Excellent Job....

Creating new module error in VS.NET 2003
I downloaded DNN 3.1.1, unzipped it into c:\DotNetNuke, created an IIS application from that directory and DNN works fine.  However, if I want to build a new module and open the DotNetNuke.DesktopModules.sln and I get a bunch of messages like "DotNetNuke.Announcements.vbproj" the system cannot find the specified path.  If I search it is not in the directory.  I get a bunch of these.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Or is there a different way to create modules in 3.1.1?ThanksC see: http://www.dotnetnuke.dk/Default.aspx?PageContentMode=1&tabid=209SilverlightDesktop.n...

Creating a DotNetNuke Module using notepad
I have updated my tutorial, "Creating a DotNetNuke Module using notepad - For absolute beginners!"  You can get to it here.SilverlightDesktop.net A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows. Nice work! This should be required reading for anyone starting DNN module development, even if they use VS.NET with dnnjungle templates. Having to do the hard work yourself makes you understand the matter at hand much better. SquadEngine for game squad and clan hostingGravityPoint for all other group portal hostingTungstenTech: DNN Si...

Web resources about - create new module in dotnetnuke using vs 2005 - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...