Changing DotNetNuke Label Text Programmatically

Hi,

How do I change the DNN label.text property programmatically?  I setup a normal dnn:label with id, resourcekey and controlname.  Entered some text in the resource file - DNNLabel.Text but can't seem to change the .text of it programmatically.  Before I head down the "find the control on the page" road I was wondering if there's an easier way.

Thanks,
Bill

0
BillBo999

Leave out the resourcekey in the ascx declaration if you want to programmatically change it.

0
ecktwo

Programmatical change Label.Text of a set of labels in an UpdatePanel
I write engineering solutions in VB. In most cases they need to operate in both metric and English units of measure so I need to update labels such as °F and °C appropriately. I have a number of labels in an UpdatePanel that need this sort of update. Some need to switch between °F and °C while others betweem feet and meters. Which type of units of measure to use is known at Page_Load so I thought I could just make the Label.IDs meaningful (use lblTemp1, lblTemp2 etc for temperature units) and then update their .Text property based on their ID and the units of measure. I am almost there ...

Getting Started with DotNetNuke
I have successfully installed the software, created and connected to the database. When I go to the Default.aspx page it takes me to the "Welcome to DotNetNuke..." page. It says: "Select the Host tab to manage multiple portals as the Host.", but there is no Host tab. Where do I go from here? Also, is there a development environment in DotNetNuke? If so, how do I get to it? Thanks. *bump* Same problem here.  Installed, welcome page, and instructions to change admin password.  No admin tabs, Host tabs or otherwise visible. Zone Alarm is turned off (but installed), clear...

3.0.12
To prevent problems with 3rd party software referencing core DNN assemblies, please change the references for DotNetNuke.WebControls and DotNetNuke.WebUtility to be project references rather than file. This way, all DNN assemblies reference the same version of DotNetNuke.WebControls and DotNetNuke.WebUtility. Thanks Jim P.s. I can provide the entire file, if necessary. Otherwise, I have attached the diff, for DotNetNuke.vbproj, to make this change: 113,114c113,114 < AssemblyName = "DotNetNuke.WebControls" < HintP...

Wonky DotNetNuke Label Control Text
I'm displaying some wonky text for my DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.LabelControl I've placed in my page.  RESX:lblSearchBy.Text In code behind I'm declaring the Label of course and in Page_Load event I'm setting the .Text property. and still I get the error above.I've also tried using DotNetNuke's new App_LocalResources convention by adding the control name value pair with the resource file and still the same text appears. It looks like it's having trouble with the resources but I've checked it's all good.Any one seen this?Thank in Advanced. At first,these messages will only be displayed...

change text align in SolPartMenu of DotNetNuke
hi Does anybody know how can i change text-align in menu of dotnetnuke?thanx   Your looking for the menualignment atrribute ... (I assume)Pre skin installation:   skin.xml    <Object>     <Token>[SOLPARTMENU]</Token>        <Settings>            <Setting>                <Name>menualignment</Name>  ...

DotNetNuke
Hi,I got a request about redesigning a static webpage, with a simple shoppingcart.The customer also wants a forum, another layout, and as mentioned, a new design.I wonder if I might as well should tempt him with the DotNetNuke CMS?How much work will it be to install/configure it?- Estimated in hours for download, unpack, upload, configure and install.He currently has only about 6 or 7 pages, but as I said, they are static!eg. If I am to redesign his current pages, I will have to edit all of the pages!Also, I would have to install a forum and implement that forum.My guess, would be that if Do...

getting started
Hello everybodyid appreaciate someone help get me started.id like to run DotnetNuke from a subfolder or the root dir on a host server, however,  i keep getting the following error:[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]DotNetNuke.Globals.ApplicationURL() +54Something to do with the libraries not being registered?? i dont really know...what if anything can be done about this?...

