Confused about DNN 3.1.1 Source w/Install

Hello, I am a bit confused with the latest 3.1.1 release. I downloaded
the Source w/ Install package but I don't know if I should just upload
the entire zip package to my web server? I wonder because I see many
..vb files that, I assume, would not be used in a web serving enviroment
since they are only used by Visual Studio for programming, am I
correct? If so when will we be able to download the "Binaries" only
package that will only be used by the web server? Should I just go
ahead and upload ALL files?

Thanks in advance

0
earthdance

earthdance,
There are two packages

  • Install w/Source  -  Contains everything, including source and documentation
  • Install Package  -  Contains only the files needed for deployment to a webserver.
  • As you stated, you downloaded the Install w/Source so of course you got the source files. If you want the "binary" version then download the Install Package.

    DotNetDoc
    www.DotNetDoc.com

    Get the Book!!

    0
    DotNetDoc
    8/23/2005 7:31:51 AM
     earthdance wrote:
    Hello, I am a bit confused with the latest 3.1.1 release. I downloaded the Source w/ Install package but I don't know if I should just upload the entire zip package to my web server? I wonder because I see many .vb files that, I assume, would not be used in a web serving enviroment since they are only used by Visual Studio for programming, am I correct? If so when will we be able to download the "Binaries" only package that will only be used by the web server? Should I just go ahead and upload ALL files?

    Thanks in advance

    Earthdance,

    The "install only" was not there when you wrote your messsage but it is there now!

    Bill
    0
    Bill
    8/23/2005 10:51:52 AM