Can't install DotNetNuke with Windows Server 2004 and .NET 1.1

I don't know if it's a mix of Windows Server or .NET 1.1. But I download the 3.1_source package and what I get is the following when calling Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install

00:00:18.828 - Configuring SuperUser:

At that point, the logo of DotNet repeats and I get the following

Unhandled Error

Error Details

File
Error  File or assembly name xdoevn_c.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

A repeat of the above simply changes the name of the DLL.

I tried deleting the database, recreating it.
Creating another virtual folder with dot net.
Giving full write to the app pool owner
etc.

This is the weirdest error message I have seend in a .NET package. What can cause this?  The problem was that installing on my laptop at home was a breeze and I spent 2 weeks customizing the skins to get the look I want. Now that I want to put it in the production machine, I get this weird error.

Please help.

Phil

0
philosophil

I'll assume you mean Windows Server 2003.

It sounds like a DLL is missing or corrupt.  Try disabling the Indexer service and unzipping DNN agian.

-Tony Valenti
PowerDNN Hosting is the best

Eliminate DNN Startup Lag
0
MobileNow
8/20/2005 3:08:03 AM
I suspect thats a permissions issue, where your server needs read, write and modify permissions on the windows temp folder, to support xmlserializer. Theres more on this @ http://www.hanselman.com/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=a134904e-b3cc-4b52-8aed-eb3f3acc1a02

Cathal
0
cathal
8/20/2005 5:05:47 PM
I popped in here because I thought I had missed a windows server release(2004) ;)

Cathal has posted a great resource. Not only for this question but one that you should add to your RSS Aggregator (If you use one)

DotNetDoc
www.DotNetDoc.com

Get the Book!!

0
DotNetDoc
8/21/2005 11:16:53 PM
Cathal and MobileNow many thanks!

Cathal, the problem with the unfound DLL was indeed caused by the acces to the TEMP folder which wasn't set properly.

MobileNow,  the indexing service also caused me some problems earlier and since I normally always turn it off, I forgot that the hosting system might have it enabled. With that turned off, it should future proof me against its evil influence.

Of course, not everything is fine. I now have an Invalid_Viewstate error and I'll post this on another thread.

Thanks

Phil
0
philosophil
8/22/2005 8:12:54 PM
Phil, the invalid viewstate issue is usually to do with your website running under 2 webservers in a load balanced array. They need to have the same machinekeys, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323744 for more details.

Cathal
0
cathal
8/22/2005 10:36:30 PM
Boy, if you really want to get your question read, put a new version of Windows in the title. I thought for a minute you were runing Vista Server.
John

Free DotNetNuke News, Tips, Strategies and more.
www.dotnetnukesites.com
0
phr0ze
8/23/2005 1:37:21 PM
I think that the view state problem in my case is due to the fact that
the URL goes beyound 1024 characters. I read that somewhere, I set
enableViewStateMac="false"  but of course now I get to a situation
where after I log, nothing works (the UI indicates that I'm not loged,
a shift-refresh shows that I'm logged, but clicking on anything to edit
the page does nothing (as if I wasn't logged).

As far as I know (I'll triple check), the server is not load balanced, nor on a web farm.

Too strange.

0
philosophil
8/23/2005 2:39:39 PM
lol.  But I wouldn't expect Vista Server until 2006 or 2007.  :)

-Tony Valenti
PowerDNN Hosting is the best

Eliminate DNN Startup Lag
0
MobileNow

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

Directory.Delete(path, true); doesn't work (.net 1.1) and admin can't delete
Hello all.  I have a web application that creates a user temp directory, copies files into that directory, manipulates those files, sends files to the user, and then calls Directory.Delete(path, true); to delete the temp directory and all of its contents.  The problem is that this doesn't work and the directory is still there after the method call and code execution is complete.  I also can't delete the directory manually even when logged in as an Administrator.  It says 'Cannot delete <path>: Access is denied.'.  I was under the impression that specifying 'tru...

Can't install version 2.0 besides 1.1: dotnetfx.exe will only install 1.1
Hi,  I'm trying to install version 2.0 beside version 1.1 on a Win2000 server. First I download the correct version of dotnetfx.exe (for version 2.0), but when I run this, I'm asked if I want to install version 1.1 (which is already present). It does not help to uninstall 1.1 first, I'm still prompted to install 1.1, even if dotnetfx.exe is the one for version 2.0! Could this be due to any settings on the server?     RGDS a newbe...  Check carefully for every copy of DOTNETFX.COM on the machine (check every folder including system ones), and rename the...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Can I install two .NEt frameworks (1.1 and 2.0) in the same server
Hi all. I would like to know if two .Net framework versions .NET 1.1 and .Net 2.0 could coexist in the same server.  As far as I know an ASP.Net application build with Ms Studio 2003 uses .Net 1.1, and an application built with 2005 uses .Net 2.0.   Something that I do not understand is, if I build an application with ASP.Net 2003, and deploy it to a production server that has installed both frameworks 1.1 and 2.0, will my application use the framework 1.1 or is there any possibility of creating conflicts because it does not know which framework to select (1.1 or 2.0)   Wh...

Any ideas why IIF files can't be found after .net 1 to .net 2?
IIF files are quickbook files that I simply download via web page link. Since upgrading to .net 2, the .iif file (which are there) no longer exist. The directory still has the correct permissions, even directory browsing at that and I can see the file. The .iif extension is listed inthe extension's list. If I right click save as, it says it doesn't exist. I can download any other file in that directory just not .iif files. The directory in IIS allows you to switch from .net 1 to .net 2. If in .net 1, it says .net 1 can't run at the same time as .net 2. Which is understandable but...

Getting 'Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.' when attempting to load NET 1.1 app in IIS
 Hi all,I am getting this message that is pointing to the web.config at INETPUB\WWWROOT\. I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 installed and was able to run .NET 1.1 apps fine through my local IIS up until 3 weeks ago. I am not sure what has changed, so cant really pinpoint where the problem may have originated.I have run aspnet_regiss -r to updated the scriptmaps for .1.1 but I still get the problem?I also have the ASP.NET tab of the applications virtual directory pointing at NET 1.1. and all the ASP.NET tab of the 'default website' set to .NET 1.1.Also, my .NET 2.0 apps work fine...

Web resources about - Can't install DotNetNuke with Windows Server 2004 and .NET 1.1 - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...