'module created' event'?

Is there an event that fires when a new instance of a module is created?  That is, when a module is added to a tab, I want some code to fire that will add an entry to a database table.  Where would one put this code?

Sorry if this is a dumb questiion.
"It may be roundly asserted that human ingenuity cannot concoct a cipher which human ingenuity cannot resolve."

- Edgar Allan Poe, 1841
0
ballisticnylon

no there is no event, however you could add a trigger to the relevant tables.

Cathal
0
cathal

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

If one creates a table including PortalID, ModuleID and UserID, and for some records, they are 'global', like 'all portals', 'all modules', or 'all users'...
Is there standard in DNN for a default number?  I know that UserID of -1 is nono, because this means (I think) Host user, correct?  And PortalID of 0 is default portal.  What is safe default number to use in those records?  I searched through source code for DNN, all are hardcoded numbers, no 'DEFAULT_ALLPORTALS As Integer = x' or like that.  Does anyone have suggestion on what I use?  Is only alternative for NULL (which make query more difficult)?  I purchased the? book on DotNetNuke, and hope that some of these infos I would find, but it is mild t...

DNN Registration as a 'tab' or 'module'
I am trying to give portal browsers the opportunity to send me their particulars. Registration has almost all the information I need, and I think (hope - been in asp.net for almost 2 weeks now) I can modify it and the db to suit my needs. I am wondering if I can then put this form on a tab. Or perhaps (yikes!) should I attempt to build a new module? [from reading the forums, I am guessing that is a 'private assembly']. My background is in ColdFusion / Apache 2 / MySQL, so this is sure an interesting change! Thanks in advance for any replies!...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

RE: [perl #37292] '-MModule=100' not identical to 'use Module 100 ;' when module doesnt use Exporter
-----Original Message----- From: demerphq [mailto:demerphq@gmail.com] Sent: 27 September 2005 18:15 To: Rafael Garcia-Suarez Cc: Perl Porters 5 Subject: Re: [perl #37292] '-MModule=100' not identical to 'use Module 100;' when module doesnt use Exporter On 9/27/05, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@gmail.com> wrote: > On 9/27/05, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote: > > If you define "bug" as "the code doing what it shouldnt do" then fine, > > no bug. If you define "bug" as being "undesirable behav...

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

Can't see the 'Move Up', 'Move Down', Move to Top' etc. Module Menu items.
Hey all: I've just started finally putting my first website together. But I've noticed something strange. When I'm on the Admin or Host menu, the module menus show the 'move up' move down', move top', etc menu items. However, *none* of my other tabs with multiple modules in a pane show any way of moving the module up or down. It's very disconcerting, because once I place a module, I have no way of moving it up or down, like I normally could. I *can* move it from pane to pane, if the skin for that tab is a multi-pane skin. But I can't move a module up or down. Also, I added an Eve...

Where to change the container of the 'login', 'term of use' module etc
Hi,I would like to know where can change the container of those build in module?ie login, term of use, privacy statement, etc.Thanks/Davis. Hello, If you log in as Admin or Host: 1) Go to Admin menu / Site Settings 2) Under Appearance you have the option to set the Portal Container and Admin Container 3) Admin Container affects the Terms of Use & Privacy, as well as all of the admin containers 4) Portal Container affects the Login and all of the default containers for the modules / pages on your site 5) Click on Update 6) Navigate to a new page to see the changes If you w...

Web resources about - 'module created' event'? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules