Custom Module: Unhandled Error Adding Module to Content Pane

In trying to install the Survey module that comes with 2.1.2 everything seems to go great uploading the zip file and creation of the DB tables. When I go to run the module I get the following:

Error loading module
DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane --->
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings) in C:\Inetpub\dotnetnuke\admin\Skins\Skin.vb:line 574
Looking at the skin.vb file:
skin.vb (error on line 574: objPortalModuleControl.FindControl("")) see line 574 below:
' module user control processing
If Not objPortalModuleControl Is Nothing Then
' inject the module into the panel
objPanel.Controls.Add(objPortalModuleControl)
End If
' inject the panel into the container pane
objCell.Controls.Add(objPanel)

' force the CreateChildControls() event to fire for the PortalModuleControl ( the timing is critical for output caching )
line 574 --> objPortalModuleControl.FindControl("")

' disable legacy controls in module
If Not objPortalModuleControl Is Nothing Then
Dim objDesktopModuleTitle As DesktopModuleTitle = CType(FindTitleControl(objPortalModuleControl), DesktopModuleTitle)
If Not objDesktopModuleTitle Is Nothing Then
EditText = objDesktopModuleTitle.EditText
DisplayOptions = objDesktopModuleTitle.DisplayOptions
objDesktopModuleTitle.Visible = False
End If
Dim objModuleContent As Panel = CType(objPortalModuleControl.FindControl("ModuleContent"), Panel)
If Not objModuleContent Is Nothing Then
objModuleContent.Visible = False
End If
End If
Note DNN 2.1.2 in this case was an upgrade from the 1.0.10e version, if that makes any difference. I have some legacy modules I need to migrate to DNN 2, so I was looking at the Survey example as a template. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Roger
0
ryoung

load Content pane module from let pane module url in DNN3
hi, i have microsoft treeview control in let pane, and detail view(datagrid) in content pane.  when i click the url in treeview control, i want to disaply the datagrid in content pane module. i tried using mid also, but it will display in new page. /PMS/Default.aspx?tabid=129&mid=385 if i use like this .NavigateUrl = "?&iName=" + CStr(nRow("item_name")) my whole page is refreshed(tab). treeview control module also(couldn't c the last selection of treeview control) i have url in let pane module.  i want to load content pane datagrid module without refresh the page(let ...

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane --->
When I tried to upload a form from form flow manager (i.e Ent Forms), I received an error telling me that the page has moved or has been removed. However Under form template manager, the forms are there and also under data collection. According to the seller, the issue reside with DNN 3.013.  Could you assistFind the error below ModuleId: -1ModuleDefId: -1FriendlyName: ModuleControlSource: AssemblyVersion: 03.00.13Method: System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternalFileName: FileLineNumber: 0FileColumnNumber: 0PortalID: 0PortalName: Perfectaupair Default PortalUserID: 1Use...

Custom module / error handeling in module settings
I am working on a custom module, and I need to do some server side validation in the settings page/control of the module, and if the validation fails I need to show the user an error message. I tried to use the DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.AddModuleMessage in the UpdateSettings() method, but the messages does not show up, in fact DNN sends me back to the view page. I have also tried to use the AddPageMessage, but with the same result. In the view part of the module the AddModuleMessage is working fine and showing messages on the top of the pane. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Custom module disables adding additional modules
Does anyone have any ideas why a custom module, after successful addition to a page, would them disable the addition of additional modules - core or custom? The history.... This is my first sizeable custom module. The code was developed as a normal web app and ported to a DNN module using the templates from Vicenç Masanas. The module works as intended. I am not doing anything exotic, just accessing database info, displaying it to the user, and processing input. I am using a few custom ASP.NET controls to display list data and provide a checked list box for user input. I did...

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

How to get started writing Custom Modules?
Can someone point me in the direction to a step-by-step guide my writing my own custom modules for DNN 3.1.1?My background is ASP VBScript.Thanks check out the videos on dotnetnuke.com by seabury design.  Top notch, plus they are free.Cheersmidspot Awesome. Thanks for the tip....

Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane
when I wanna add a module i encounter the following error. I will be thankfull if anybody can help me as soon as possible. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported. at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath) at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.AddExpressions(String[] str, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath) at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAc...

Unhandled Error Adding Module to RightPane
Please forgive me for trying to clear all the errors out of my log. You can see errors that your DotNetNuke install is giving by going into ADMIN then Log Viewer. You should log in as HOST to see ALL the errors. Anyway I am getting this one. Can anyone tell me what I can do. It doesn't make sense to me. Is there a module on that page that isn't showing up? Should I look in the database for some bad record? Is it a bug in the module on that page? Thank You! ModuleId: -1 ModuleDefId: -1 FriendlyName: ModuleControlSource: AssemblyVersion: 03.01.01 Method: System.Threading.Thre...

Module in Module

modules, modules

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

Error adding user control to custom module
I am using DNN 3.0.12 and I have a custom module that has been working fine.  I have already added many user controls to it from the Module Definitions menu of the host menu, clicking edit module definitions and then clicking Add control.  Everything worked fine. I just tried adding a new user control, LogonInfo.ascx, to a custom module.  I enter the control key, title information, and the source for the control and then I try to upload/add it to my custom module.  When I do this I get the following error message: An error has occured. DotNetNuke.Servi...

Web resources about - Custom Module: Unhandled Error Adding Module to Content Pane - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Unhandled Exceptions
As a member of the Telerik Insiders Team, Telerik can help facilitate my delivery of talks at your user group or software development event. ...

Error'd: Click Here to 'Like' Unhandled Exceptions
Alexander writes, "I was searching the web for solutions to some Oracle OCI driver issues when a I received a curious suggestion." "Finally, ...

Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or a bug check , is the error screen displayed by the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems upon encountering a critical error, of a ...

Unhandled Exception
Sorry for the inconvenience, you request cannot be entertained at this moment.

Error
Oops something went wrong! Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your ...

WebHost4Life: When Good Web Hosting Companies Go Bad
Server Error in '/site1/weblog' Application. Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception ...

Abhinav Singh - XMPP, Erlang, PHP, Realtime System Architect, Consultant and Freelancer, Bangalore, India ...
Abhinav Singh is XMPP, Erlang, PHP, Realtime System Architect, Consultant and Freelancer from Bangalore, India.

Site map
AISolutions Home News & Media Site Map search Search Home Company About Us News & Media Customers GSA Schedules Community Outreach Contact Us ...

Security and the real world
When talking about Security, most people think about something where "they" attack and "we" defend. If they succeed only once, we have lost. ...