Dotnetnuke & IIS. URL's getting redirected to http://localhost/dotnetnuke
I'm on Win XP Pro.  When using dotnetnuke, I have created a second and a third portal.  The url to http://www.localhost/dotnetnuke works fine, the url to http://www.localhost/secondportal works fine, but when I try to create a third portal, the url http://www.localhost/thirdportal gets redirected to http://www.localhost/dotnetnuke.  I have set up everything properly in IIS, and have specified all the same things inside of dotnetnuke on my third portal as compared to my second portal.  What is causing this redirection?  Even if I delete the third portal fr...

label event? label.text changed?
 Hia event exists that occures when the text of a lable is changed?textbox got such an event.but I couldnt find it for labels my task isi got labels, if they are empty another label shows that they must be filled with text (this works trough a popup by selecting data from a gridview this popup makes an dialog return and sets the text of the label)so if all labels != null or != "" the other label(showing that the labels are required) should be invisible    Labels dsnt have OnTextChanged type any event.========================= You can check it like th...

Cannot start dotnetnuke
Hi guys,I'm a newbie, when i try to browse the page i got this error:  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file lo...

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Failed to start monitoring changes
We have a DNN 3.2 deployment on a 2 box Server 2003 web farm with remote content off a SAN exposed using a UNC. Every now and then we get a Module Load Exception wrapping a System.Web.HttpException (failed To Start Monitoring changes) when loading a core administration module. We did a bit of investigation and came accross Patrick Santry's Blog who mentions: KB 221790 - IIS Runs out of work items and causes RPC failures when connecting to a remote UNC path. This didnt seem like it applied because we are running Server 2003. Any ideas? More info available upon request. Thanks. &nb...

Get Label text from Label in Gridview
 Hi all!I have a serious problem. When I swirch to editing mode for a row, I should get on of the value of this row, but I don't, how can I solve it.Can anybody help? (prfer VB.net code)    can u give ur grid html?  Thanks, Mahadeo-----------------------------------------------Best is Not the END point, but a starting point for Innovation------------------------------------------------Remember to mark posts as the "Answer" to help future users. Hi:   I wrote some code here:   protected void GridView1_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEd...

Access denied to 'C:\dotnetnuke\'. Failed to start monitoring file changes.
I setup database alreary in WEB.Config DNN should be up and running soon but I Got a problem with Access denied. Can someone help? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access denied to 'C:\dotnetnuke\'. Failed to start monitoring file changes. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information ab...

Access denied to 'C:\dotnetnuke\'. Failed to start monitoring file changes
I was finishing change the Web.config for database, but this message appear. CAn Someone help? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access denied to 'C:\dotnetnuke\'. Failed to start monitoring file changes. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Access denied to 'C:\dotnetnuke\'. Failed to start monitoring file ch...

Web resources about - Changing DotNetNuke Label Text Programmatically - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

[...] How to Programmatically Administer Off-Facebook Pages with the Open Graph API - Inside Facebook ...
With the Open Graph protocol that Facebook announced at last week’s f8 conference, any URL can now be treated just like a Facebook Page. After ...

Well, This Is Different Time Inc. Now Selling Print Ads Programmatically
Machines are now selling some print ads at Time Inc. The nation's largest magazine publisher owner of People, Time, Sports Illustrated and InStyle ...

Now Marketers Can Buy Sponsored Content Programmatically
Publishers' branded content is going programmatic. Today, Sharethrough and AppNexus are rolling out real-time bidding for Sharethrough's news ...

Wesabe makes Financial Data available programmatically
Wesabe has just done what I've been trying to convince banks to do for years. They're making financial data available via a simple POX (Plain ...

IPG Begins Buying Local Broadcast Programmatically: Can Target, Retarget Viewers In Near Real-Time
In what likely is the most significant development yet to bring programmatic media-buying to local broadcast television, Interpublic's Mediabrands ...

Google Launches Cloud SQL API To Allow Developers To Manage Their Databases Programmatically
... to use Google’s admin interface. Today, however, Google is launching the Cloud SQL API . This new REST API will allow developers to programmatically ...

Are Programmatically Purchased Native Ads Native Enough?
It seems everyone and their mothers are pushing native ad units and tools to support them. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and most recently AOL all ...

Most Major U.S. Publishers Now Sell Ads Programmatically
Most major online publishers in the U.S. now sell at least some of their ad space using automated "programmatic" technology, according to new ...

TV Ads Could Soon Be Sold Programmatically, Magna’s Todd Gordon
The key efficiency new-wave digital media sales holds over TV is clear – super-targeting through addressable, automated and programmatic buying ...

How To Use Facebook's New Power Editor For Ads
Here's a guide to the power editor in Facebook's ad manager.