Can one user use one sign in and have access to multiple portals and be asign different permisions and roles for each portal?

Hi All,

With DotNetNuke or a addin is it possible to do the following?

I need to have an inviroment where I can maintain multiple groups
assign users to be aministrators of their own groups and create
their own groups (sites) and assign permissions to their users.
Some of these groups may have certain areas that require memberships
that need to be renewed.

I'm currently looking a rewriting my sites to combine them to do this
but I think DotNetNuke might be able to do this for me.
currently when a user logs into one of my sites and browses another
completely differnt site they don;t have to log in again which is convienent
for the user.

the layout I'm looking for is one code source to maintain to do the following:

support multiple domain urls

www.site1.com
www.site2.com
www.site3.com
and so on

each site would look completely different in look and feel
each site may or may not share some data between the sites
A member may belong too one or more sites
A member should not have to log in to each site sepreatly
when a member moves from one site to another their permissions should change accordingly
Areas with in one or more sites may be restricted based on user role or membership
The addmin should be able to designate what content can be shared and with what groups, sites

Does any one know if DotNetNuke has this ability
or how hard it would be to create a setup like this?

Thanks
Don

No time like the present!
0
danders238

one portal(child portal and parent portal) can have multiple domain names at same time?
I create one child portal: www.mysite.com/client, now my client want to add one www.clientsite.com domain on it and doesn't change anything.Is it possible?I have added it on my DNN, but it doesn't work.I want to know, one portal(child portal and parent portal) can have multiple domain names at same time?...

When you delete a user from one portal, users with same username on other portals are also deleted!
Actually when you delete a user from one portal, SPC deletes the user from users table, all portal instances from userportals table and only one user from aspbet_users which belongs to that portal. When you want to access users from other portal admins you get an error. And the only way to recover is to delete the other users in other portals from aspnet_user tables.This seems to be a terrible bug.- DNN allows us to create the user with the same username on an other portal but does not allow to delete only one.We of course override this by changing the SPC but must be changed by DNN Team.I t...

Using Console One From one NW65 server can not login to another NW65 to get access to file system
I have a NW65 Server with a CD reader but it will not mount the SP2 ISO Image CD so I can install the SP2 update from the ISO Images. The SP2, not the iso image, was copied to a server volume and I attempted to install the SP2 but Java would not unload so at best I only had a 65% install of the support pack. So next I want to load the ISO Image on another server and access the SP2 ISO media that way. However, when I try and login to that server from console one I keep getting rejected saying the user or password are incorrect. I tried serval syntaxes but no success ...

Users with multiple roles but only one role to be used per session
Hi,  I am trying to use new role based security and Login controls of ASP.NET 2.0 for my application. The users of my application can have multiple roles, but they can only login to a particular role at a time. Now I want to extend the Login control so that a user can choose to which role he wants to login to. In the login process I want to verify whether he belongs to the role requested. The login should fail if he doesn't belong to that role even if he is a valid user. Further, if he successfully logs in I want my application to remember to which role he has logged in currently a...

Portal Structure
Can you have more than one parent portal? Or is it just a one partent, many children that link to that one parent?-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com You can have as many as you want... there is actually no real relationship between a parent and a child other than they share the first part of the portal alias :-)Steve WalkerSenior ConsultantSharePoint ForumsSharePoint Architecture The wording for this really should be changed to accomodate the true lack of a relationship.  I would like to start calling it DomainPortal / AliasPortal instead of Parent / Child portal u...

One user in multiple portals
If you add the same username to more than one portal and then delete it form one portal will cause an exception in the user management module on the other portals the same username. To reproduce, portal 1 add user with username "a" portal 2 add user with username "a" now delete user "a" on portal 1 and then goto portal 2 users account and exception is thrown. My findings when adding username dnn adds user "a" one time in users table and then maps the user to the portals through userportals (i.e same behavior as 2.1.2). Then adds the username to aspnet_Users table each time. So now we ...

same user account for one portal and three child portals
i have a client with one portal and three cild portals. so i need for the employees of the company one account for all 4 portals. is this possible? What version are you running? This is very possible. There are a few things to consider. You must use true child portals to maintian permissions between portals. www.host.com/child will work, child.host.com will not. Also, redirects must be consistant between portals. www.host.com/child and host.com/child will not mix. There is a trigger somewhere around here that will duplicate registrations accross portals, which is what you need ...

How can I copy all users from one portal to another?
I had one of those days when everything just went bad. I installed, in my production DNN server, every control I found without a proper backup (pretty stupid, ha!!). Anyway, I had to reinstall everything from scratch and now I need to import all my users from an old DB to the new one. I was wondering if there is a FREE script or module that would do the trick. I don't want to re-invent the wheel if it has already been done. Too busy for that... Thanks in advance. I don't know about free, but there is a tool on Snowcovered.com for importing users for 39 bucks.WWWCoder.comRedmond GadgetsM...

Multiple jaguar servers one one machine using difference repository
Hi, When will it be possible to set the props on an jaguar2 in JaguarManager to points to its own repository ? This would be an nice feature. If this is an running project, what is the timeframe I know there is possible to do this with some hacking in serverstart.bat -- Borre It's not "hacking" to do this with the serverstart.bat. Many people routinely tweak that file. If you want to achieve what you describe, install EAS twice on the same machine, but in different paths. Many people do not do the 2nd install, and opt to copy the entire %JAGUAR% repo...

Can DNN Portal & Child Portals use the same user database?
Hello, I have a need for specific DNN configuration - kind of "many subportals in portal": - main portal as home (with general info, search module and links to subportals) - Windows FAQ - several subportals (childs), each for a specific topic (FAQ's, articles, etc) - Windows NT - Windows 2000 - Windows XP - Windows 2003 - DotNetNuke - .Net Developers - Magazine - content for subscribers - etc - all portals should share a common user database and roles so that a single login allows for access to any of them, depending on ...

One Db for more than One Portal
Hi , just i tried to use same db for 2 DNN portals using different objectQualifier , but faild !!! i want to know is that possible or not? It's possible, and the objectQualifyer is the way to do it. What error did you get?John M. mrashed wrote: Just i tried to use same db for 2 DNN portals using different objectQualifier , but faild !!! i want to know is that possible or not? Actually, you don't want to know if it's possible, which it is, you want to know how to make it work.  To answer that question we would have to know what "failed." JeffPlease: Don't forget to ...

Dotnetnuke 3
Hi. I am in the midst of selecting a portal system and dotnetnuke looks great. If I have one main portal and many child-portals created, can I set the systme up so the main prtal handles accounts allowing usiers access to main and certain sub-portals based on authorization. ie. The same account would be registered in multiple sub-portals. Also, I would like to use a persons email address as his/her usernmae. I see in web.config for dotnetnuke 3 that there is a force unique email . Is this applicable? Configuration for SqlMembershipProvider and AccessMembers...

Multiple Portals, Separate Databases, Same Users, One log in ?? Possible?
I am developing a portal system for an insurance company that is selling an E-Service through their site.  This service grants them a Child Portal off of the main Host Site.  I need a way to pass the log in information from the host site to the child sites, so the Host doesnt have to log in a dozen times to update things on everybody's sites. These sites all have different databases (for Secure Information purposes) and different code bases.If anybody has any suggestion, please let me know.Thank you in advance,Robert ZordelWeb Applications DeveloperDataentity...

How can I use different resource files for one user-control?
I have user-controls, which use local resources. Those user-controls are placed on few pages. The problem is that for different pages resources should differ as well. Is there any way to switch resource files for user-controls according to the page where it is placed? Or maybe there is some other way... Because now the only way I see is to change programmatically label.HelpText, validator.ErrorMessage and so on depending on the page...  PigVeen: The problem is that for different pages resources should differ as well.  Hi You can uses the ResourceManager class to retrieve the...

Web resources about - Can one user use one sign in and have access to multiple portals and be asign different permisions and roles for each portal? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Tests Allowing Users To Start Games Instantly, Bypass Permissions Dialog
Facebook game developers Zynga , Kixeye , and Electronic Arts reached agreements with Facebook to test a new “start now” feature, that allows ...

Why is the Messenger app requesting permission to access features on my Android phone or tablet? - Facebook-Hilfebereich ...
If you install the Messenger app on your Android, your phone or tablet should let you know that the app is asking for your permission to access... ...

Permissions Reference - Facebook-Entwickler
When a user authenticates your application, by default, your app gets the ability to read only the u...

Facebook tests ‘start now’ option to allow users to begin playing games without authorizing permissions ...
Some Facebook canvas games are testing a new “start now” function to let users begin playing games immediately without the roadblock of a permissions ...

OOPS: without Permission, Paul Ryan and Family Show Up Washing Clean Dishes at Ohio Soup Kitchen - YouTube ...
The head of a charity in Ohio is not pleased with Paul Ryan's photo op at a soup kitchen in Ohio, saying that the Romney campaign "ramrodded ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

LeBron James sought sons' permission before his return to Ohio
Before LeBron James could return home to the Cavaliers, he first had to clear it with his children.

Jacqui Lambie shares another misappropriated image without permission
Senator Jacqui Lambie has been criticised for sharing a heavily altered Canberra Times cartoon to suit her own political campaign.