Single or multiple installs

If I am setting up DNN for several companies, should I do a separate installation of DNN/database for each company or just set up multiple parent sites in DNN against a single database?

Can anyone fill me in on the pros and cons

Thanks,

Craig.

- Craig McGuff
0
craigmcg

For me, it depends on the needs of the company:

* if the company is small

* if they only need a small site (ie a few pages)

* i they don't need too many custom modules

* if they don't want to pay for a full hosting package

* if they don't need multiple portals themselves

then i put them on a parent portal

If any of those criteria are not met, i set them up with their own dnn installation.

Cheers,

Erik

Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
0
ErikVB

FINAL SOLUTION: Multiple DotNetNuke 3.1.1 installations into the single database
Guys,Below is the results of my daily work to allow multiple DNN 3.1.1 installations into the single database.In the folder "\Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider" of the installation package change the following files:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider========================Find and replace "FK_EventLogConfig_EventLogTypes" to "FK_{objectQualifier}EventLogConfig_EventLogTypes"DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider==========================Find and replace "PK_EventLogMaster" to "PK_{objectQualifier}EventLogMaster"Find and replace "PK_EventLogConfig" to "PK_{objectQualifier}EventLogConfig"Find a...

Installing multiple DNNs on single SQL Server DB causes install error
Just ran into this one: when installing a second DNN pointing to an existing SQL db already holding another DNN installation I get the following error during install:00:00:18.736 - Executing Additional Scripts:00:00:18.746 -   Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal00:00:19.758 -   Error: INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_DMXTest_TabPermission_DMXTest_Permission'. The conflict occurred in database 'DMXP', table 'DMXTest_Permission', column 'PermissionID'. The statement has been terminated.00:00:19.758 -  &n...

Getting Started with DotNetNuke
I have successfully installed the software, created and connected to the database. When I go to the Default.aspx page it takes me to the "Welcome to DotNetNuke..." page. It says: "Select the Host tab to manage multiple portals as the Host.", but there is no Host tab. Where do I go from here? Also, is there a development environment in DotNetNuke? If so, how do I get to it? Thanks. *bump* Same problem here.  Installed, welcome page, and instructions to change admin password.  No admin tabs, Host tabs or otherwise visible. Zone Alarm is turned off (but installed), clear...

Multiple DotNetNuke Installations
How do you access two separate installations of DotNetNuke in Visual Studio .NET? I was able to install two copies of version 3 in two separate directories using two different databases and virtual directories. This seems to work as far as access via Internet Explorer. However, Visual Studio seems to be confused. What do I need to change in addition to the connection string in the web.config file? Will this require renaming the solution, project files? It seems like that would be required so that VS will think it is dealing with two different solution/projects – correct?Thanks,George  ...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

How to start the downloading of .NET if not installed ?
Hello, I want to insert one of my .NET control into my Web page by using the <object ... tag. The problem is that if the .NET is not installed on the client computer, my web page will not function. What can i do to redirect the user to load and install .NET in AN AUTOMATIC WAY ? i.e. When you have the flash player 6 and you visit a web site that uses player 7, the browser loads the new release if you agree it. This procedure is transparent to the user, it is automatic. I want to do the same thing with .NET. Is it possible ? Hello, haven't heard of such thing in asp.net. Wha...

Getting started with JScript.NET

Multiple .Net Framework Installations
I'm running a Windows 2000 Adv. Server and IIS5 with FrontPage extensions. For various reasons I needed to install the .Net Framework version 1.1 and then for other reasons I needed to install the latest beta version of the .Net Framework. Now each of my virtual servers contains two new folders. One folder is named "aspnet_client" and the other is named "asp_webadmin'. The "aspnet_client" folder has a couple of sub-directories refering to each of the installed versions of the .Net framework and the "asp_webadmin" folder has a sub-directory refering only t...

Multiple databases with single install
Hi, Can anyone help, I am trying to run two databases with one install of bugzilla. I have tried the PROJECT environment variable and have setup two localconfig (localconfig.db1 etc). Within httpd.conf i am trying to use the LOCATION directive to use the two installs. Following advice foound elsewhere I am linking the db1 within /var/www to /usr/share/bugzilla/index.cgi. However, instead of processing the .cgi file it shows the contents (text) of it within the browser. I have the following set: AddHandler cgi-script .cgi Options +Indexes +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks Any he...

Getting started .net website

Web resources about - Single or multiple installs - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Man charged with murder of 21yo found on road in Tewantin with multiple stab wounds
Police charge a man with the murder of a 21-year-old man found lying on a road with multiple stab wounds to his chest.

Multiple shots fired at Atlanta mall - abc13.com
Multiple shots were fired Saturday evening in a suburban Atlanta mall, prompting a frantic rush by shoppers to evacuate.

Nigeria: Over 70 Feared Killed in Borno, Adamawa Multiple Blasts
More than 70 people were feared killed in multiple bomb attacks believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants and their agents in ...

Facebook is testing multiple topic-based News Feeds for mobile devices
... the information you want to see at the appropriate times. According to the screenshots taken by Jason Stein, Facebook looks to be testing multiple, ...

Munich Police: Islamic State Planned New Year’s Eve Attack with Multiple Suicide Bombers
Munich police warned of a “serious, imminent threat” by Islamic State group suicide bombers wanting to commit an attack on New Year’s Eve.

An insanely high percentage of people — about 42% — are seeing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" multiple ...
With the enormous box office sales "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is generating, it's a good bet that many people are going back numerous times ...

Miami teen shot multiple times at grandma's home
The victim reportedly remains in the hospital as police continue to search for the suspect

Gov. Jerry Brown pardoned Robert Downey Jr. for his multiple crimes in the ’90s
I’m old enough to remember when Robert Downey Jr. was an utter mess. Back in the ‘90s, I lost count of how many times he was arrested, how many ...

Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported
CNN Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported CNN Kano, Nigeria (CNN) An industrial gas tank exploded in southern ...