An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.

I have moved my site to a new server but I am getting the following message.

An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.

I have the ASP.NET user having FULL Permissions on every file/folder in the site.  But I'm noticing some files get set to Read-Only.  I reset every file to Read/Write and within a hour something is set back to read only.
0
rphillips

Help! An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.
I got this message with no more information which can help me to continue to trace. I know this is from http://localhost/DotNetNuke/components/Exceptions/XMLExceptionPublishervb.vb and Catch exc As UnauthorizedAccessException. I don't know which file is accidently set to READ ONLY due Host site and Loacl Machine download/upload transmission. Somebody can help me there? Please Willi, the file in question is in portals/_default/logs/ The message is referring to not being able to write out the exception. You will need to set the file permissions on the entire folder that DNN reside...

An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. #2
Why I recever this error, I'm loged with Host An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. Do you have Read/Write/Change access rights to the DotNetNuke directories? Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider and Providers\DataProviders\SQLDataProvider: SQL Script logs are written hereBruce F. Gagliolo Jr.Information Technology ConsultantThe future starts today, not tomorrow. - Pope John Paul II Yes it's a local instalation, where is de log files ? Make ...

An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. #3
Help, I rebuild sigama pro-2.0 , then it goes the error: An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. Then I install DNN 2.1.2 clean, the error still there. Anybody, Help!...

No more to delete Log file and start it with new log file
Hi we are running Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0. But, Since April , we can not backup them, selecting the option(:Starting DB with new Log file). After back up the DB(about 3 GB), Log(about 1.9GB) and then it says "Waiting for transations to complete..", Waiting for transations to complete.."... How can we start DB with new Log file? any other solutions? Thank you for your help: ======== chungih1@paran.com You may want to send this to one of the IAnywhere newsgroups and not EAServer. -Kevin "I.H.Chung" <chungih1@paran.com> wrote in me...

IDM3
Hi everybody, every once on a while, I get remoteloader error messages "Cannot write to = log file: Unable to open log file" on our domino server. Domino server = locks subsequently and needs to be restarted. Just restarting remotelader = services does not help. Anyone else seen this? Ideas? (Environment: IDM3 onOES Linux, Domino 6.5 on Win2k, 6 drivers instances) Thanke, Lothar We had similar problems and fixed them by putting the RemoteLoader on a seperate machine and just let NDSREP run on the domino server. I got the hint from Terry Nuffer and he has posted ...

Error writing to exception log
I am getting the following error: An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. Where is the location of the exception log. I am currently being hosted by a host company and I have set read-write permissions to everything I can. Please advise so I can tell them exactly what directory needs read-write permissions. Thanks to all who reply in kind, the cat In your DNN folder; Portals/_default/Logs/GMSS DNN Hey thanks for the help so far. I really want to get ...

Log files not logging
I have been given responsiblity for running our BorderManager 3.6 system. The server is no longer doing any logging. The last log file is dated August 13 2004. I just took this over. It is BM 3.6. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Thanks Scott The administration of the log files is located in NWAdmin - select the Bordermanager Setup Tab - highlight HTTP Proxy - click on details - there is a Logging tab there that will tell you where the files are located and for how long, etc. Somtimes I have to go in and clean the logfiles out of the volume - if the volume ...

Re: "cannot write to log file: unable to open log file"
in the meantime i opened a support call with novell, where i got the information this would be a well known problem regarding a conflict in writing to log.nsf. there are two ways to handle this: 1. install remote loader on a system with notes client and communicating with the domino-server through that client (as in installation guide). 2. reconfiguring domino-server to use another notes.ini we did neither want to set up another system for every of our 60 notes-drivers nor move away from domino-standard that far. our solution is to forbid ndriver.id to write anything to the log...

Transaction Log Files/Virtual Log Files
I am wanting to reduce the amount of Virtual Log Files I have. In reading through the Online Book Documentation, I realize that I have forgotten to move the Transaction Log Files to a different drive. Now that the server is in production, I wanted to get some input about the best way of making this change. Can I just change the directory the log files are being written to in the DB properties without having any adverse problems occurring?Willhttp://www.strohlsitedesign.com/http://www.WillStrohl.com/ changing the logfile location is probably going to require to to get single user acc...

GWCheck log files in log directory
Hello, It is reported that I have 313 files in my log directory. Can someone tell me what directory this is because I can not find the files. I would like to delete them. Thanks for your help. Charles Choskins, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and optio...

Exception Logging logs error with file path from the machine where application got built.
Hi, I am facing one strange issue. I have built my ASP.NET web application using Nant automated build process which inturn uses MSBuild.exe. I am using exception and logging EABs in my application to log an exception. Now in case of any exception logs get created with path of the file from exception was caught. But this does not log the file path from deployment server instead it logs the file path from where I generated automated build. I confirmed that the logged file path does not exist on deployment server. Did any one face this issue earlier? Please let me know any solution on this....

Rename transaction log
Hi all, We are experiencing a situation with a consolidated database (Sybase 5.5.04 Build 1916), we are running dbremote (Build 1912) and when this is run with a -x (rename transaction log) we receive a message "error writing to log file". When we turn the -x off it runs a treat. Prior to this dbremote was running without a problem for over a year. Has anyone experienced this before ? Will the old transaction logs clear down even if the -x is no longer on ? Any help much appreciated. Cheers, Ach I just ran dbremote using 5505 with the -x switch with no proble...

how to transfer log files between servers and search these log files?
Hi Everyone, I have one Windows server.I have five Linux servers.These five Linux servers produces log files. Each log files contains informations such as domain name, first name, last name, etc. Question 1: Can I write an ASP.NET application for the Windows server so that this ASP.NET application can transfer all the specified date(from 05/22/2006 to 06/22/2006) log files from these five Linux servers to the Windowns server?  If so, how to write this ASP.NET applicationfor transfering log files? Question 2: After we transfter all the log files from these five Linux servers to the Wi...

Web resources about - An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Tests Allowing Users To Start Games Instantly, Bypass Permissions Dialog
Facebook game developers Zynga , Kixeye , and Electronic Arts reached agreements with Facebook to test a new “start now” feature, that allows ...

Why is the Messenger app requesting permission to access features on my Android phone or tablet? - Facebook-Hilfebereich ...
If you install the Messenger app on your Android, your phone or tablet should let you know that the app is asking for your permission to access... ...

Permissions Reference - Facebook-Entwickler
When a user authenticates your application, by default, your app gets the ability to read only the u...

Facebook tests ‘start now’ option to allow users to begin playing games without authorizing permissions ...
Some Facebook canvas games are testing a new “start now” function to let users begin playing games immediately without the roadblock of a permissions ...

OOPS: without Permission, Paul Ryan and Family Show Up Washing Clean Dishes at Ohio Soup Kitchen - YouTube ...
The head of a charity in Ohio is not pleased with Paul Ryan's photo op at a soup kitchen in Ohio, saying that the Romney campaign "ramrodded ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

LeBron James sought sons' permission before his return to Ohio
Before LeBron James could return home to the Cavaliers, he first had to clear it with his children.

Jacqui Lambie shares another misappropriated image without permission
Senator Jacqui Lambie has been criticised for sharing a heavily altered Canberra Times cartoon to suit her own political campaign.