HELP! how can I fix security settings on discussion module

Hi,
I added a discussions module on my website and I setup that every registered users can modify it.
There is a big issue:
every registered users can modify or reply a previous item but DELETE it too!!!
the not registered user can display the item discussions but no reply it.
Is there a middle view?
I would like that registered users can add new item discussion or reply  the previous items but do not delete them!
ThankS!
0
strangersliver

Security on Discussions Module and Module Move not working, HELP!
I am using DNN 3.2.  My disucssion module allows users to edit not only their own dicussion items but other registered users items as well.  Is this how it is suppose to be?  I assumed it would only allow them to edit their own.  Has anyone encountered this problem?  Is this a bug? My other problem is when I try to move a module by clicking any of the move actions, nothing happens.  The screen doesn't even postback?  Anyone know a fix for this.  The setup went as planned.  However I am using ASP.NET 2.0 in IIS.  The file manager wasn't worki...

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Discussions Module
Once a Discussion Topic is created a user, I thought other users will not be able to edit or delete that topic; they can only "reply" to that topic. To my surprise, when I login as a regular 'Registered User', and open an existing Discussion Topic posted by the Administrator, I am able to see options like "Cancel, Edit, Reply, and Delete". When I "edit" the topic, it actually changed the Topic losing the earlier version altogether. Normally this previlege should be given only to the Administrator. I am wondering how a normal 'Registered' user is able to "edit, and delete' operations. Is...

Can you help me get started?
Hi all, All i wanted to do was just build a website, upload it and reap in the millions..... I dunno, its 3:48am and my head has just exploded Can anyone tell me why im movin stuff around in my design view of Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express Edition ( ooh err mrs ), and once viewed in my web browser - the things i thought i just moved, havent moved at all - i dont get it - i dont know enough html so im buggered in that sence, i do look at the code ( i was - in me younger days a Borland Turbo C++ programmer but aint touched that field for years ) and some stuff i actually understand ...

Having problems on set up, I keep getting this message. I tried many times. Please Help! :) Or can I get Thunderbird 1.5 back?
Name: Helga Email: sayuridothmatgmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Having problems on set up, I keep getting this message. I tried many times. Please Help! :) Or can I get Thunderbird 1.5 back? Comments: Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nmozMapi32.dll\r\n\r\nClick Retry to try again, or\r\nCancel to stop the installation. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Getting started.. What can really help?
Hello everybody!I saw that this website has a plenty of material in the "GET STARTED" section.. Nevertheless, I felt the need of writing here in the hope somebody could help me in selecting a subset of really-useful-material worth of reading/watching...I am a computer eng. student and I can program in several languages (among them, PHP, Java, C) and I'm now assigned a project whose result has to look like this website: http://www.romecityapartments.com/. Since I don't program in PHP since a lot of time, and I have to spend some effort in the startup phase anyway, I'd li...

Help Needed In Getting Started With Security
Hey, I have been having a hard time trying to find out where I can learn about security and get started with it. I would be obliged if anyone could help me out and give some pointers. Thanks in advance. Regards, Darshan ...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

Can someone please help me get started
I am wanting to use the TimeTracker SDK (I had this about 3 years ago, so I know what it does). I've downloaded the copy from the site, which gives me a file: Time.vsi (536kb) ... I cannot open this file type, for whatever reason, so have renamed it Time.zip, which then opens revealing the following folders: App_Code --> BLL  and the following files: ProjectComparation.vb (1kb), TimeEntry.vb (2kb) and UserReport.vb (1kb). This is all. I cannot extract these files either. What has happened to the original TimeTracker, which was about 4MB in size and very comprehensive. I am ...

How can i get TabId in dotnetnuke HELP ME please
In button click event: Dim Tabid As TabInfo Label2.Text = CType(Tabid.TabID, String)But i am getting the following errorObject reference not set to an instance of an object.HELP ME... Hmm - you need to set TabInfo to something perhaps? I'm not to sure on VB, but in C# you'd declare it and then init. it otherwise it would get that error.. eg. TabInfo tabInfo = new TabInfo()  (is this what your VB statement is doing?) or TabInfo tabInfo = TabController.GetTab(1)  to get a particular tab? Rodney if all you want is the id of the currently loaded tab, then do thislabel2.t...

Can we get the enhancement to the Links module in DotNetNuke?
Hi everybody, I want to purchase one module which is the enhancement to the LInks module.I want one more option to be included for the Links module i.e., along with URL,Page,File Links None option also should be there. So when None option is clicked, the page shouln't get refershed,and the contents in the Description should be displayed below the Link heading. Please help me Regards, Sharanya Try MMLinks at http://dnn.tiendaboliviana.com It supports templates and localization. You will see that is supports a lot of included effects for your links ahhh...and it is free.Mauricio Márqu...

I can't get any help on how to fix my problem.
Name: Robin Bresnahan Email: donandrobin1atverizondotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: I can't get any help on how to fix my problem. Comments: I have posted to your forum at 11:45 a.m. and I kept checking for hours and saw no response, then when I did get a response, it was snotty and no help at all. I posted again under a new topic (as suggested) at 11:20 p.m. and I have yet to see a response to it. I am very frustrated that I cannot get my email and no one will help me! Why don't you have a phone number to call? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Wind...

new to dot net can u help me how to start
hello all i'm new in the dot net world and i came here to ask for help cos i asked for help in many sites and unfortunately no one replied as i'm a bug or asking a fool questions anyway i hope i can find help here i want a free ebook to learn asp.net2 from the beginning cos as i said i'm new in dot net world and i want to ask about visual web developer it's a free version from microsoft to developing dot net apps and there is another program in sql server also but i dont remember its name so does these progs are like visual studio2005 and sql server 2005 i mean can i make a site with these p...

DotNetNuke Configuration Error not getting fixed. Please Help!
I am trying to setup the .NetNuke on the IIS. I have DotNetNuke 2.0.x I have a virtual site that points to the DoNetNuke Directory on my computer. I have insalled SQL 2000 server and added a database named, DotNetNuke. I have also changed the web.config file to ensure that it points to my database. I also have .NET Framework 1.1 What Am I missing? Is there any order they should be installed? Thank you in advance. Sounds like will be good to go. Also check that you have the latest version of MDAC installed. <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/data</a...

Web resources about - HELP! how can I fix security settings on discussion module - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Wikipedia:Arguments to avoid in adminship discussions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is intended as a guide to getting the most out of the request for adminship (RfA) procedure. It is not intended to be binding policy, nor ...

‘Rush’ Director Ron Howard, Star Chris Hemsworth To Participate In Live Interactive Discussion On Facebook ...
Rush director Ron Howard and star Chris Hemsworth will partake in a live interactive discussion on the film’s Facebook page this Sunday at 4:35 ...

Ms. Magazine - "Hobson sparks a discussion among other pop... - Facebook
"Hobson sparks a discussion among other pop culture critics about female empowerment, combining feminism and 'traditional' roles, and the 'politics ...

[...] Discussion in Facebook Groups and Pages is Public and Searchable, Inside Facebook [...]
While discussion on Facebook Pages has always been publicly accessible to the world and indexed by search engines like Google, wall posts and ...

Front - The best stories and discussions in Kinja
The best stories and discussions in Kinja

Through The Fence Baseball - Baseball news, discussion, rumors, and stats from around MLB.
The 2013 MLB draft is a little less than three months away. With the college season in full swing, and the high school season just starting out ...

Neuromarketing Expert Discussion Group - Conflict-Free
Counter the biggest LI neuromarketing group, this group is strictly business conflict-free and agnostic about methodologies and technologies. ...

#Techonomy2015 discussion at minute 20 in the video: http://techonomy.com/conf/te15/videos-human-val ...
jurvetson posted a photo: Are we optimizing the future? The Techonomy2015 discussion with Jaron Lanier and Sir Colin Blakemore. We begin the ...

Malcolm Turnbull should shut down the discussion about raising GST
A change of leader plus the upcoming summer break make it a good time to dump unsuitable policies - like the proposal to increase the rate of ...

“Repugnant” online discussions are not illegal thoughtcrime, court rules
Gilberto Valle. Fantasizing online about kidnapping, sexually abusing, and eating women does not amount to unlawful conduct or thoughtcrime, ...