DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error

Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message.

Please help.

Server Error in '/psg' Application.

A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.

Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.]
   System.Data.DataColumnCollection.RegisterName(String name, Object obj) +217
   System.Data.DataColumnCollection.BaseAdd(DataColumn column, DataStorage storage) +105
   System.Data.DataColumnCollection.AddAt(Int32 index, DataColumn column) +264
   System.Data.DataColumnCollection.Add(DataColumn column) +10
   DotNetNuke.PortalSettings.GetPortalSettings(Int32 TabId, Int32 PortalId) +3722
   DotNetNuke.PortalSettings..ctor(Int32 tabId, Int32 PortalId) +253
   DotNetNuke.Global.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +784
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

http://www.clevelandguru.com
0
cyclone7

Did you have any custom modules installed on your 2.12 install? Maybe try rolling back to 2.12, uninstall any custom mods and upgrade again. It looks like something has already created a table column called SkinSrc although what that would be escapes me.
Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
4/10/2005 3:05:45 AM
Good point. I did have custom modules installed on my 2.1.2. Unfortunately since I created a new database dotnetnuke3 I thought I was creating a seperate install so I didn't backup the 2.1.2. I missed one little thing in the web.cfg file and that is what led to the upgrade instead of a seperate install.
http://www.clevelandguru.com
0
cyclone7
4/11/2005 6:41:45 PM

Now you have a problem...

However your data is still intact within the DNN if you just ran an upgrade so it can be extracted if need be. Apart from that your option is to recreate your site from scratch in 3x.

Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2
I am trying to upgrade from dnn version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. Following the exact instructions included in the 3.2.2 package I recieve the following error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ?Source Error: Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> Line 257: &...

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

Error Upgrading 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
  I'm getting the following error when I browse to the side after uploading the upgrade files.  Any help would be appreciated! Notes:  Upgrade instructions followed exactly.            <trust level="Medium" originUrl="http://[mydomain].*" /> is set in web.config Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly fredck.fcked...

Error in Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
Upgrading a 3.1.1 version to 3.2.2 logged this error in the script for 3.2.1 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX terminated because a duplicate key was found for index ID 4. Most significant primary key is '3785'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQ...

Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error
I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws; Edit Text/HTML    Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at Sys...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.2 upgrade, skin probs
OK, we'll I've had a good read around here, and I've read Charles great install doc.  But I'm still stuck.In fact I've had to restore my old db and files - and have got back to 2.1.2.My problem is that upon upgrading, I get a light blue 'skin'? appearance on the all the modules.  The 2.1.2 sites (six of them) do not have that "appearance" - and that's the way I'd like to keep it.  I have tried 'resetting' the skins (in that Admin section they all show as 'not installed' (or whatever it is)).  It doesn't seem to help.  I get several 'container file not found' type mes...

Upgrading failing from DNN 2.1.2 > 3.1.0 without an any errors
All, I've finally managed to test and test and test some more to what I thought get to a place where I can finally upgrade our production system to DNN 3.  Problem is, I came across an issue that I never saw on other servers and I can't figure out why it did what it did.  The biggest difference that I can tell is the SQL box is Win2k3 on a clustered environment. Anyway the issue is this: once the user transfers are done, it goes into the spot to run the general upgrades as labeled in upgrade.vb.  The method UpgradeApplication() never runs (about line 1363). ...

Differences DotNetNuke 2.1.2 and 3.1.3
Hi all, I am currently in a research fase about DotNetNuke. I have been searching a lot to find differences between DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 and DotNetNuke version 3.1.3. On the website DotNetNuke.com is much information about DotNetNuke 3.1.3 and how good it is and where to use it for, but not really some list about what functions it has. There is a list of bugs that are known and solved etc. at support.dotnetnuke.com but not a list with it's functions and possibilities. About DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 is really not much information to find. Every page I find tells DotNetNuke v.2...

upgrade problems from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
I just unzipped to the dir and ran the web page.  Are there any web.config setting i need to change?  It went throught the update process and said successful but then I go to the page I just get : An error has occurred.An error has occurred.   and the url looks like this http://localhost/LNL/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0 www.jiltedcitizen.comwww.livegreenforum.com Did you do anything with the web.config in your directory? Save it as a backup and rename the releas.config file as the docum...

Infinite redirect loop after upgrade from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1
After upgrading from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1, I cannot access any of the DNN sites. Each access never completes. I checked all my aliases. They seem fine. I access my site via http://localhost/site or http://machinename/site and it fails. Of course, it all works under 3.1.1 (and prior versions). Anyone else experience this problem? Know of a fix? ...

Upgrade Error 3.1 to 3.2.1
I upgraded my local test site from 3.1.1 to 3.2.1 with no problems.  I then upgraded my hosted site,  but am getting an error when I go to the site home page.  Although customErrors mode in web.config is set to "off" the error still does not display.  There does not seem to be an appropriate error log in /portals/_default so I am not sure how to track down the error that is being thrown.  I have tried both modifying the old web.config and modifying release.config with appropriate values, but get the same error no matter what..Anyone have any ideas on how to determine...

Error Upgrading 3.1.1 to 3.2
Hello i'm upgrading in local environment my dnn 3.1.1 to 3.2  The process is running without error, but when i try to access for example to http://localhost/dotnetnuke/itomisl or http://localhost/dotnetnuke/Default.aspx?alias=localhost/dotnetnuke/itomisl or another portal configured, i obtain the next error in Internet Explorer: (Red with exclamation) "An error has occurred". If i go to table dnn_eventlog the logproperties in the last record inserted by date is the next <ArrayOfAnyType xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi=" 0 ...

Web resources about - DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube