What is this for? "<label style=""display:none;"" for=""" & cboFieldType.ClientID.ToString & """>Type</label>"

I'm digging through the code of DNN and I found many ocurrences of this type of code:

lblFieldType.Text = "<label style=""display:none;"" for=""" & cboFieldType.ClientID.ToString & """>Type</label>"

What is that code for? The label is never displayed and I could not figure out what DDN uses it for.
thank you
0
emiliodabdoub
9/19/2003 2:13:01 AM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework 1237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is for ADA compliance. The guidelines require that form elements have an associated label. This helps the text readers out with identifying the different parts of the form.

Bruce
DynamicVB.Net
0
bhopkins

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

"<->" as "->" with automatic "is rw"
I like that arguments will be readonly by default. But when I look at my current code, I see that I would be typing " is rw" quite a lot, which in my opinion is too long for a thing that occurs very often. Every such situation in my code is a foreach loop. A thing that in Perl 6 will mostly be used with the pointy sub declaration syntax. If I'm not mistaken, <-> is still available. It communicates "bidirectional" and that is more or less the same as read/write access. I'm proposing for zip(@foos, @bars, @xyzzies) <-> $foo, $bar, $xyzz...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Query performance of "=" vs "<" and ">"
Suppose you have a large table (>5 million records) containing 15 columns including a numerical string column called ACTIVITY_DATE which is indexed (nonunique, nonclustered) and a numerical string column called TIMESTAMP which is indexed (nonunique,nonclustered). ACTIVITY_DATE contains a date string ('20081211'); TIMESTAMP also appends a time ('20081211 19:18:03.34923'). Suppose you want to return all events that took place on December 11th and suppose you had to choose between the following queries: - select col1,col2,col3 from TABLE where ACTIVITY_DATE='2...

Query performance of "=" vs "<" and ">"
[This is a repost from ase.general] Suppose you have a large table (>5 million records) containing 15 columns including a numerical string column called ACTIVITY_DATE which is indexed (nonunique, nonclustered) and a numerical string column called TIMESTAMP which is indexed (nonunique,nonclustered). ACTIVITY_DATE contains a date string ('20081211'); TIMESTAMP also appends a time ('20081211 19:18:03.34923'). Suppose you want to return all events that took place on December 11th and suppose you had to choose between the following queries: - select col1,col2,col...

what's the different from "<page src="">" and "<page codeBehind="">"
what's the different from "<page src="">" and "<page codeBehind="">" Thank YOU how to make session' life longer? Thank You This very question was asked only 5 days ago. Searching the forums would have yielded the answer you require. However, see this thread. Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion You can set a new value for the Session Timeout in your web.config file. Or, you can do it in a page through this property: Session.Timeout Note that if you choose the second method, the timeout will only be modified on this page,...

replace the "." with a ","

double quote

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Me" is better than "You"

"To" and "From" missing

Web resources about - What is this for? "<label style=""display:none;"" for=""" & cboFieldType.ClientID.ToString & """>Type</label>" - asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework