file upload extensions - video files upload

Is it possible to upload any/some video files? I tried to add file extentions under the host settings but it didn't work. Wonder if if it's possible in dnn to upload any video files?

Thanks.
0
odove

It is possible to upload files of any extension (as far as I know).  You might be hitting a file size constraint?  I've never tried uploading any really huge files - maybe someone else with comment about that?
-doug, Powerhouse Data
0
DougV
10/27/2005 1:14:44 PM
Yes, you can upload video files.  I've uploaded them and used with
core modules as well as MediaGallery.  By default, DNN has a max
upload size of 8MB.  This setting is is the web.config.  If
you look for     <httpRuntime
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="8192" />

Change the maxRequestLength to something larger.  The only other issue you may run into is a problem with IIS timing out.  I believe it defaults to around 2 minutes.  So depending on your connection speed, you may be limited there...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
Russel Stieb
Orizonti Group, Inc.
0
rstieb
10/27/2005 3:09:16 PM
Hi thanks for the reply. My file size is around 10M. I uploaded even bigger files to the same server. I heard from somewhere that DNN does not support video file upload. I would like to confirm this and also would like to know if there is any alternatives.

Thanks.
0
odove
10/27/2005 4:21:07 PM
As long as the file extension is listed in the "File Upload Extensions", you can upload it. The person that gave you that bit of 'mis-information' could not be more wrong. The file name/extension/mime-type is transparent to DNN.

~Chris

Net Data Design
706Horsman.us
0
cjsmitty
10/27/2005 5:27:16 PM
Thanks for the help. I tested again and it worked. It is a file size issue. I am so glad that I don't have to worry about the file format!
0
odove

How to get file extension of uploaded file
Heres a simlpe one. How do i get the file extension of an uploaded file or any file for that matter without using any of the substring or split functions. I thought File.PostedFile would contain a property like that but it was not to be. Thanks in advance. As far as I know, the only way to get the extension is to parse it out...out of curiosity, why do you not want to use any of the string methods for parsing? Chris I totally agree with the previous response but thought I would add a few other options which *may* help, depending if they are usable in your situation. (Without additi...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

File Upload- Uploads a blank 90kb file
Hi, I'm uploading a 90kb file to both my oracle database and the internet server from asp.net 2.0 via fileupload tag.The file uploads correctly into oracle but uploads with the correct filename but with 0 bytes into my server. Has anyone come across this issue? My Code for saving into my server: Me.filMyFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~/" & "zQ2_" & datever & _ Me.filMyFile.FileName.ToString()))         Please help me solve this issue.Thank YouVic Is the file being created with zero byte?ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) Yes, the file uplo...

File Upload
Hey I've got a fileUpload control on an aspx page that works fine for the accepted file type, .rpts, and brings up the correct error message for not allowed extensions such as .exes and .jpgs. But .pdf files should cause an error message to be displayed, as only .rpt files are allowed to be uploaded, but instead it brings up a blank page like a web500 page. Is there a known bug when attempting to upload pdf's?   Just in case,here's the only relevant code attached to the control:   If uploadFilename.EndsWith(".rpt") = True Then 'ensures only .rp...

File Upload
Hi,  I am using the file upload code at the link below to allows users to upgrade multiple files into  a storage area. http://dotnetslackers.com/community/blogs/basharkokash/archive/2007/09/11/Test.aspx My question is how do I identify which files belong to which user?? On my site i am using ASP membership and before uploading files users must logg on. Does this mean I can use the UserID to identify them or is there another simple wayI I have the file upload in a simple wizard form. Also i am coding in C sharp   Thank you Amereto   You can use the logged...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

Deleting A File Uploaded Through File Upload Control
Hello, I have a form which allows a user to upload a file to a virtual drive on our server using the following code: fileInvoice.SaveAs(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DocumentPath") + strFileName); //Document Path is defined in the web.config file How can I safely allow a form on a web page to delete the file if they know the exact name of the file. I don't want them to be able to do a wildcard match like test* thanks in advance, mitch  Peace be on you brother, so you want to safely delete the file which the name you know. OK I consider that the name ...

how to get a url of a file with file upload
i want to store the url of a file in database where user uses the fileuplaod to select the file Then  the url of the file that is chosen should be stored in database i don't know how t odo this Can the above be done in this way or is there another way for the solution      http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/120606-1.aspxRegards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF ...

File uploading
Hi, How do i get the file size when a user uploads a file? i can now get the filename and it uploads the file to my server correctly, but i'm unable to get the file size of the file... These are the codes i used... fn = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(FileField.PostedFile.FileName) fs = FileField.PostedFile.ContentLength Even these set of codes also won't work... fn = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(FileField.PostedFile.FileName) fs = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(FileField.PostedFile.ContentLength) The error that i get when i added the 2nd line of code to get the ...

Get file name of uploaded file
Hello,  Is there a way to grab the full name of the file that is being uploaded?  The software automatically changes it when uploading. Thanks, Michael Michael,If you are using the FileUpload control you can use the PostedFile.FileName property.  If you need just the name and not the path, you can use Path.GetFileName(fileControl.PostedFile.FileName) Is this what you are looking for? ~Ben Thanks Ben, but have you ever looked at the Classified Starter kit?  It does not use the FileUpload control. Michael,I have not. What is the control that it is using? Is it...

File Upload How to get the path of the file
Hello to Everybody,The situation is the following I am using a Form to send a email with attachment that I get name from FileUpload Control, after I create a button that transfer the Path and name of the File but only transfer the File Name and the path are not included.Somebody can help me on how to get the path  from the control FileUpload    Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click        txtAttachmentPath.Text = FileUpload1.FileName    End Sub Thanks ev...

Processes file content before upload (from file upload form)
Hello I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client side) before uploading them to server. May be I have to use file upload form and somehow read files and sign them on submit event I'm not sure how (and can I) do this in Firefox extension? I prefer to use browser functionality for file upload rather than make my own HTTP connection from my extension. I also prefer not to write any user interface. On 4/7/10 7:27 AM, Юлиян wrote: > I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client > side) before uploading them to server. htt...

File Upload
I use 2.0 with VS 2008 In my code I have put a file upload limit of 1 MB. But if I try uploading files greater than 4 MB, instead of showing the User Message, it does not execute any line of code. Instead it shows. Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage But if I try uploading files between 1MB+ and -4MB, it shows the user message correctly. Cant seem to figure out what the problem could be. Any hints? Below is my codeDim path As String = Server.MapPath("~/UploadedFiles/") Dim fileOK As Boolean = False If FileUpload1.HasFile Then If FileUpload1.PostedFi...

Web resources about - file upload extensions - video files upload - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

HNN extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... subgroups of G are conjugate (through a given isomorphism) in G' . In terms of the fundamental group in algebraic topology , the HNN extension ...

Mark Bouris’s son Dane cleared of allegations he choked girlfriend and pulled out her hair extensions ...
... host Mark Bouris has had a charge of assault dismissed, with a Magistrate saying he cannot be satisfied that pulling out a hair extension “constitutes ...

Christie Brinkley uses Botox in neck and hair extensions to look younger
The 61-year-old model admits being au natural is not how she maintains her Uptown Girl look.

Kirisome Auva'a inks three-year contract extension with South Sydney Rabbitohs
... after his NRL career tinkered on collapse because of a domestic violence conviction, Kirisome Auva'a has signed a three-year contract extension ...

Google’s note capturing iOS app ‘Keep’ adds widget + share extension, copy to Docs feature
... Today view in Notification Center for capturing material in the app from anywhere with a swipe down. iOS users can also add a new Keep extension ...

Google Wallpaper Art extension will make your Chromebook look gorgeous
... but other times we are way too busy to feel that drive. Google wants to take that load off your back and beautify your wallpaper with an extension ...

Top Google Chrome extensions for better browsing
... and in-built translator; and, well, it is a Google product after all. Thanks to its fame and tons of users, the number of available extensions ...

Brandon Crawford's extension is reasonable
... after he posted the best season of his career. On Tuesday, the Giants gave shortstop Brandon Crawford a six-year, $75 million dollar extension, ...

No extension, but Ezeli wants to play for Warriors whole career
Despite the fact that Festus Ezeli didn't reach an extension with the Warriors before Monday's deadline, he doesn't want to ever play for another ...

Apple now has an extension kit for space black link bracelet
... for Apple Watch is one of the slickest looking bands for Apple Watch, and now if you’ve got XL thick wrists you can finally buy an extension ...