Roles, roles, roles

Hey

is it posible o have a role for a user to only update the content? I don't want that user to change skins or to make other admin changes...
0
dot_net_boy

up Confused [8-)]
0
dot_net_boy
3/29/2005 6:39:56 AM

I think if you allow a role to edit contents on a module level he wont be able to change anything else. Did you try that?

cheers,

erik

Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
0
ErikVB
3/29/2005 10:32:13 AM
if you allow a role to edit contents in a module lets say discussions module, then that role will be able to edit, delete the threads. so for a role to be able to add new thread only, do we need to write our own code?
-keeara g
------------------
0
keeara
3/30/2005 1:35:32 AM

keeara,

see this post: http://forums.asp.net/822244/ShowPost.aspx

cheers,

erik

Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
0
ErikVB
3/30/2005 5:36:46 AM

thanx erik for the link. but dnn i got is 3.0.12 which is the latest one where the changes are not made yet.

looking forword to new version with the changes. Geeked [8-|]

-keeara g
0
keeara