Why I can't login in 'host' or 'admin' account when i upgrade to 3.1.1 from 3.1.0

Hi,
I unzip DNN3.1.1 package and conver to my DNN original directory (ver 3.1.0) and install successfully.
But when i login in 'host' or 'admin' account, it display 'Login Failed' ,so i tried to clean cookies in IE and also delete my portal aliases in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\. But it still can't login by any account.
Anyone have an idea what's wrong?
0
leolin

I can't swear to this, but it seems I've had problems in the past with account resets in this situation. Have you tried logging in as Host with the default password "host"?
0
daustinlucas
9/11/2005 7:25:04 PM
Check the Encrytption keys to make sure they are the same as they were
before the updated, if they are not DNN cannot decrypt the orginal
users passwords and therefore none of the existing user will be able to
login.

S. Shawn Mehaffie
PC Resources, LLC
0
smehaffie
9/12/2005 3:36:14 AM
Hi There,

I had the same issue and my post was answered on how to get everything working again after upgrading.

Check out http://forums.asp.net/1048435/ShowPost.aspx

I hope you backed up your web.config file.

Regards

Brad

0
bradleymartens

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Getting 'Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.' when attempting to load NET 1.1 app in IIS
 Hi all,I am getting this message that is pointing to the web.config at INETPUB\WWWROOT\. I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 installed and was able to run .NET 1.1 apps fine through my local IIS up until 3 weeks ago. I am not sure what has changed, so cant really pinpoint where the problem may have originated.I have run aspnet_regiss -r to updated the scriptmaps for .1.1 but I still get the problem?I also have the ASP.NET tab of the applications virtual directory pointing at NET 1.1. and all the ASP.NET tab of the 'default website' set to .NET 1.1.Also, my .NET 2.0 apps work fine...

I can't seem to get a skin to work in 3.0.13 that worked fine in 2.1.2. I know I'm doing *something* wrong, but after two weeks of trying, I'm stumped...
Yiikes.  Back again.  I am having the strangest things happen with my skins now.  Images specified in a css file no longer show up.  When I enter a specific path into my ascx file (assuming the skin folder as the root directory), and upload the skin, to me, it appears to not be parsing at all.  When I 'Apply' the skin, any of my skins, I get nothing.  If I add the above image file to the ascx file, upload, parse and apply, I get an 'x' bad image, and when I click properties, the location of the image file is stating it is in the dotnetnuke/ rooot folder....

1. Pages Don't 'Wrap' 2. Maintain Size Change 3. 'Session Restore'
Name: StarWatcher Email: starwatcheratdishmaildotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 1. Pages Don't 'Wrap' 2. Maintain Size Change 3. 'Session Restore' Comments: I enjoy Firefox much more than IE; I wouldn't use IE at all if one of the school programs didn't require it. I had been using an old 2. version of Firefox. When I finally upgraded to 3.0.0.5, I find that some of the best features have been changed. I feel that those features should continue in the newer versions. 1. I like to keep my browser window narrower than my screen for more comfo...

10.1.1 won't baseline so I can't upgrade to 10.1.2
I have assigned 10.1.1 to all of the devices in the zone and ignored the remaining devices in the pending column, but 10.1.1 says "In Process" and will not Baseline. Can anyone help or has anyone experienced this? I can't upgrade to 10.1.2 until this happens. Thanks, Adam -- avedra ------------------------------------------------------------------------ avedra;1704604 Wrote: > I have assigned 10.1.1 to all of the devices in the zone and ignored the > remaining devices in the pending column, but 10.1.1 says "In Process" > and will ...

(newbie) Installation completed... but can't login with 'host' or 'admin'
Can't do the first step after completing installation: login with default host or admin accounts. What and where should I modify? I did the installation by the book (by the video tutorial, to be precise ;) and got stuck here, since whatever I try, I cannot access the host or admin account. Thanks in advance. If you can't login with host/host or admin/admin, it appears that your installation failed!I would start the process over by doing the following:1.   Delete the instance of DNN created in SQL server.2.   Delete the existing DNN files in the folder yo...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

I'm using firefox 3.1 beta and Microsoft .NET Framwork Assistant 1.0 isn't compatible with it.
Name: Michael Ternullo Email: ternullomichaelatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I'm using firefox 3.1 beta and Microsoft .NET Framwork Assistant 1.0 isn't compatible with it. Comments: adobe flash player isn't compatable with mozilla 3.1 beta Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Can't 'see' get My mial that WAS on system B4 Upgrading to ver 1.0.6 SeaMonkey is my eMail server Even??!!
Please Help!! I have been using SeaMonkey now for about a year... tired of IE and wanted something better... Anyway, like others who decided to download this 'new' version I downloaded and installed it thinking it would not 'trash' anything email wise as I use SeaMonkey for my email client, not ANYONE else's app... SeaMonkey's!!!! Well low and behold, I open up my mail folder after the install of this new version and EVERYTHING is gone!!!! I tried using the import utility.... but do you think they have one for their own product???!!! I had hopes they had somet...

I get Server Error in '/' Application. when trying to upgrade to 3.1.1
The permissions did get screwed up but I went back and added aspnet with full control and I still get the above error.  Anybody got a clue? What's the remainder of the error message? In web.config you can set CustomErrors="Off", in IE Tools|Internet Options|Advanced check Show Friendly Error messages, or right click on the page and view source to see if you can find additional information to help diagnose your problem.Dwayne J. Baldwin Access to the path "E:\Inetpub\Websites\pinnaclecomputerservice.biz\Install\Install.htm" is denied. Description: An unhandled exceptio...

Administrating skins in 3.1.1 ... Admin login, can't upload skins, but I can if I log in as host
I have installed DNN 3.1.1If I login as Admin, I CAN'T upload new skins, if I log in as Host, I can upload skins.... What's the deal?Thanks,dp There is a default 'host setting' you need to change to enable skin uploads at portal (admin) level. Explore.. Thanks Steven,I still can't find where in the Admin menu I can change the skin upload setting. The built in help is pretty much useless. There is no mention of where to find this setting.If you know, could you please just post it.thanks,David okay, got it: login as HOST Go  HOST SETTINGS scroll down to ADVANCED SETTING...

What is the difference between: 'my $var = 1' vs. 'my ( $var ) = 1'?
--0016e6d9a0572cce9a0484af2d41 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 At the introductory level it seems like I have often seen code like this: use strict; my $var = 1; And as I review other peoples' scripts I have often encountered code like this: use strict; my ( $this, $that, $the_other ); Which I interpreted as a mechanism to declare a number of scalar variables with a minimum of typing. But lately I've been seeing this syntax and I was wondering if it was fundamentally different (and somehow more desirable): use strict; my ( $var ) = 1; As if $v...

Argument '1': cannot convert from 'object' to 'int'
 I am calling a function from a label control in my gridview.. <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# ShowCategoriesForPID(Eval("pol_id")) %>'/> But i get following error when i compile -error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'object' to 'int'  pol_id is an integer value and my function receives it as an integer argument.  I dont know whats wrong? The "Eval" function returns an object. To need to cast it's result: <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="s...

Web resources about - Why I can't login in 'host' or 'admin' account when i upgrade to 3.1.1 from 3.1.0 - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started