Aggregator 4.0 - New Version - Tab and Localize Modules

Hi all, just wanted to let you know about the latest release of our Aggregator module. Stop by www.dnnstuff.com and download a free trial.

Aggregator (Tabbed Modules) is a flexible module that acts as a tabbed container or localization container for 1 or more modules.

New to version 4.0 (DNN3,DNN4 only):

Multiple modules per tab

  • Choose the 'Add new tab from module' option to pick a module and have it add the tab and module at the same time
  • You can insert a break after any module to move it down below the previous module for positioning

Localization

  • Any tab or module can be defined specific to a locale so it only shows for users in that locale.
  • All locales (the default) shows always
  • Fallback locale only shows if it's only module or tab left after deciding on whether to show any specific locales. For instance, you could have an NL-NL tab and a Fallback tab. If you were logged in as NL-NL locale then it would only show the NL-NL tab, the fallback would not be shown. Conversely, if you are logged in as anything other than NL-NL, then it would only show the fallback tab

Prev/Next

  • If this option is selected, then Prev/Next buttons will be shown. To change the Prev/Next text, edit the App_LocalResources/Aggregator.ascx.resx file (for English) or it's localized alternative for other languages

Hide Single Tabs

  • If this option is selected and there ever happens to be a single tab (either because only 1 tab is defined or 1 tab is left after the localizations are determined) then the tab will not be shown essentially making it appear as a normal module. This is useful if you wanted to localize a text/html module for 5 different locales. You could add a single tab, add 5 text/html modules each for a different locale (actually 4 locales and a fallback) and when it is rendered, you wouldn't see a tab at all just the specific text/html module that applies to the locale of the user

Tab Skin

  • Skinning has been simplified with the use of a skins directory beneath the DestopModules/DNNStuff - Aggregator folder. Each folder below that is a skin, and includes subfolders for Top,Bottom,Left,Right and Inline. The skin has to have a styles.css file and any images it needs in these folders. The most complex example of this would be the BlueSteel skin. This will make it much easier to bundle skins together and deploy them without having to edit a module.css file etc.
  • The old 'theme' skinning syntax still works and if you upgrade from an older version it will maintain this setting although you have the option to override to the new skinning ability

Active Hover

  • If this option is selected, the tabs will be automatically selected whenever the user hovers over them. Your users will absolutely love this feature!!!

New Features include:

  • Nested tabs - Aggregator modules may be nested within each other for a multi-level drill down effect (See sample here)
  • Customized captions - Tab captions can be individually customized with images, text or replacement text using predefined tokens

Features include:

  • Saves valuable screen real estate by wrapping any number of DotNetNuke modules within a tabbed interface
  • Each tab takes on the name of the module that it wraps
  • Since module titles are not necessary when shown in tabs, you can automatically hide all your module titles with a single setting
  • All tab changes are client-side so there is no postback to slow your users down or tie up your server
  • Selected tabs stay selected even if you move back and forth through the site

Flexibility:

  • Includes 5 different tab positions:
    • Top, Bottom, Right, Left and Inline
  • Infinitely customizable using CSS styles so you can match your site look and feel
  • You can provide styles for the following:
    • TabStrip - style applied to the container that the tabs are shown in
    • TabUnselected - style applied to the unselected tabs
    • TabSelected - style applied to the selected tab
    • TabMouseOver - style applied when mousing over any unselected tabs
    • TabPage - style applied to the pages containing your modules
  • Styles are grouped into themes, so all you have to do is specify a single theme name to switch all 5 styles at once
Security:
  • Tab rights mimic the modules they contain and will only show if the user has the proper privileges

Samples:

  • Tab look and feel are only limited by your imagination.
  • Take a look at the sample page for just a few of the many looks you can achieve.

Richard Edwards
Available DotNetNuke modules - SQLView, CSSInclude, Aggregator - Tabbed Modules, Module Rotator
http://www.dnnstuff.com,
0
dnnstuff

Module Naming Scheme [DotNetNuke 4.0.0]
I am enjoying new found speed in setting up new module projects using the Starter Kit as demonstrated by Shaun in his tutorials posted at this location: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx However this has prompted me to raise a question regarding the naming scheme for module files and folders. In Shaun's example the starter kit produces a Namespace of "YourCompany.Modules.Widget" and it obvious how this avoids any naming collision.The folders under the App_Code folder and the DesktopModules folder are both simply "Widget" and if the module is to be...

Just upgraded local version 2.0.4 to 2.1.2
Upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 and all seems to work fairly well. It's my local version and uses Access as the default provider. The only problem occurs with a module that I've created using Vic Masanas's templates (no bust on Vic's templates...they're awesome!). This custom module has been working fine in the previous DNN version. When I logged into my new DNN version, however, the module generated an error: "A critical error has occurred. Disk or network error." Other modules work fine. So I deleted the module and the module definition and then reloaded the PA. Th...

Module in Module

DotNetNuke 4.0 Module Compatibility
I feel the answer to this is fairly obvious, but i want to ask it anyway, so bear with me here...I'm about to start developing a couple of dotnetnuke modules, however with the recent release of DNN4, i'm contemplating developing them with VS2005. However i get the feeling that modules developed with VS2005 won't actually be backwards compatible with DNN3.x.I guess my question is, would i be better off developing modules for DNN3.x using .NET 1.1, as i've read that DNN4 will be completely compatible with DNN3 modules, or do i develop exclusively for DNN4, forcing users to upgrade if they...

modules, modules

Faulting application grpwise.exe, version 6.0.1.0, faulting module grpwise.exe, version 6.0.1.0, fault address 0x0000ff90.
The above subject line and below is the error I can see from the event viewer on the XP workstation of one of my users when trying to login to GroupWise with the GroupWise Client32. She can access our GroupWise6 server through WebAccess and through an old Citrix server we have running the GroupWise5 client. I can not figure out why the GW Client32 will not allow access. "Faulting application grpwise.exe, version 6.0.1.0, faulting module grpwise.exe, version 6.0.1.0, fault address 0x0000ff90." I found this Novell TID#10076201 to be the closest thing to the problem I ...

Download Forum Module for version 4.0.2
Can someone tell me where I can download Free Forum Module for Version 4.0.2? Are you talking about the core forum module? I believe the module works in 3 and 4, though someone might want to confirm that.I also have a free forum module at http://presstopia.com. I haven't actively tested the module on DNN 4 yet, but I received feedback that it works just fine. Other free forum modules I know of are YAF and then there's one written in C# called DnnBB. Not sure if they run on DNN 4 though. It's worth a look.Presstopia.Com...

DotNetNuke 4.0, Module development project and Web references...
Iv just started developing my first module in DNN.  My assignement is to develop a module, which in turn using web references, communicates with a webservice to submit and retrieve data. The module needs to be complied, and put in a package for distribution. No source code.Ofcourse, I get the latest version, 4.0, and follow the instructions. And later, I notice that the pdf documentation was for version 3 ofcourse, but hey, I did learn something on how it used to be done! I then find the http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx post explaining about starter kits etc, and how it shoul...

RFC/ANNOUNCE: version 0.4 of my HTML::Application module
Hello, In case any of you are interested, I thought I would let you know that my new 93K Perl module HTML::Application has been released at version 0.4 and is available for use. Here is a quick description: This Perl 5 object class is a framework intended to support complex web applications that are easily portable across servers because common environment-specific details are abstracted away, including the file system type, the web server type, and your project's location in the file system or uri hierarchy. In addition, this class can make it easier for your applica...

Problem with login in reporting module (version 4.0.1)
I have recently installed the reporting module and configured it. When I try to login with the report administrator I get the following error/message: The username and password provided were not recognized. -- sindreh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 6/23/2011 8:06 AM, sindreh wrote: > > I have recently installed the reporting module and configured it. > When I try to login with the report administrator I get the following > error/message: > > The username and password provided were not recognized. Do yo...

DNN2.0.4/2.1.2: Module compatability with both versions
I have just finished my first custom module PA, but wouldn't you know there are problems! I developed this module on DNN 2.1.2. Of course, it works as expected in my development environment. It also works when I upload it to another DNN 2.1.2 installation. However, when I upload it to a DNN 2.0.4 installation, it fails. The module definition is fine, and I can drop the module onto a tab. I can edit the options for the module. But when I select "Add item" action from the action menu, I receive the following error: DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Modul...

Super Fast and Super Easy DotNetNuke Module Development with Version 4.3
  DotNetNuke Module Development with Version 4.3 DotNetNuke has always been a great Framework, now module development has finally gotten easy. It is now possible to come up with an idea and in minutes start creating your vision.   Things have gotten so easy it's scary. You can use Visual Developer Express and create a DotNetNuke module in less than 5 minutes. You can easily leverage the extensive DotNetNuke Framework to build applications much faster than without DotNetNuke.   I feel the DAL+ and the Website Starter Kit are the last pieces that have finally made th...

How to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ?
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ? I have 2 different versions of Visual Studio: VS2005 and VS2008. One is running in .NET framework 2.0.0.0 and the other one is running in framework version 3.5.0.0.  When run the web application that is in framework Version 2.0.0.0 in VS2005, I get the error below.  In the web.config of the project, there is no 'System.Core....' assembly listed in the Assemblies section and all other system assemblies are in framework version 2.0.0.0. Also I checked the Mic...

Problem Developing C# modules in DNN 4.0 -- C# and VB.NET files in App_Code folder
I recently installed DNN 4.0 to get familiar with all the new things involved, especially the new way modules are developed.  I used the source version of DNN 4.0, unzipped it into the proper folder, configured IIS, and had the basic site up and running.  I also had installed the templates to create DNN modules in Visual Studio .NET 2005.  When I tried creating a new C# DNN module, VS.NET created a module folder under App_Code and DesktopModules, as expected.  However, when I tried to build the web site, it complained that in the App_Code folder, there are .cs files and ....

WARNING: DNN 3.2.1 and DNN 4.0.1 still contain previous version of UDT module
Please notice: I have just checked the new release and detected, that it still contains a previous version (3.1.0) of module UserDefinedTable. The UDT project team has never tried to downgrade from 3.2.0 to 3.1.0 (and back again) and I am not sure, if this will happen without data loss. Therfore: if you already downloaded and installed UDT 3.2.0, please remove the UserDefinedTable PA from the install directory before you perform an upgrade. We informed the core team and try to get this corrected ASAP. Sebastian Leupoldgamma concept mbHDeutschNetNuke = DotNetNuke in GermanDNN Proj...

Web resources about - Aggregator 4.0 - New Version - Tab and Localize Modules - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

News aggregator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Aggregation technology helps to consolidate many websites into one page that can show the new or updated information from many sites. Aggregators ...

Social News Aggregator NewsWhip Revamps Website
Social media news aggregation and analysis platform NewsWhip relaunched its website to bring users the most shared stories via Facebook and Twitter ...

Facebook Says It’s Not Testing a Feed Aggregator
... about the existence of an “Outside World” News Feed filter that has a labs-style icon. Could Facebook be testing a FriendFeed-style feed aggregator ...

TSAR, a TimeSeries AggregatoR - Twitter Blogs
Twitter is a global real-time communications platform that processes many billions of events every day. Aggregating these events in real time ...

Aggregators and Content Aggregation : Is there an open source content aggregation platform?
Answer (1 of 2): Check this one and see if it meets your needs: Magpie RSS - PHP RSS Parser

Undrip: discover top news, videos & photos - social media news aggregator reader
Get Undrip: discover top news, videos & photos - social media news aggregator reader on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Under Spain's 'Google fee' law, news aggregators must pay publishers
A new law in Spain passed requires news aggregators such as Google News to pay publishers a fee if they link to their content.

VeriSign acquires news aggregator
Internet services company VeriSign has acquired news aggregator Moreover Technologies for $US30 million in cash to bolster its position as an ...

Facebook buys FriendFeed aggregator
Facebook has acquired FriendFeed, an online aggregator of Twitter feeds and other social media services, social-networking websites and blogs. ...

End of Google Reader opens up RSS aggregator space to Chinese co’s - BEIJING - Globaltimes.cn
Google has declared it will close down its popular RSS feed aggregator Google Reader on July 1, causing an uproar in the world of technocrats. ...