Installing DNN in Win XP

Hi,

I just want to learn DNN. Can I install it under Win XP SP2 and SQL 2005? Is IIS6 a must? I have IIS5.1 only.

Regards,

Pavanaja

0
pavanaja

Yes you can install it under your current configuration. Make sure you download and read the documentation first.

Do you know the truth when you hear it?
0
hooligannes97
12/29/2005 7:44:53 PM
I Think You should be just fine. The worst is you can uninstall DNN or upgrade you IIS.
0
rspls77
12/29/2005 8:10:06 PM
I installed it on two kinds of machines this week:
Win XP Professional SP2 / IIS 5.1
Windows 2000 Server / IIS 5.0
0
jeffkw

win xp keeps trying to install pcforrest start manager
Can anybody clue me in as to how to stop this? For weeks, whenever I open certain applications, win xp tries to 'install' pcforrest Start manager. When I tried to uninstall start manager, the uninstall button was greyed out on the entry for it in add/remove programs. When I tried to download startman, to install/uninstall it, the web site I found said the developer has disappeared from the internet radar screen, and that people have been reporting problems with it. I can't find specifics about the problems, but figure it's a clue that startman is at fault rather t...

What to do? getting installation failed for GW 5.5 Win XP
I was trying to install GroupWise 5.5 On windows XP when I got a massage that I need to download WMS from your suport web & it took me to TID # 2955744 file name WINNTWMS.EXE. I downloded the file then extracted it but when I try to install GroupWise it shows installation failed. Please Help !!! Thank you for your time Vartkes Panossian And you did actually run the winntwms update before trying to install GW ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Help needed: Can Not get 7.1 to work after new Win XP install!!
Hi, had to reinstall XP due to motherboard failure. Had NS 7.1 working perfectly before crash, did not have Mozilla (1.x) installed. I re-installed XP into the same xp dir, it created new user dirs. and app data directory for administrator (me). Was not (smart enough) to save the old 'app data' mozilla/7.1 profile/dirs before re-installing 7.1 on top of original pre-crash dir (not in XP partition), so it overwrote my hard work in organizing bookmarks!. Now it appears that 7.1 installs, but it does not execute (no portion - profile, nav, mail,...). I then moved/ren...

update 2.0.0.5 was installed on Win XP. Keep getting new reminders to update same thing.
Name: Alan Thomas Email: alan_987654321atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: update 2.0.0.5 was installed on Win XP. Keep getting new reminders to update same thing. Comments: Does this mean the first update did not install properly? should i keep re-updating? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

update 2.0.0.5 was installed on Win XP and restarted. Keep getting new reminders to update same thing.
Name: Alan Thomas Email: alan_987654321atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: update 2.0.0.5 was installed on Win XP and restarted. Keep getting new reminders to update same thing. Comments: Does this mean the first update did not install properly? should i keep re-updating? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

getting started on DNN
Hi! Planning on using DNN to develop an intranet with subportals. I need some ideas as to how to get started: DO I need expertise in ASP and VB to develop this intranet site? Is there a manual that I can use to get started? What are the hardware requirements? Thanks There's an excelent book written by core team members: Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals Another one from Daniel Egan: Building Websites with VB.NET and DotNetNuke 3.0 And here my site with a couple of resources for module developers: dnnJungleThe official documentation is also a must read for everyone starting w...

Getting Started with DotNetNuke
I have successfully installed the software, created and connected to the database. When I go to the Default.aspx page it takes me to the "Welcome to DotNetNuke..." page. It says: "Select the Host tab to manage multiple portals as the Host.", but there is no Host tab. Where do I go from here? Also, is there a development environment in DotNetNuke? If so, how do I get to it? Thanks. *bump* Same problem here.  Installed, welcome page, and instructions to change admin password.  No admin tabs, Host tabs or otherwise visible. Zone Alarm is turned off (but installed), clear...

Getting Start With .net

Installation on Win Xp
I am a complete novice here. I need to install ASP.net on a win xp, home edition, service pack 2 system. Do i need any additional downloads apart from the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition? Any help is appreciated. :) That's all you need.  XP Home won't run IIS, but you can use the internal server in VWD just fine. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

how to get start with .NET

Getting an when trying to install DNN
I am getting the following error: Parser Error Message: File or assembly name DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewrite, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewrite' could not be loaded. Does any one know how to resolve this?  Thanks I also am having an issue with this on 3.2.2. I have doublechecked the permissions - they seem to be in order. Any help would be appreciated.Charles Kelsoe...

Getting started with DNN Develpment?
I'm new to DNN.  I'd like to tie into DNN 3.0 for authentication and role based security from a Vb.Net windows forms application. I'm not sure how I go about doing this. In short, I would like to prompt the user for their credentials (in the Windows Forms app).  I then, would like to authenticate said credentials via the DNN 3.0 registered user base, and then verify membership in a particular role.  Based on the results, I can make logic decisions in my desktop application. Any pointers and help to get me started would be great! Thanks! Wayne P. ...

Getting started .net website

Web resources about - Installing DNN in Win XP - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights – 13,000 of them – to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper