Upgrading failing from DNN 2.1.2 > 3.1.0 without an any errors

All,

I've finally managed to test and test and test some more to what I thought get to a place where I can finally upgrade our production system to DNN 3.  Problem is, I came across an issue that I never saw on other servers and I can't figure out why it did what it did.  The biggest difference that I can tell is the SQL box is Win2k3 on a clustered environment.

Anyway the issue is this: once the user transfers are done, it goes into the spot to run the general upgrades as labeled in upgrade.vb.  The method UpgradeApplication() never runs (about line 1363).  Problem is I can't actually tell what did or what didn't run.  On the browser, it does not scroll though the lines writen out (what setting would allow this?).  So, after about 45 minutes of runing the upgrade, it goes to a 404 screen and the upgrade itself is a failure.  I'd like to isolate what the issue is but I don't even know where to begin.  Anyone might have an idea?

0
razorphreak

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Upgrade Errors DNN 1.0.10 >> 2.1.2 Please Help!
I'm trying to upgrade our company intranet from 1.0.10 to 2.1.2. As a test, I've attempted to create a new intranet site before messing with the live one. However I've run into a few errors. These are the steps I've taken: 1. Backed up SQL server database 2. Created new db called db1 3. Restored backup to db1 4. Backed up all files for current dotnetnuke install 5. Created new folder (dotnetnuke1) and placed all old files in there. 6. Created new Virtual Directory in IIS 5.0 (Win2k) called dotnetnuke1 7. Unzipped 2.1.2 files and copied into dotnetnuke1 8. Added cor...

Fotovision error after upgrade from 3.1.1 >> 3.2.0
I have the following errormessege after upgrade:Method not found: Void DotNetNuke.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.set_NavigateUrl(System.String).Any suggestionBuitel no one use fotovision? " src="/emoticons/emotion-9.gif"> Havent put the module on 3.2 yet but might have some info after the weekend on that if its an issueDylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com ...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error
Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message. Please help. Server Error in '/psg' Application. A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.Source Error: An unhandled e...

Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error
I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws; Edit Text/HTML    Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at Sys...

Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2
I am trying to upgrade from dnn version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. Following the exact instructions included in the 3.2.2 package I recieve the following error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ?Source Error: Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> Line 257: &...

DNN upgrade error from 2.0.4 to 2.1.1
Whenever I follow the upgrade instructions (Make a backup of your old files / database, Copy the new files over the old files, Change the web.config to set your database, Browse to the site) , it takes me straight to the default DNN page, without any indications as to the data that already exists. It works properly when I copy DNN 2.0.4 back over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As the previous post below, There are some issues with the upgrade path and the core team has indeed identified them. Please if you can live with 2.0.4 stay there till the patch release 2.1.2 in a few days. ...

An error has occurred. Upgrade from 2.1.2 to 3.1.0
I am receiving the following error when I try to edit any content. 11/14/2005 3:32:25 PM   Module Load Exception      ModuleId: -1; ModuleDefId: -1; FriendlyName: ... ModuleId: -1ModuleDefId: -1FriendlyName: ModuleControlSource: AssemblyVersion: 03.01.00Method: DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.SetPanelsFileName: FileLineNumber: 0FileColumnNumber: 0PortalID: 0PortalName: OACESUserID: #UserName: ############ActiveTabID: 1ActiveTabName: HomeAbsoluteURL: /oaces/Default.aspxAbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.aocweb.org/oaces/Default.aspx?tab...

Error Upgrading 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
  I'm getting the following error when I browse to the side after uploading the upgrade files.  Any help would be appreciated! Notes:  Upgrade instructions followed exactly.            <trust level="Medium" originUrl="http://[mydomain].*" /> is set in web.config Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly fredck.fcked...

Error in Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
Upgrading a 3.1.1 version to 3.2.2 logged this error in the script for 3.2.1 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX terminated because a duplicate key was found for index ID 4. Most significant primary key is '3785'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQ...

Error SolpartMenu 1.3.0.6 and DNN 2.1.2
Excuse me, I am a Italian user of the DNN. I was trying to load the SolPartMenu PA 1.3.0.6 and it keeps failing. I tried adding it to DNN 2.1.2 but it fails to build. I am getting an error loading the module in the portal: "A critical error has occurred. Impossible to execute the hit for the user '(null)'. Reason: the customer is not associated to one connection SQL Server trusted." Why? Help Me Thanks that is not because of SolPart, but sthg in your SQL connection and DB configuration. Check them to use the correct authentication in coordination.Do you know the truth when you...

Web resources about - Upgrading failing from DNN 2.1.2 > 3.1.0 without an any errors - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube