Admin can't see 'Edit Text' control at the bottom of editable modules

I have an admin who can't see the module level Edit command when logged into her machine.  If she changes to another machine, and logs in with the same account, it is fine, but from her machine she can't see the "edit" text or the pencil or the settings icon for any module.  She can see the Admin controls at the top, but the modules themselves seem to have no edit controls.

There are no appreciable differences between the machines, that I know of.  They are build from the same Ghost image.  Obviously something is different but I have no clue what it would be.  Any thoughts?

sempf

Preview mode maybe?

Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1

Can't edit text in the 'Basic text Box' OR 'Rich Text Editor'
have, DNN 3.0.13 installed on Windows server 2003have tried sitting at the server and on a workstationI first tried to edit the text on the home page, the text editor shows up but it is empty/blank, I couldn't put my cursor in the text area and type anything.I have also tried to create a new page and try to edit a text area, same problem.....I have also tried to use the events module and tried to add an event, same problem...PS. preview in not on.Thanks in advance, Peter What browser are you using?Are you using a custom skin?Icthus TechnologiesBuilding Faith on the Internet Im havi...

Getting a strange error when trying to edit a module. See bottom post. No 'Edit Webfilter Settings' menu option is showing up in the Actions Menu either...
Hey folks: Well, I've been working on a module for my writers' website.  I created a dnn file, went to Module Definitions, browsed and added it, and then went to upload it.  Got this error: StartJob Reading files Info Loading ewriters.WebFilter.dllì< Failure ExceptionICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.ZipException: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.DeflaterHuffman.BitReverse(Int32 toReverse) at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression. InflaterHuffmanTree.BuildTree(Byte[] codeLengths) at I...

Can't see the 'Move Up', 'Move Down', Move to Top' etc. Module Menu items.
Hey all: I've just started finally putting my first website together. But I've noticed something strange. When I'm on the Admin or Host menu, the module menus show the 'move up' move down', move top', etc menu items. However, *none* of my other tabs with multiple modules in a pane show any way of moving the module up or down. It's very disconcerting, because once I place a module, I have no way of moving it up or down, like I normally could. I *can* move it from pane to pane, if the skin for that tab is a multi-pane skin. But I can't move a module up or down. Also, I added an Eve...

Can't terminate an application in the 'except' portion of a 'try..except' [Edit]
I'm a long time Delphi 5 user, recently switched to Delphi XE... and I'm having trouble getting a program to terminate if an exception is raised. Here's the code: procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin try DFCom.Open except showmessage('Invalid Com Port number'); application.Terminate; end; end; In this code, 'DFCom' is an async serial port device. If the exceptino occurs, I want to notify the user via the 'showmessage' mechanism, and then abort the program. When I run this (with an invalid port number assigned to...

cannot see 'Edit text' in TEXT/HTMl module
hii cannot see edit text in my text/html module when i use it.its happenign only suddenly becaue till yesterdya i had been using hte module and i could se it?anything missing?thanks Check the control panel preview button. You are probably in preview mode.John M. i dont see edit text import content export content syndicate rest of the options i can see: help online help settings delete move...

Can't edit pages. 'DotNetNuke.BasePage' Error Ps: I tried every advice
Hi all, This is the error. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The file failed to load in the Web Form designer. Please correct the following error, then load it again: The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes with it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: DesktopDefault --- The bse class 'BotNetNuke.BasePage' could not be loaded. Ensure the assebly has been referenced or build if it is part of the project. ----------------------------...

I can add a property just fine, but I can't 'Edit'
Here is my dilemma. Our company has three levels of user - Exec, Staff, and Nonperson (i.e. an account that represents a role and not an individual - such as 'administrator'). Currently this information is in nested groups - i.e. there is an 'Exec' group that contains 'ny-exec' and 'la-exec', etc. I wrote a script that set the 'employeeType' attribute for members of one of these groups. This code worked fine, here is a snippet: Dim type As String = IIf(exec.Checked, "Executive", "Staff") Dim individual As DirectoryEntry = root 'Root is the person's ...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''''

Web resources about - Admin can't see 'Edit Text' control at the bottom of editable modules - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started