Install DotNetNuke 3.1.1 on Share Hosting Error

I had installed DotNetNuke on share hosting server win 2003 successful. But when I have access my portal, I found problem http://www.mydomain.com/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0

 An unhandled error has occurred.

I have set permission for Network service full control

When I'm open Eventlog table, I found the error :

I try install on local server. It work OK

Please help me!

Project Manager
http://www.ttnkvn.com
http://www.pjsvn.com
0
VietNamDotNet

When you installed on the remote host, did you copy up your files from your local host, or did you attempt to make a default DNN install on the remote host.

The preferred and easier way is to make a fresh default DNN install on the remote host from a freshly unzipped set of install files.  After getting everything working on the remote host with a default DNN install, then work on getting any content migrated over.  Migration is very easy using the portal export tool.  Here are portions of post response from a few minutes ago:

When going from a local host to a remote host, the first goal is to get a basic default DNN install running on the remote host, and then work on getting your stuff migrated over.

Since you have already initiated an install which failed, you need to clear out the files in your web folder (htdocs) and delete or clear out the database.  If you cannot delete the database and create a new one, report back and I'll find the list of what you will have to remove manually to get the old stuff (tables, stored procedures, views, roles, etc.) cleared out.  Load up a fresh set of brand new, unused, standard 3.1.1 install files, and try again.  Remember to rename release.config to web.config and adjust your connection string for your new database (or your old database).

When you get your new remote hosted DNN portal working, then it is time to migrate the portal on your local host.  Log onto the localhost and find and use the export portal feature.  When you do this, the process should note the names and locations of two new files which you can then place on the remote host space via ftp.  Then log in as host on your remote portal, go to the Wizard and import your  portal template from the list.

This works!  This is exactly how I constructed and then moved my own site.  If you have any custom containers on your portal, you may need to reassign them in the new portal.

0
Girly_Coder

DotNetNuke 3.1.1 Installation
Does anyone know where the web.config folder is located in the dnn installation please? I was instructed to start over by my web host, but now I don't see any files or folders called web/web.configP.S. I unzipped the dnn server software with OUT the source code files.Thanks.Tamer There is a "release.config" file in the DNN root folder, rename it to web.config, and change the database setting in the file will do the job....

Problem with Installing DotNetNuke 3.1.1
Hi i'm a first timer with DNN. I have downloaded the latest version od dnn and i'm unable to find web.config file so i downloaded the previous version (3.0) and used it's web.confid file and try to run it and i'm getting this object ref not set err pls help . Installing DotNetNuke -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during th...

Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1".
Name: Jonathan Sprague Email: sprag80atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1". Comments: I have Windows 7. Personas 1.3.1.does not add-on to my system. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback bu...

3.1.1 Install
Anyone get this error? Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Stream is not a valid resource file. Source Error: Line 1: ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ? Line 2: locales Line 3: inactive Source File: /dotnetnuke/App_GlobalResources/Locales...

Infinite redirect loop after upgrade from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1
After upgrading from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1, I cannot access any of the DNN sites. Each access never completes. I checked all my aliases. They seem fine. I access my site via http://localhost/site or http://machinename/site and it fails. Of course, it all works under 3.1.1 (and prior versions). Anyone else experience this problem? Know of a fix? ...

UserApp 3.6.1 gets 504 errors with NAM 3.1.1 IR2
I'm front-ending IDM UserApp 3.6.1 (patch C) with NAM 3.1.1 IR2 It mostly works. Until I go into the admin section and go to Portlet admin I click the little "plus" sign to expand the portlets. Then I find the portlet (I've tried the 3 common ones - Detail, Search, and Org Chart). I then click the "plus" next to the portlet and it expands to show me the registered portlet. If I then click on the registered portlet to actually administer it, NAM immediately throws a: Status: 504 Gateway Time-Out Description: Lost connection to origin server...

Installing DotNetNuke 3.1.1 on XP Pro
Hi,I have tried 3 times to install the package on my XP Pro machine. Each time the installation process starts as expected but after a few minutes fails :On the following line:"00:07:47.718 -   Installing Module File C:\DotNetNuke\Install\Module\UserDefinedTable_3.1_Source.zip:"Error Notification Thread was being aborted. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Threading.ThreadAbo...

Can I get the sourcr code of DotNetNuke 3.1.1?
Hello Everybody, I want to install DotNetNuke 3.1.1 open source. In www.dotnetnuke.com ,I am not finding the source code of DNN 3.1.1 Please help me. Regards, Sharanya   on the end of the download page at dotnetnuke.com is the link to http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dnn, where you can download all previous versions of the core and the modules.Sebastian Leupoldgamma concept mbHDeutschNetNuke = DotNetNuke in GermanDNN Project UserDefinedTable...

Installing DNN 3.1.1 On OneAndOne Shared Hosting
Hi,I am trying to get DNN working on some oneandone MS Pro shared hosting. They claim to support it and offer an FAQ at:http://faq.oneandone.co.uk/script_cookbook__databases/asp_net/14.htmlBut were no further help and even stated they would not provide any additional support on getting it to work.Despite this I have managed to perform an (apaprently) successful installation but there seem to be problems with it (see end). To get it to install I made the following changes to the config file:Changed the line:<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=XXXXx.oneandone.co.uk;Database=XXXXX;uid=XXX...

DotNetNuke 3.3.1 / 4.3.1 Point Release
I see DotNetNuke 3.3.1 / 4.3.1 Point Release posted at DNN site DotNetNuke 3.3.1 / 4.3.1 Point Release - Tuesday, June 20, 2006 A "point" release has been posted for DotNetNuke 3.3/4.3 today. This point release contains fixes for a number of issues which were identified in the original Release Candidate packages. Where do I read, what issues have been addressed ? Check the DotNetNuke Forums:http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Default.aspx?tabid=857&forumid=107&scope=posts&threadid=46918Rodney...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

FINAL SOLUTION: Multiple DotNetNuke 3.1.1 installations into the single database
Guys,Below is the results of my daily work to allow multiple DNN 3.1.1 installations into the single database.In the folder "\Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider" of the installation package change the following files:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider========================Find and replace "FK_EventLogConfig_EventLogTypes" to "FK_{objectQualifier}EventLogConfig_EventLogTypes"DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider==========================Find and replace "PK_EventLogMaster" to "PK_{objectQualifier}EventLogMaster"Find and replace "PK_EventLogConfig" to "PK_{objectQualifier}EventLogConfig"Find a...

Web resources about - Install DotNetNuke 3.1.1 on Share Hosting Error - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...