Compiling a simple module won't work with 3x dotnetnuke.dll

Obviously (maybe not so) there are different type definitions or classes etc.. in the 3x DotNetNuke.dll. When I attempt to compile a vb file into a dll using the 3.011 DotNetNuke.dll I receive the errors below, but if I replace it with the 2x dll it works fine with no errors. Can someone explain to me why this is so? Further, can someone direct me in modifying the vb file to compile under 3x (I.E a net resource, tutorial, document, or personal assistance) ?

C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev>vbc /t:library /r:system.dll /r:system.web.dll /r:DotNetNuke.dll ImportantMessages.vb
Microsoft (R) Visual Basic .NET Compiler version 7.10.6001.4
for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.4322.2032
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1987-2002. All rights reserved.
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(14) : error BC30002: Type 'PortalModuleControl' is not defined.
Inherits PortalModuleControl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(20) : error BC30451: Name 'GetNextActionID' is not declared.
MyBase.Actions.Add(GetNextActionID, "Edit Message", "", URL:=EditURL(), secure:=SecurityAccessLevel.Edit, Visible:=True)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(20) : error BC30451: Name 'EditURL' is not declared.
MyBase.Actions.Add(GetNextActionID, "Edit Message", "", URL:=EditURL(), secure:=SecurityAccessLevel.Edit, Visible:=True)
~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(20) : error BC30451: Name 'SecurityAccessLevel' is not declared.
MyBase.Actions.Add(GetNextActionID, "Edit Message", "", URL:=EditURL(), secure:=SecurityAccessLevel.Edit, Visible:=True)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(28) : error BC30002: Type 'DotNetNuke.ModuleController' is not defined.
Dim objModules As New DotNetNuke.ModuleController
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(29) : error BC30451: Name 'Settings' is not declared.
Message_Label.Text = CType(Settings("Message"), String) & " - The time is now " & DateTime.Now.ToString() & ""
~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(43) : error BC30002: Type 'PortalModuleControl' is not defined.
Inherits PortalModuleControl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(49) : error BC30469: Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference.
If Page.IsPostBack = False Then
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(51) : error BC30451: Name 'Settings' is not declared.
MessageTextBox.Text = CType(Settings("Message"), String)
~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(58) : error BC30002: Type 'DotNetNuke.ModuleController' is not defined.
Dim objModules As New DotNetNuke.ModuleController
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(59) : error BC30451: Name 'ModuleId' is not declared.
objModules.UpdateModuleSetting(ModuleId, "Message", MessageTextBox.Text)
~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(60) : error BC30469: Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference.
Response.Redirect(NavigateURL())
~~~~~~~~
C:\dotnetnuke\bin\dev\ImportantMessages.vb(60) : error BC30451: Name 'NavigateURL' is not declared.
Response.Redirect(NavigateURL())
~~~~~~~~~~~
Much obliged!
lufueury
0
lufueury

The namespace setup has changed from 2.x to 3.x.  This is why you are getting all these errors.  Things like PortalModuleControl are now different.  Please see an example of a core dnn module for ideas on how to implement.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
2/28/2005 4:05:10 PM
That makes sense. Thank you for the response! All directions to good resources for module development (preferably free), or an application for porting 2x code to 3x would be of great help and much appreciated.

Much obliged
lufueury
0
lufueury
2/28/2005 6:40:49 PM
Look in the documentation folder of your DNN installation. There is a module developers guide, I would start there, after that check out DNNJungle I'll post the link below. These two should get you going. HTH's

http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/
Regards,

Scott Schecter
EntitySpaces
Schecter Technology Solutions
0
AerosSaga

Module won't die! Page won't die!
Hi, I've got a module on my page...it's all blanked out...(remnant of the site before it deleted my desktop modules directory and I had to reinstall the modules) that is returning an error. So I tried to delete this module but it won't delete. So I then deleted the page and that worked...except I can't delete the page out of the recycle bin. Any help? Quick Tip, Go straight to the database. Note the tab name, module name and any extra information related to the modules content. 1. If content is stored in table (e.g. HtmlText) go to the modules Table search for deleted modules (IsD...

Which modules won't work with Blowery?
I'm getting ready to add blowery to my 3.2.2 site to give it a much-needed speed boost, but I've seen warnings that some modules may break when you start using compression. So far, so good in my test environment - the File Manager isn't working properly under blowery, but I think I can live with that. For future reference, though, I would like to get an idea of any modules that people know of that will break with blowery.Thanks! You can exclude file types from Blowery compression to ensure everything works as planned. Here is my web.config section, note it excludes zip fles <blowery.we...

DotNetNuke doesn't display any Modules
Oddly enough I just had one of the Engineers install the 1.1 Framework on the server and am in the process of trying to get DNN 2.1.2 to work on the Windows 2000 box. The portal loads to the default Homepage just fine however after Login the Tab Admin doesn't display nor does any module. I tried uploading a DNN portal I know works (making necessary changes) and it too doesn't display the Tab admin or any Modules that have been defined. I tried 2.0.3 and get the "Module could not be loaded Graphic". But it doesn't display when running 2.1.2. Needless to say I...

Why won't dnn2 modules work under dnn3?
I can read at a lot of websites that modules developed for DNN2, won't work under DNN3. Now, my intentions are to develop my own modules, skins and containers, but in order to do so, I need to know why things developed for dnn2, won't work under dnn3. So there are my questions: Why won't dnn2 modules work under dnn3? What are the main differences between DNN2 and DNN3? Are there templates to develope modules for DNN2 and DNN3? Any help regarding this subject is highly appreciated. Erik Lueskenwww.cupido-online.nlhttp://netherlands.dnn-usergroup.net ad 1. there are a ...

