2.1.2 - CDO error cannot send any emails from DNN

I recently moved three of my working DNN sites to a new server.  I discovered that after the move..NONE of my emails from the DNN sites work.  I get this error when I try to send an email through the bulk email feature:

 ErrorCode: -2147467259
Message: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.
InnerException: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040220): The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args)
TargetSite: System.Object CallMethod(System.Object, System.String, System.Object[])
StackTrace: at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) at System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) at DotNetNuke.Globals.SendMail(String From, String To, String Cc, String Bcc, MailPriority Priority, String Subject, MailFormat BodyFormat, Encoding BodyEncoding, String Body, String Attachment, String SMTPServer, String SMTPUsername, String SMTPPassword)
HelpLink:
Source: System.Web

1. I have tested the domain sending email by putting in a small asp.net application onto my namespace and sending email with it...which worked fine.

2.  I have tried changing the values in the webconfig file from mail.my-domain.com to the IP address, I have also tried changing it to localhost.

I am at a loss as to why this is happening.  Anyone have any ideas?

I couldnt find another person with the exact CDO error that I have of "the SendUsing Configuration value is invalid".

Thanks for your help.

0
mycah

Sorry, You didn't say you checked the mail settings in the host settings. Just checking.
John

Free DotNetNuke News, Tips, Strategies and more.
www.dotnetnukesites.com
0
phr0ze
5/9/2005 4:51:22 PM
I got the issue solved.  I had never put any smtp server settings
into the host settings....my sites worked fine before with just the
smtp settings in the webconfig file.

That was what did it for me.

mycah

where to get dnn 2.0.2 (not 2.0.1 beta 2)
where can i get the new version? on dotnetnuke.com there is only version "dotnetnuke 2.0.1 (beta 2)" for download. but the protal is running on 2.0.2 ... other question: 2.0.1 b2 is running on access and (other ver.) on mssql. the access-powerde version ist mutch slower; not only a bit; it's nearly not pos. the work with it. why? 1) 2.0.2 is not yet available for download. As soon as it is, you will see it on the download page at DotNetNuke. 2) The MS Access version was created to prove the validity of the DataProvider model. Jet SQL is very limited compared to T-SQL and...

DNN 2.1.2
Hey all I am having some problems with a site I made with DNN 2.1.2. Right now it's running with Access but with a stable release of DNN3 I will upgrade it to v3 with SQL Server. But the problem I have is that sometimes, all of a sudden, the site isn't available. It isn't a problem with the host because other (non-DNN) folders and files are accessible through HTTP and FTP. I had this problem before and a possible solution was to run keepalive.aspx from master.com (as suggested in another post). But this didn't work out. So I thought the log-viewer should get me further: 1...

DNN 2.1.2 Installation .Net Framework Assembly Errors
Before installing new releases on my production servers I always test first on my development boxes as a good rule of thumb. DNN 2.1.2 Installed without any trouble on my Desktop machine. Note: I love the new skin administrator. However, I was ready to pull my hair out when upgrading my other Development box, an Alienware Area 51 Laptop. The error message I was getting was rather confusing but referenced the machine.config file and was giving me an Access Denied error for the Scheduler's SQLDataprovider. This clued me in that the problem might be something to do with permissions....

Sending Bulk Email from the Admin tab
Hi I have a question about the above and what FROM address is used. Having sent various bulk e-mails it would appear that neither the Portal Admin account nor the Host account addresses are used. Does anyone happen to know where the FROM address details are stored? Many thanks in advance Regards...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2 #2
Is DotNetNuke 2.1.2 compatible with SQL Server 2005? Do I need to upgrade to 3.x or 4.x with SQL Server 2005?...

Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2
I am trying to upgrade from dnn version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. Following the exact instructions included in the 3.2.2 package I recieve the following error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ?Source Error: Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> Line 257: &...

Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error
I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws; Edit Text/HTML    Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at Sys...

DNN 2.0.4 to 2.1.2
I have recently upgraded to 2.1.2 on my test box and am getting an error... Whenever I try to edit the module settings for any module I get the following: Error loading module DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DotNetNuke\admin\Skins\Skin.vb:line 574 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- Have any of you seen...

DNN 2.1.2 DotNetNuke.PurgeUsersOnline error message ... Input string was not in a correct format.
Have been running this site for almost one year without issue. For some reason in the last few weeks we receive this error when the scheduler tries to purge online users. This is the only scheduled task giving an issue. We have moved this site from one box to another in the last six weeks but the server name and IP address remained the same. The SQL server db remained in the same location on a separate server as we are using a cluster. I am not positive but I think the purge has worked correctly site the site move. First - The Log shows a Sheduler Event Failure:THREAD ID: 73TYPE: DotNet...

DNN 2.1.2 Error
I've had a user experience a failure on a 2.1.2 site that is otherwise running fine. The site is still up, nobody else is having problems. Here's the error he got: Server Error in '/' Application. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Invalid file name for monitoring: 'c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\macounwr\dnn2\~'. File names for monitoring must have absolute paths, and no wildcards. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error ...

Error with DNN 2.1.2
When trying to Edit a Schedule I'm getting the following error message: DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: ? ---> System.BadImageFormatException: ? File name: "dsofile.dll" at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFil...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error
Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message. Please help. Server Error in '/psg' Application. A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.Source Error: An unhandled e...

DNN upgrade error from 2.0.4 to 2.1.1
Whenever I follow the upgrade instructions (Make a backup of your old files / database, Copy the new files over the old files, Change the web.config to set your database, Browse to the site) , it takes me straight to the default DNN page, without any indications as to the data that already exists. It works properly when I copy DNN 2.0.4 back over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As the previous post below, There are some issues with the upgrade path and the core team has indeed identified them. Please if you can live with 2.0.4 stay there till the patch release 2.1.2 in a few days. ...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Web resources about - 2.1.2 - CDO error cannot send any emails from DNN - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

2016 presidential debates: Lester Holt and Andrea Mitchell shine, YouTube doesn't - POLITICO
Awkward videos mar an impressive performance by NBC's veteran anchors.

Netflix Announces 11 New Series Premiere Dates
MovieWeb Netflix Announces 11 New Series Premiere Dates MovieWeb The series also stars David Sullivan , Ruth Kearney and George Basil. Executive ...

Matt Damon & Luciana, in Naeem Khan at the Critics’ Choice: striking or showgirl?
Matt Damon had a lot of cutaways last night during a somewhat tedious ceremony. The host bits, by Silicon Valley’s T.J. Miller, were really lame, ...

UK Parliament to Formally Debate Banning Donald Trump Today
UK’s Parliament will formally debate banning Donald Trump from the country over his remarks about Muslims after a petition calling for him to ...

Why the Carolina Panthers can beat the Arizona Cardinals in NFC title game
Three reasons why the Carolina Panthers can beat the Arizona Cardinals in next Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

Apple Honors Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. With Homepage Tribute
Apple today has commemorated Martin Luther King, Jr. Day with a full homepage tribute on the company's website. The image on the site is accompanied ...

Microsoft is working with some of its biggest partners to kill Windows 7 and 8
Microsoft is working with Intel, AMD, nVidia, and Qualcomm to support Windows 10 at a chipset level, effectively killing the future of Windows ...

Burkina Faso and Mali to coordinate forces after deadly attacks
By Matthew Mpoke Bigg and Nadoun Coulibaly OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Burkina Faso and Mali have agreed to work together to counter the growing ...

NFL Playoffs Patriots vs Broncos: Tom Brady, New England Much Better Now than ...
Pats Pulpit NFL Playoffs Patriots vs Broncos: Tom Brady, New England Much Better Now than ... Pats Pulpit Four starting offensive lineman ...

Djokovic plays down fixing in tennis
World number one Novak Djokovic says match-fixing is not prevalent at the top level, as the Australian Open gets under way.