HELP HELP HELP

Hey all

I ahve absolutely no idea where to start with DotNETNuke. I have downloaded and installed DNN3.2.2 and I now want to start creating my website with the help of DNN. I'm using .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. How do I go about starting a new webpage and using the DNN functionality to make manage my content?

Thank you

0
cybersurfer

Have you installed DNN, yet? Either way, download the docs and go over the ones that you need help with. That's the best place to start. You can also find tutorials online that might be helpful.

Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Services
www.michaelflanakin.com
0
flanakin
2/22/2006 1:53:07 PM
thanks for the reply.

Yes I've successfully installed DNN4.x and I have all the documentation. The thing is where do I even start creating my site and how do I incorporate all these fantastic modules that DNN comes with? Obviously I design the site using ASP.NET but how do put in the modules etc?

cybersurfer
2/22/2006 2:07:06 PM
Login as host (username: host, password: host). Once logged in, you should see a control panel at the top of the screen which allows you to create pages and modules, edit the current page's settings, and a number of other things. When modules have been added, there is an "action menu" that allows you to manage each module instance. Typically, this is a blue down arrow. Simply hover over that and click the appropriate option.

Typically, people tend to learn how to manage DNN by clicking around. Start with that and ask more specific questions as they come up, if you still have any. There are probably tutorials around, but you'll have to search Google.

Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Services
www.michaelflanakin.com
0
flanakin
2/22/2006 4:34:15 PM
Theres just one problem with that, I can't get to my default page, it says that the page cannot be found. Is there any way I can uninstall DNN4.x and reinstall it? ALso why would DNN say that the page cannot be found? I'm really confused.

cybersurfer
2/23/2006 5:23:28 AM
If you want to reinstall DNN, simply delete the files and database and re-copy/create them.

Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Services
www.michaelflanakin.com
0
flanakin
2/23/2006 2:09:52 PM

Cybersurfer,

I noticed that you said dotnet 1.1 and VS 2003.  You should be using DotnetNuke 3.2, not 4.02.  If you are going to do any module development, you need dotnet 2.0 and either VS 2005 or soem of the free tools to use with 2.0

Bill

0
Bill
2/23/2006 3:48:09 PM
Actually, you can use modules developed with .NET 1.1 in DNN4. You just can't deploy the source code with it. That's actually how all of the core modules are deployed.

Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Services
www.michaelflanakin.com
0
flanakin
2/23/2006 4:37:44 PM
Hi, if you want to try DNN the fast way - you can get a portal in minutes for free. (Google Ads)
You also get to use 2000$ worth of modules - all the major modules availiable and 50 pre-installed skins.
If you dot want ads :
Get 1000MB of disk space, unlimited sql space, and 20GB of bandwidth a month and no Ads for 9.95$ only !
You can build your full working LifeTime web without pay anything(with Google Ads), and upgrade it any time to non ads Premium Portal.

Free LIFETIME DNN Portal with 100MB(Up to 3000MB),200 Modules(2000$ worth),50 Skins,30 Languages,Statistics,Guides and Forum for help.
Browse the directory of hundreds of sites.

www.BuildPortal.com
0
liorlustig
2/23/2006 5:10:41 PM
I am using .NET 2 with VS2003. Now I can't login as host or admin. Oh well, I'll persist and see what I can do.
0
cybersurfer

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

Web resources about - HELP HELP HELP - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Help - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions , commonly abbreviated "H.E.L.P." Text is available under the Creative ...

Nude swimmers help Sydney to Hobart spectator boat after it runs ashore in Sydney's east
The cheeky rescuers ran into the waves to pluck a woman, a child and several men from the ailing boat.

Canadians Recall Refugee Past As They Help Syrian Newcomers 4
Harrowing stories from Syrian refugees have made many Canadians reflect about the struggles of their ancestors.

Alphabet Inc and Microsoft Corporation Will Help You Find Santa This Year
Today, Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) launched their Santa trackers to help users locate Santa.

WON’T YOU PLEASE HELP? I'm a single tweet away from 700 retweets on my latest Granny Catlady meme
Brother, can you spare a tweet*? Sage advice from the Godmother of ISIS, @HillaryClinton https://t.co/wE2JssTr76 @TheDemocrats #FeelTheBern ...

Dan Harris explains how meditation helps depression - Business Insider
... work. Dan Harris, ABC Nightline News anchor and author of 10% Happier , reveals how one daily practice has been scientifically proven to help ...

In Christmas rematch, LeBron is again without enough help against Warriors
The Cavs are back to full health, yet LeBron once again ends up getting little help against the Warriors. The result: another loss to Golden ...

These 3 Entrepreneurs Started Companies To Help Their Grandparents
Silicon Valley isn't quite as 'youth-centric' as you might think. Kai Stinchcombe's grandmother, Ruth, got swindled out of $40,000 of her savings ...

Subramanian Swamy will help Kirti Azad draft reply to BJP, calls opponents 'morons'
Kirti Azad — the MP suspended from the BJP in the wake of corruption charges against Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the running of the DDCA ...