Unhadled Error: "An Error has Occurred"

Hi,
After recompiling my DNN 3.2.0 (All clean). I FTPed the resulting set of DLLs up to my webserver overwriting the originals.

I now get :
Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0
with the term :
An error has occurred
An error has occurred

Total panic as this is a live site!!!
Can anyone help???
0
CTOSian

when i log in, i get the "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server" error.
My website online but when i enter log in details I get the following page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more in...

Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn
Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn.  I have been working one this site for a few days now and everything has been working fine.  I had the website on my \\localhost\wwms but then I changed my default websites home directory so the local path would poing to the same place as \\localhost\wwms did.  Now I get this message, and the browser bar says http://wwmslr/WWMS/Default.aspx?error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0 How do I fix this? Thanks Are both websites using the same port?Muhammad FahadPakis...

Error "An operations error occurred"
Dear All, Appreciate if anyone of you can guilde me on this. We encounted the problem “An operations error occurred” when we are submitting the “CreateDistributionList” procedure in “Hosted Exchange” namespace. This procedure used to be working before, but now it is having problem. Perhaps, something that has triggered the problem. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chun Chai Can you provide more information? I do not know off hand what might cause that but if you post some more info, and I would suggest tracing the request using traceview in the MPS resource...

When we start the database, we get 2140 "An External Winnt Error has occurred "
i have 6.0.2 #2371 and just have an ebf . 1. Make sure the directory is accessible - Is it by chance write protected? (Did your network administrator change something and not tell you?) 2. Check the event log - there may be more info there. 3. NT Service pack 4? If so you need to install the SP4 hotfix: ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt- public/fixes/usa/nt40/hotfixes-postSP4/Rnr-fix/ 4. Instead of start the service try starting the database engine (DBSRV60) manually from the DOS prompt. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX Sybase Developers Network http://...

.NET 2.0, Password Reminder gets me "An unhandled error has occurred."
I did a clean install and now when I click on "Password Reminder" I get a blank page with "An unhandled error has occurred." at the top. the url is http://xp64/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Value+cannot+be+null.%0d%0aParameter+name%3a+basepath I'm running XP64 with .NET 2.0.50215 I removed all the module PA's from the Install folder before I installed DNN 3.1Anybody got ideas on what could be causing this. It seems like everything else in DNN is working fine other than that. You need to run DNN under .Net 1.1 which you can do (once installed/registered) by going to the Poperties page of ...

Frustrating error: "DotNetNuke Upgrade Error"
I've been struggling for hours trying to get DNN 4.0.2 (DotNetNuke_4.0.2_Install.zip) installed on a new PC. First, DotNetNuke_template.MDF was missing from the installer; then SiteUrls.config was missing from the installer. Fortunately, other users posted about this and had the issue addressed. Now I'm getting the following error within a few seconds of browsing to the install URL (http://localhost/DotNetNuke): DotNetNuke Upgrade ErrorThe Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. An error has ...

Help me error "An operations error occurred" !
 Hi! I am trying write function to check User in Active Directory This my code : try { DirectoryEntry de = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://myDomain"); DirectorySearcher deSearch = new DirectorySearcher(); deSearch.SearchRoot = de; deSearch.Filter = "(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=" + userName + "))"; deSearch.SearchScope = SearchScope.Subtree; SearchResult results = deSearch.FindOne(); //-->Error here if (results != null) ...

"Error Group: WINSOCK" "Error Code:11004"
Hi Just setup iPrint on the server and tried to install the printer to the laptop and got the following message: Error code:11004 Error message: Winsock 11004 - The DNS name has been found in the database, but its associated data is not correct. Error group: WINSOCK Error code:11004 Anyone know what associated data it is referring to? Thanks in advance -- iangh2 A quick Google found this on http://www.sockets.com/err_lst1.htm WSANO_DATA (11004) Valid name, no data record of requested type Berkeley description: The requested name is valid, but does not hav...

Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "
Hi I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please revie...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Services don't start automatically ("Database cannot be started -- I/O error" or "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory")
My situation is: ..server: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 ..database server : Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.2.4372. Windows starts automatically 32 services ASA, one database in each service If I start each service in manual everything is ok. When I restart the server, four service (always four!!!) don't start correctly with two kind of error: "Database cannot be started -- I/O error" "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory" The services that don't start are not the same. I tried many times and everytime the problem is on...

Login Error message "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1
 Hi all, I was wondering if any body know anything about this problem I'm getting with the login program?Thanks in advance.  A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level...

AllI get is this ! "An error has occurred"
.. http://hetland.the-server.dk/ There is loads of pages I can't reach anything through http:// but I can of course get to the content through ftp:// and SQL server. The question is this.. how do I DEBUG this ? anybody.. have a clue ? Check your DB. In particular your Portals Table. Your first "Portal" should have a PortalID of '0'.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us Was able to access your site, looks like you've fixed the problem...

Crystal Report Viewer Error: "CRAXDRT Error Occured on Server. 507 : An Exception Occured"
We have recently setup Window Server 2003 SP2 (IIS V6.0) with Crystal Report 8.5 installed. All things working well for report viewer in internet browser, but only the problem is when user trying to export report to a file (CR/word/rich text/etc format) will hit the error:CRAXDRT Error Occurred on Server. 507 : An exception occurredOnly option is click "OK" to continue... Well, so we just click "OK" and try again... Note that, for second tried onward will hit another error:CRAXDRT Error Occurred on Server. 70 : Permission deniedIt was annoying us as export ...

Web resources about - Unhadled Error: "An Error has Occurred" - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started