Module won't die! Page won't die!

Hi,

I've got a module on my page...it's all blanked out...(remnant of the site before it deleted my desktop modules directory and I had to reinstall the modules) that is returning an error. So I tried to delete this module but it won't delete. So I then deleted the page and that worked...except I can't delete the page out of the recycle bin. Any help?
DotNetNuke Bronze Benefactor
0
lilryno

Quick Tip, Go straight to the database. Note the tab name, module name and any extra information related to the modules content.

1. If content is stored in table (e.g. HtmlText) go to the modules Table search for deleted modules (IsDeleted or Deleted columns), locate the module/s you wish to permenently remove and note their IDs. Go to the Content table (e.g. HtmlText), search for these module IDs, and remove any entries related to the module IDs.
2. Go to the module Table, note the Tab IDs the module/s are on, and remove the module/s noted in step 1.
3. Go to the Tabs Table and remove the tabs noted in step 2.

To pyhsically remove DNN Tabs and their contents, this is the order you should do it in so as to avoid the whole relationship constraints between the tables.
Note also, This technique should also work for undeleted tabs, Modules, and content But just watch out for the taborder with tabs, module order with modules and (if applicable) content order (e.g. announcements, MultiPageHTML) as simply deleting may cause a major issue. If in doubt don't touch the database.
As always, BACK UP YOUR DNN SITE AND DATABASE BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS PROCEDURE AS COULD CAN VERY EASILY MESS STUFF UP IN THE DATABASE.
Hope this puts you on the right path,
Stewart Walker

Byte Information Technology

0
walkerstewart
9/4/2004 2:03:55 PM
Thanks for the great response!  I'll try that...
DotNetNuke Bronze Benefactor
0
lilryno

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Firefox won't load, won't open web pages
I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's happening: Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages. Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft. _Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM: > I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's > happening: Fire...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

KDE 4.1. Desktop won't start pannels won't be seen
Hello. I had problems of loading plasma before in KDE 4.0. Desktop wouldn't appear nor after 10 mins, I had to wait for up to 15mins to see desktop and pannels. So I was stuck with gray screen. I could lunch programs like alt + F2 (thanx for that shurtcut!!) I was desperate and I decided to install KDE 4.1. in hope that this will fix my problem. I've installed the KDE 4.1 from factory repository: /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.0/ Note: when refreshing repositories after I've added this new repo, I got message that there are some dependencies...

Please help! My mozilla won't attempt to get email, but won't say why
Since 9/4, my Mozilla has apparently stopped attempting to receive email from a POP3 server. So far as I know, my server settings are OK with my ISP, and I can use Outlook Express successfully, so its not a problem with my ISP. Is there a log somewhere, or some other diagnostic? Thanks, Ben P On 10/09/2003 14:42, Ben Pracht wrote: > Since 9/4, my Mozilla has apparently stopped attempting to receive email > from a POP3 server. So far as I know, my server settings are OK with my > ISP, and I can use Outlook Express successfully, so its not a problem with > my ...

1. pages sometimes won't load 2. flash video players won't work
Name: Emmanuel Amodeo Email: emmanueldotamodeoatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 1. pages sometimes won't load 2. flash video players won't work Comments: Hi, pages often won't finish loading. I have had this recurring problem with FF 3.5 ever since the official release of the program. A page will show that it is loading, and will not show anything onscreen until I chose to reload the page (select the adress in the adress bar and just press enter for reload). Once I tell the program to reload, it will show the page pretty much instantly. If I chose to let ...

Firefox crashes on start
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've looked up and down google to try and find the answer to no avail. Suddenly, today, firefox stopped working. I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did the following: upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer optimization I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working fine before that. The first crash report I got referenced moveplayer@movenetworks.com. Since then, they've been different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing w...

Won't run, won't quit...
Firefox won't open a page, it also won't completely quite. Task manager says that it's still running, and cannot close it. I left for about four weeks, and when I come back; this! I cannot end whatever part of firefox.exe is still running. IE works fine, but firefox will not find any page whatsoever. HELP? Yep. Even tried installing the latest version. Wouldn't work; it said the firefoxe.exe was still running, and I still could not close it. Matter of fact, it's "running" right now. I'm at a total loss here. There is no "uninstall"...

won't close, then won't re-open
Name: Murray Product: Firefox Summary: won't close, then won't re-open Comments: For several weeks MF wouldn't completely close and was constantly running in the background, but then wouldn't reopen. I went online looking for a solution, but you don't have one. So. Bye bye. I'm done with you. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but ...

Bookmarks won't save, history won't record.
Name: Peter Styles Email: dagrimdialer619athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks won't save, history won't record. Comments: I'm on Windows Vista SP1, and using a custom built computer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Extension Uninstaller won't work and won't uninstall itself
I have a complicated profile that I don't want to have to recreate. I'm using SM 1.0.5, and I want to uninstall all of the extensions that I've installed that don't come from Mozilla. These are my current extensions: Chatzilla 0.9.67+ Extension Manager 2.0 Extension Uninstaller API 2.0 FlashGot 0.5.9.995 NoScript 1.1.4.1 reporter.mozilla.org Roaming I want to uninstall Flashgot, Noscript, the Extension Manager and the Extension Uninstaller API; however, the Extension Manager doesn't work; it won't uninstall either Flashgot nor Noscript, and I don&...

Web resources about - Module won't die! Page won't die! - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started