VMWare server won't compile vsock module
I've been trying to install VMWare server on my 11.1 system. When I run the configuration program all the modules compile and load perfectly except for vsock. I get the error message: Unable to make a vsock module that can be loaded in the running kernel: insmod: error inserting '/tmp/vmware-config2/vsock.o': -1 Unknown symbol in module There is probably a slight difference in the kernel configuration between the set of C header files you specified and your running kernel. You may want to rebuild a kernel based on that directory, or specify another directory. I ...

Survey Module - won't work
I am using DNN 1.0.9 and when I log in as host and install the Survey Private Assemly via File Manager and then add new Module everything seems to be working fine. But when I go to the Home tab and want to add the newly installed module via the dropdown list, I get that generic runtime error page. I even closed my browser and tried to load it again (DNN) and all I get is that generic runtime error page. I then went to the my SQL Server db and went ahead and deleted the ModuleDefinition for Survey and everything now works fine, i.e. the site loads up but without any recognition of ...

New SHA module won't compile blead under C++
Commit d3013bbfc3b14e06bdc794c44d15e95024343369 Upgrade Digest::SHA from version 5.88 to 5.91 breaks blead when compiling in C++. The reason is that it uses a C++ reserved-word 'class' as a formal parameter name --------------030509040406060201000007 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit On 05/28/2014 04:54 PM, Karl Williamson wrote: > Commit d3013bbfc3b14e06bdc794c44d15e95024343369 > Upgrade Digest::SHA from version 5.88 to 5.91 > > breaks blead when compiling in C++. The reason is that it uses a C++ ...

Does the 'copy this module on all pages work for 3.0.13? Or do I need to purchase a 'shadow module' again?
Previous in 2.1.2 I was told by a number of experienced souls to avoid the checkbox for 'use this module on all pages', and to instead download a shadow module.  Did the core team fix all the issues w/this checkbox thing?  Or do I still need to get a 'shadow module' so I can create ONE module, make the settings, and then just create shadow module of that same module w/the same settings on other pages?  I haven't seen any threads about this, and I had figured that the core team would remove the 'copy this module to all pages', because it appeared to not work, but it's s...

Module-Starter's t/module-starter.t has skip_all
Hi all! As can be seen here: * http://module-starter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/t/module-starter.t Module::Starter's t/module-starter.t has the following lines: {{{{{{{{{{ use Test::More; plan skip_all => "these tests must be completely rewritten"; }}}}}}}}}} It also seems none of them test for the contents of the files, but only for their existence. What can be done about it and when will it be fixed? I wanted to improve the M-S support for software licences, but now it seems that I cannot add regression tests for this task easily. Regards, Shl...

I installed DotNetNuke 3.11, but core services won't work
I installed  to ISP:n DotNetNuke 3.11, everything works fine if I install it locally, but when I install it http://www.korhonen.org all out of core services are there but not any core services like HTML/text and also the demosite will not be created. Otherwise site worksWhat I am doing wrong?Any settings in database, I should be DBO at database....Thanks,Mauri You need to log in to your site as host host and change the password right away.After that choose wizard, and choose a template to build your site from.  Or, just start adding pages and adding modules.Your si...

3.0.12
Add an Image module and select an image for it. Go to Module settings Unselect Display Container. The container stills shows up.Do you know the truth when you hear it? I've noticed that the 'Don't Display Container' option does not apply when logged in as host or admin- the container still shows. Logging out and browsing seems to hide the container. I don't know if this applies with registered users though.Kirk The behavior of all containers is erratic as well, some don't even show the picture. This happens in both preview and design views.Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

Extension Uninstaller won't work and won't uninstall itself
I have a complicated profile that I don't want to have to recreate. I'm using SM 1.0.5, and I want to uninstall all of the extensions that I've installed that don't come from Mozilla. These are my current extensions: Chatzilla 0.9.67+ Extension Manager 2.0 Extension Uninstaller API 2.0 FlashGot 0.5.9.995 NoScript 1.1.4.1 reporter.mozilla.org Roaming I want to uninstall Flashgot, Noscript, the Extension Manager and the Extension Uninstaller API; however, the Extension Manager doesn't work; it won't uninstall either Flashgot nor Noscript, and I don&...

Could someone explain the DotNetNuke 'PageTitle' Module for me?
Hi, I've been *told* it's a Skin Object.  But it's NOT listed under 'Skin Objects' in the Module Definitions, and when I add it to a Page it does NOTHING.  When I go in and try to add a module to it, since it appears to be mussing...the PageTitle.ascx file, I get an error.  Me thinks there's a tag reference or some procedure that's not explained anywhere, which could truly shed some light on someone who's trying to do a first Skin Object.  I can't 'add' it to a page as a module.  I can't add it as a skin object tag, since it's not listed w/other Skin Objec...

DotNetNuke 3.2 module with Schwarz's Ajax.dll 5.7.22.2
Can someone please help me? I am trying to add Ajax functionality to a DotNetNuke 3.2 module using Schwarz's Ajax.dll (v5.7.22.2). When I use the DNNStub application my module works like a champ, but when I run it in the DotNetNuke environment I get a javascript error on the line where my Ajax function is called. What can I do? Thanks. Please provide additional information. What was the javascript error you got?~ Innovative Modules @ Inspector IT~ I Blog @ CTO 2.0 Please describe more and be sure to have the latest version DNN 3.2.1 installed.-------------------------------------Be Simp...

Web resources about - Compiling a simple module won't work with 3x dotnetnuke.dll - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...