Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error

I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws;

Edit Text/HTML
Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor
An error has occurred.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at DotNetNuke.Common.Globals.DeserializeHashTableXml(String Source) at DotNetNuke.Services.Personalization.PersonalizationController.LoadProfile(Int32 UserId, Int32 PortalId) at DotNetNuke.Services.Personalization.Personalization.LoadProfile() at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.get_Mode() at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.SetPanels() at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I have tried reinstalling (now 5 times) and read all posts but can't seem to figure this one out. Can anyone shed any light on this error?

(PS I did get an error when upgrading - it got to "Upgrading to Version: 3.0.13" and then showed an error "Server Error in '/PortalDNN4' Application. Configuration Error - Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Parser Error Message: The XML file c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config could not be loaded. Attempted to access an unloaded AppDomain.) but then after going to the URL again it completed ok?? Don't know if this is what is causing the FTB error.

Duncan Watson
0
Duncan

Anyone ever solve this issue? I am receiving this error after upgrading from DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.0.

ModuleId: -1
ModuleDefId: -1
FriendlyName:
ModuleControlSource:
AssemblyVersion: 03.01.00
Method: DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.SetPanels
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
PortalID: 0
PortalName: OACES
UserID: #
UserName: #################
ActiveTabID: 1
ActiveTabName: Home
AbsoluteURL: /oaces/Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.aocweb.org/oaces/Default.aspx?tabid=1
ExceptionGUID: 419b9876-d92d-4a45-84e1-adcc5247f87a
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.SetPanels() at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Jeremy

Extended Personal Site Starter kit
0
jwadsworth

help for DNN 3.1.1 migration from 2.1.2 with FTB
I upgraded my Portal (4 times now!) and have tried everything to get a major problem fixed with Text/HTML module. When I go to edit (after upgrade) I get this error:An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(Xm...

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error
Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message. Please help. Server Error in '/psg' Application. A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.Source Error: An unhandled e...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

Error Upgrading 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
  I'm getting the following error when I browse to the side after uploading the upgrade files.  Any help would be appreciated! Notes:  Upgrade instructions followed exactly.            <trust level="Medium" originUrl="http://[mydomain].*" /> is set in web.config Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly fredck.fcked...

Error in Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
Upgrading a 3.1.1 version to 3.2.2 logged this error in the script for 3.2.1 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX terminated because a duplicate key was found for index ID 4. Most significant primary key is '3785'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQ...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.2 upgrade, skin probs
OK, we'll I've had a good read around here, and I've read Charles great install doc.  But I'm still stuck.In fact I've had to restore my old db and files - and have got back to 2.1.2.My problem is that upon upgrading, I get a light blue 'skin'? appearance on the all the modules.  The 2.1.2 sites (six of them) do not have that "appearance" - and that's the way I'd like to keep it.  I have tried 'resetting' the skins (in that Admin section they all show as 'not installed' (or whatever it is)).  It doesn't seem to help.  I get several 'container file not found' type mes...

Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2
I am trying to upgrade from dnn version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. Following the exact instructions included in the 3.2.2 package I recieve the following error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ?Source Error: Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> Line 257: &...

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

Upgrading failing from DNN 2.1.2 > 3.1.0 without an any errors
All, I've finally managed to test and test and test some more to what I thought get to a place where I can finally upgrade our production system to DNN 3.  Problem is, I came across an issue that I never saw on other servers and I can't figure out why it did what it did.  The biggest difference that I can tell is the SQL box is Win2k3 on a clustered environment. Anyway the issue is this: once the user transfers are done, it goes into the spot to run the general upgrades as labeled in upgrade.vb.  The method UpgradeApplication() never runs (about line 1363). ...

after success update from 3.1.1 to 3.2, I test my site to update from 3.2 to 4.0, and I got this error
  Server Error in '/wpatest' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Stream is not a valid resource file.Source Error: Line 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> Line 2: <root> Line 3: <language name="English" key="en-US" fallback=""/>Source File: /wpatest/App_GlobalResources/Locales.xml.resources    Line: 1 Version Informatio...

Upgrade Errors DNN 1.0.10 >> 2.1.2 Please Help!
I'm trying to upgrade our company intranet from 1.0.10 to 2.1.2. As a test, I've attempted to create a new intranet site before messing with the live one. However I've run into a few errors. These are the steps I've taken: 1. Backed up SQL server database 2. Created new db called db1 3. Restored backup to db1 4. Backed up all files for current dotnetnuke install 5. Created new folder (dotnetnuke1) and placed all old files in there. 6. Created new Virtual Directory in IIS 5.0 (Win2k) called dotnetnuke1 7. Unzipped 2.1.2 files and copied into dotnetnuke1 8. Added cor...

Web resources about - Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware - YouTube
If you're watching this video, you've probably seen the other videos that prove it is possible to upgrade from Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows ...

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Apple users face issues upgrading to iOS 9
Apple customers were facing issues while upgrading to iOS 9, which was released this morning in Australia, technology blog 9to5Mac reported. ...

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube