DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.2 upgrade, skin probs

OK, we'll I've had a good read around here, and I've read Charles great install doc.  But I'm still stuck.

In fact I've had to restore my old db and files - and have got back to 2.1.2.

My problem is that upon upgrading, I get a light blue 'skin'? appearance on the all the modules.  The 2.1.2 sites (six of them) do not have that "appearance" - and that's the way I'd like to keep it.  I have tried 'resetting' the skins (in that Admin section they all show as 'not installed' (or whatever it is)).  It doesn't seem to help.  I get several 'container file not found' type messages too.  (Sorry bout the lack of proper messages, just going off what I remember).

How do I upgrade without getting the light blue (is this the default skin or container???) through all the webs?

and

Could it be caused by leaving a Skin (just one of hte portals uses a Skin, it's the XP-Luna skin).  In addition, this skin, for whatever reason, gets copied to another portal (that it was not installed on).  For sure, next go at upgrading, I will first remove the Skin from this portal.

I am, however, seeking advice on these probs from the good folk here, before I give it another go and pull my hair out in frustration.

To try and elminate cache probs (env: is SBS2000, ISA SErver) I have deleted the ISA cache files, and local cache files and 'dnscmd /clearcache').  So I do not *think* that this is a cache prob.

Regards,  Duncan.

I have the Users Online module (Scott McCulloch, UsersOnline21b.zip) installed on some of the webs - and I have decided I'll remove that too before I upgrade again.

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2
I am trying to upgrade from dnn version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. Following the exact instructions included in the 3.2.2 package I recieve the following error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ?Source Error: Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> Line 257: &...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error
Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message. Please help. Server Error in '/psg' Application. A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.Source Error: An unhandled e...

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error
I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws; Edit Text/HTML    Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at Sys...

Never done upgrade before. Have a 2.1.2 site w/many custom (purchased) modules, some of which are no longer supported. Don't see *any* info in 3.1 install docs for 2.1.2 upgrade?
Hey folks: I'm about to try something very scary, and I've spent the last 5 or so hours reading DNN 3.1 docs and doing searches here (sure which the search worked better, like allowed sort by date??).  Anyway, I don't see *any* info on updating a 2.1.2 site to a 3.1 site.  The only examples all have machine key stuff and other stuff that's not an issue (or is it?) w/2.1.2 Here's the situation: 1 I have localhost access to the site via remote desktop 2. I have disconnected backed up data and log files and reconnected 3. I have made a copy of the virtual folder. No...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

DNN 2.1.2
I just upgraded my DNN 2.1.2 portals to DNN 3.0.1.2 and get the following error message just trying to load the home page: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Syntax error converting the nvarchar value 'G' to a column of data type int. Can someone steer me in the direction of what this could be. I'm not real sure where to even start.     Anyone have any ideas on this? I have tried upgrading two times, both of which showed up as successful in the black DNN upgrading window (very promising). However, when I browse to the site, I get the same error! Syntax error conv...

Having problems loging in after upgrading from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1
Ok i have done the upgrade from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 the installer did its magic and i got the click here to access your portal/site which means the upgrade went well... but now i get this error on my homepage A critical error has occurred.Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctr' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.Can some one help me out and explain what this means???? Has any one seen that before ??? ... The other thing i cannot log into the site either ... when i login it takes me back to the home page and i dont have the control panel or anythin...

Differences DotNetNuke 2.1.2 and 3.1.3
Hi all, I am currently in a research fase about DotNetNuke. I have been searching a lot to find differences between DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 and DotNetNuke version 3.1.3. On the website DotNetNuke.com is much information about DotNetNuke 3.1.3 and how good it is and where to use it for, but not really some list about what functions it has. There is a list of bugs that are known and solved etc. at support.dotnetnuke.com but not a list with it's functions and possibilities. About DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 is really not much information to find. Every page I find tells DotNetNuke v.2...

Error in Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
Upgrading a 3.1.1 version to 3.2.2 logged this error in the script for 3.2.1 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX terminated because a duplicate key was found for index ID 4. Most significant primary key is '3785'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQ...

Web resources about - DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.2 upgrade, skin probs - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

How to Upgrade your MacBook PRO to a SSD (Solid State Hard Drive) - YouTube
Follow me on twitter : http://twitter.com/sakitechonline Follow me on facebook: http://goo.gl/R95Pq Website: http://www.sakitechonline.com Create ...