Getting error when Domain name pointing to dnn folder on 1and1 hosting

   I have sucessfully installed DNN on 1and1 in a subfolder. I can access it and work with DNN via my account address (which is http://s23931543.onlinehome.us/dnn).

However, when I point domain.com name to my DNN instalation folder (/dnn) I get the error as below. Here is what I did:

1.I setup up a new parent portal and added portal alieses: domain.com and www.domain.com to that portal.

2.In web control panel of 1and1 I setup domain.com to point to /dnn folder(where my DNN is setup).

For some reason error does not show up even though I have custom error = off in the web.config file (when other errors come up I see them, but this error does not show up).

I have tried child portal as well with same aliases - no luck.

What am I doing wrong? or is it 1and1 problem? Thank you all very much for help

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

0
baddentist

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Getting Error when getting Excel work sheet name.
Hi all,I am using following code to get excel work sheet name.Getting the following error.It is working properly in Local machine.But when we upload in server it is giving following error. Cannot create ActiveX component. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component. and my source code  Imports Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel    Dim objExcel As Exce...

Get a free domain name and hosting from Microsoft
The words "free" and "Microsoft" don't often appear in the same sentence, so imagine my surprise at discovering this deal: a free custom domain name, free Web hosting, free e-mail accounts, and more. As you might expect from the name, Microsoft Office Live Basics has a decidedly business focus--but that doesn't mean you can't use it for a personal site. The freebie account includes not only the domain (any available .com, .net, ..org, or .info address), but also site-building tools, reporting tools, project and document managers, 100 e-mail add...

Failed getting host name, Error -1
I am running NW 65 SP6 and iPrint patch f. After the manager loads and successfully binds the PA's. I am seeing the following message. NDPSGW-4.0-0 Failed getting host name, Error -1 Has anyone seen this before? I tried editing the hosts file with no luck. The printers seem to print fine. The PA's are setup to print to the IP not DNS. Thanks , > The printers seem to print > fine. > Then just ignore it. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums of...

I am hosted this site on windows server 2003 and I get an error message?? but I dont get this on my local machine?
here is the error message I am getting:  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks.   The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://misfs/techprograms/Downloads.aspx'. Line 1...<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Downloads.aspx.vb" Inherits... The site is not configured for...

Getting error when trying to run DNN 3.1 on host
I am getting the folling error when trying to run DNN 3.1 for the first time.  Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'DotNetNuke.Common.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="DotNetNuke.Common.Global" %> Source File: e:\domains\beethe.com\wwwroot\global.asax    Lin...

using relay-host.secureserver.net & getting email on gmail and yahoo account but not getting it on my godaddy account
using smtp server address as relay-host.secureserver.net getting email on gmail and yahoo account but not getting it on my godaddy account. Please help me out, ...

Getting error
Im getting the following error the procedure entry point sunmapls_ip_ebp_40 could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32 dll + novell groupwise While trying to access Groupwise client, Version is 8.0.2. My desktop is windows 2007 server sp2 Any idea why this error is thrown? Thanks, Priya -- priyamohan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ priyamohan;2105833 Wrote: > Im getting the following error > > the procedure entry point sunmapls_ip_ebp_40 could not be located in > the dynamic link librar...

Suddenly started to get "DMN: Response: 450 Host down" errors
Hi all We have a NetWare 6 SP5 server, running Bordermanager 3.6, GroupWise 6.5.4 MTA and GWIA. We have been running it for a long time without any issues what so ever, but suddenly we have started to get "DMN: Response: 450 Host down" on 99% of all emails it tries to send. We haven't made any changes to software or configuration for a very long time, so that could not be the cause of the problem. We have another similar server running on the same hardware platform, and with a similar software configuration, just using another ISP to connect to the Internet, and it&#...

Get a list of alternative domain names when you receive "404" errors
Surfairy [Free] "Surfairy is a revolutionary system that provides an intelligent response for surfing 'dead-ends', turning empty pages (such as '404 error - page not found' 'DNS Errors' etc.) into a new positive experience, where the surfer finds first-aid to the error encountered by offering a guiding for continuous surfing. Each time a Surfer fails to receive a site this automatic unique response to error pages, displays a list of alternative domain names instead of the default error page, attempting to offer the User objective options to his ...

Moving site from one host to another had to change dbo name now getting errors
Hey there gang, I haven't posted here for a while. I have been busy with lots of other things and haven't had the time to play with DNN like I would like to. A while back, I set up a new 3.01 install including Active Forums and Scott McCulloch's news module and had a simple site up and running. Now I want to move it over to different hosting. I have exported the DB from the first host and imported it to the DB server on my new host. When I try to run the site I get the following error page:ERROR: Could not connect to database.Invalid object name 'dbo.PortalAlias'My new "dbo" account is not j...

I keep getting an error, and get kicked out
Name: Edgar Mitchell Product: Firefox Summary: I keep getting an error, and get kicked out Comments: Where can I attach a screen-shot of the error messages? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Getting error when Domain name pointing to dnn folder on 1and1 hosting - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Pointing device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about computer pointing devices. For pointing machine , a measuring tool used by sculptors to copy sculpture, see Pointing machine ...

Toddler - a free and fun animal pointing book for toddlers,kids and babies on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get Toddler - a free and fun animal pointing book for toddlers,kids and babies on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Business Baby Pointing - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
A cute baby boy is dressed in smart business clothes and is with his laptop ready for work. Studio shot Isolated on white. As always, these images ...

John Underkoffler: Pointing to the future of UI - YouTube
http://www.ted.com Minority Report science adviser and inventor John Underkoffler demos g-speak the real-life version of the film's eye-popping, ...

Ferguson police officer resigns after pointing assault rifle at protesters
Lieutenant Ray Albers resigned from the St Ann police department on Thursday, just over a week after he was identified as the officer caught ...

Immigration's young talent drowning in a sea of finger-pointing
When divvying out the loot of political office, the immigration portfolio is known widely as the ''shit sandwich''.

Lawmakers, SAP pointing fingers over failed payroll project
The failure of a massive payroll project involving SAP software has California lawmakers, state officials and the vendor pointing fingers of ...

Pointing the light fantastic
Lasers have their uses, and misuses. Ian Austen reports on a dazzling fad. - The Sydney Morning Herald

Just pointing out the facts: Joe Hockey stands by comments on poor people and cars
... he is "sorry" if his comments that increasing the petrol tax will not hurt the poor as much sound callous, but stresses that he is just pointing ...

Finger-pointing as Libs weigh how the west was lost
A factional brawl has erupted over the Liberal Party's failure to win over western Sydney.