Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn

Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn.  I have been working one this site for a few days now and everything has been working fine.  I had the website on my \\localhost\wwms but then I changed my default websites home directory so the local path would poing to the same place as \\localhost\wwms did.  Now I get this message, and the browser bar says http://wwmslr/WWMS/Default.aspx?error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0

How do I fix this?

kxmiller22

Are both websites using the same port?
Muhammad Fahad
Pakistan
0
mufahad149
12/8/2005 5:02:43 AM

Well, I changed my default websites home directory so the local path would point back to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot instead of pointing to c:\dotnetnuke.  And it still gave me the error.  What automatically changes that I need to change back?  Thanks

Kevin

0
kxmiller22
12/8/2005 3:20:26 PM
Can u show the stack trace here?
Muhammad Fahad
Pakistan
0
mufahad149
12/9/2005 3:52:56 AM
Sorry, I am new at this...  how do you do that?
0
kxmiller22
12/9/2005 8:44:27 PM
Ok no prob, just copy the
whole error description that appears and paste here. The error is too
general it could be anything, the whole error derscription will help in
getting to the error source.

Muhammad Fahad
Pakistan
0
mufahad149
12/10/2005 3:27:59 AM

http://192.168.1.5/WWMS/Default.aspx?error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0

An unhandled error has occurred.

That is all it says...  The http is what is in the address bar and the page is just white with the "An unhand..." in the top left corner.

That is it...

0
kxmiller22
12/12/2005 8:34:51 PM
I am having the exact same error. Created a child portal called mychild which exists under http://myparent/mychild. This setup worked perfectly fine. I completed the development of mychild and felt it was time for it to have its own domain. I created an alias called www.mychild.com and I used iis to point the domain to my dnn installation. It failed point blank with the exact same error as above. Need real help here.
0
m_josiah
12/12/2005 10:12:02 PM

I'm having the same error, just installed dotnetnuke and when i tried to access the portal it gave me that error. Here's the stack trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule.OnBeginRequest(Object s, EventArgs e) +1123
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

0
koen_bonte
12/13/2005 12:40:53 PM

This is rediculous. I have been using DNN for about two months, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Its getting very frustrating and I am quite worried about placing my clients websites on this system. I tried to create a new portal and the exact same message occurs.

"An unhandled error has occurred"

No stack trace just a white page with that message on it. The other sites work so I just dont get it. Please anyone with a clue about this error please help out or point us in the right direction.

m_josiah
12/13/2005 3:42:06 PM

Were can we get support for this product?  This is killing me...  I had been working fine and know I am totally down.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin

0
kxmiller22
12/14/2005 3:25:18 PM

You know what mate, I had absolutely no help on this one. Very very disapointing. However I SOLVED it myself, actually let me rephrase that, I somehow without fully understanding why fixed the problem. Basically it seems to have something to do with the way you setup the domain in IIS. You see the domain names are configured on my machine with a hosting controller software. I simply deleted the preconfigured domain and created the domain name from scratch and pointed it to the DNN installation. In your case I would suggest creating a new website in IIS and point it to your installation.

Could this help to explain the other similar problem faced by others? I know not everyone will have access to IIS and how their domain is configured.

0
m_josiah

.NET 2.0, Password Reminder gets me "An unhandled error has occurred."
I did a clean install and now when I click on "Password Reminder" I get a blank page with "An unhandled error has occurred." at the top. the url is http://xp64/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Value+cannot+be+null.%0d%0aParameter+name%3a+basepath I'm running XP64 with .NET 2.0.50215 I removed all the module PA's from the Install folder before I installed DNN 3.1Anybody got ideas on what could be causing this. It seems like everything else in DNN is working fine other than that. You need to run DNN under .Net 1.1 which you can do (once installed/registered) by going to the Poperties page of ...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Getting "Is Not Defined" error when trying to get JS to call a webservice
I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours and so far I'm stuck. Whenever I try to access the web service I get:  Test is not definedloadMarkersFromWS()                 onclick(click clientX=0, clientY=0)                Test.WS.ManageMarkers.getMarker(SucceededCallback);--- Any help would rock.   Here's my WS Code: <%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="Test.WS.ManageMa...

Upsize from Access and getting "Unhandled Exception" errors.
Hello everyone, I upsized an Access Database to SQL Anywhere, and I am trying to run the following SQL statement: SELECT LeadCust.LEADSTATUS, LeadCust.Incomplete, LeadCust.LASTNAME, LeadCust.FIRSTNAME, LeadCust.COMPANY, LeadCust.COUNTRY, LeadCust.PHONE, LeadCust.FAX, LeadCust.STATE, LeadCust.EMAIL, Employee.Initials, LeadCust.LeadCustUsage, Tickler.ContactTime AS ContactDate , '' AS PRODSTATUS , '' AS PRODITEM , '' AS STATUSDATE , '...

when i log in, i get the "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server" error.
My website online but when i enter log in details I get the following page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more in...

I am getting "it is read only" error when I am trying to use " if (Request.IsAuthenticated=false) "
hi, I am trying to use, if (Request.IsAuthenticated=false) but while using it I am geting the error, CS0200: Property or indexer 'System.Web.HttpRequest.IsAuthenticated' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only Could anyone please help Digish you need to use == when doing a comparison.  a single = is an assignment if (Request.IsAuthenticated==false) Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Hi mbanavige,   thankyou for the above help. really saved my wo...

Started to get "Requested Registry Access is Not Allowed" errors
We have started to get several “Requested Registry Access is Not Allowed” error messages on our ASP.NET applications.  These applications use a web service that I wrote and it was working fine, until recently.  This error message is occurring on our production web server (a Windows 2000 Server) and on our test web server (a Windows 2003 Server).  If something goes wrong when running the web service it is supposed to write to the event log, but it is the attempt to write to the event log which is failing.  I have gotten onto Microsoft’s support pages, and found an article ...

When we start the database, we get 2140 "An External Winnt Error has occurred "
i have 6.0.2 #2371 and just have an ebf . 1. Make sure the directory is accessible - Is it by chance write protected? (Did your network administrator change something and not tell you?) 2. Check the event log - there may be more info there. 3. NT Service pack 4? If so you need to install the SP4 hotfix: ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt- public/fixes/usa/nt40/hotfixes-postSP4/Rnr-fix/ 4. Instead of start the service try starting the database engine (DBSRV60) manually from the DOS prompt. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX Sybase Developers Network http://...

Clicking on any URL in Tbird tries to open "www.g.com" and gets error "Page not found"
Hi, When I click on a url in Thunderbird, either in an email or a news item, I get two tabs: One is for www.g.com, and says problem loading page, page not found, and the other is the actual URL I was trying to reach. I'm guessing this has to do with the calendar? But I don't have the lightning extension installed, and would like to get rid of this error. Any suggestions? I've tried searching on this, but have not gotten any answers that fit. Thanks, Karen -- Karen Roberts Karen Roberts wrote: > Hi, > > When I click on a url in Thunderbird, eith...

when I try to use Report viewer I get this error "Failed to access IIS metabase"
Hello All, I have windows Vista  IIS 7.0 VS2005 and .net 2.0 I never had any problems with any thing untill two days go when I tried to use Report viewer and every time I run my webapplication I get this error on the page that have the report viewer only " Failed to access IIS metabase. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS meta...

Getting error "Access to path XXXXXXX is denied" exception when trying to delete uploaded file
 Hey guys,I have a page that simply asks the user to upload a file and click send.  The page takes the file, uploads it to a folder on the server using filupload.saveas, creates a mail.message object, attaches the uploaded file then emails it.  I am using a fileupload object.  All is working perfectly except when I try to delete the file using file.delete().Please note:1.  When I tried to delete the file physically from the folder (through explorer and through visual studio solution explorer) I got an access denied error (file may be in use by another process or user...

AllI get is this ! "An error has occurred"
.. http://hetland.the-server.dk/ There is loads of pages I can't reach anything through http:// but I can of course get to the content through ftp:// and SQL server. The question is this.. how do I DEBUG this ? anybody.. have a clue ? Check your DB. In particular your Portals Table. Your first "Portal" should have a PortalID of '0'.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us Was able to access your site, looks like you've fixed the problem...

Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "
Hi I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please revie...

Web resources about - Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Unhandled Exceptions
As a member of the Telerik Insiders Team, Telerik can help facilitate my delivery of talks at your user group or software development event. ...

Error'd: Click Here to 'Like' Unhandled Exceptions
Alexander writes, "I was searching the web for solutions to some Oracle OCI driver issues when a I received a curious suggestion." "Finally, ...

Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or a bug check , is the error screen displayed by the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems upon encountering a critical error, of a ...

Unhandled Exception
Sorry for the inconvenience, you request cannot be entertained at this moment.

Error
Oops something went wrong! Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your ...

WebHost4Life: When Good Web Hosting Companies Go Bad
Server Error in '/site1/weblog' Application. Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception ...

Abhinav Singh - XMPP, Erlang, PHP, Realtime System Architect, Consultant and Freelancer, Bangalore, India ...
Abhinav Singh is XMPP, Erlang, PHP, Realtime System Architect, Consultant and Freelancer from Bangalore, India.

Site map
AISolutions Home News & Media Site Map search Search Home Company About Us News & Media Customers GSA Schedules Community Outreach Contact Us ...

Security and the real world
When talking about Security, most people think about something where "they" attack and "we" defend. If they succeed only once, we have lost. ...