Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question

In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas?

MSobey
12/13/2005 2:52:41 PM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework 1237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Manage users and roles for users
Hi. I want to know how can i manage my users and users roles on my hosted website. I want that admin controls (when i log in as admin) allow me to change users roles and other stuff. Any1 have any guide or know any website that teach how to create a "admin.aspx" page to manage users and roles? thx Do you have the schema ready ? If yes, are you willing to change the schema ? Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 ? If yes, you can easily do this using the administration tool in ASP.NET 2.0.                 &n...

Question about custom User and Role Management
Hi everybody,I have a Question about a custom Membership system,here is the description :I want to save some information about my Users that there are not in the default aspnet_membership and aspnet_users table ASP.Net Membership DB and also in CreateUserWizardcontrol, such as Firstname, Lastname, Phone, Address , .... So I decided to create a simple and custom Table for myown and store the complete information of my users in it. Username,Passowrd,Firstname,Lastname .... Also Simple Login Form with a simple query to find if theentered data for login is valid or not ! and use this line ofc...

Question about managing users and roles internally
Hello there, Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 ...

Web Parts with user management and roles question
I have a page i put together using web parts and the database is running on ms sql 2005. Can anyone point me to a place explaining how to tie web parts/personilization to user management and roles?  I want there info to be stored (like iGoogle) wen you login it brings your last configuration up.   thanksApplciation Developer Basically all Changes made by the User in the webparts are automatically saved to the Database.. Thats personalization.. You dont have to write anything in your codes to store the informations in the database not unless if you will extend or add you ...

Membership and Role Management
Hello, I've configured SQL server 2005 as my back-end data store via aspnet_regsql.exe. I presume it was succesvol. Creating users en roles programmatically is no problem. When I start the Web Site Administration Tool I can see the created users and roles. But when I want to show them by code I get an empty result. ... ... Roles.GetAllRoles()...... membership.GetAllUsers() The roleManager is enabled in web.config.<roleManager defaultProvider="SqlProvider" enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="true" cookieName=".ASPROLES" cookieTimeout="30" cookiePath="/" cookieRequireSS...

User Management Role
Hi, I am trying to create a role that will allow creation and deletion of user objects without the rights to override the ZENworks policy settings. I am having a problem with this in that the creating account is automatically made a trustee of the new account - therefore gaining full control over the account. If I manually remove the trustee assignment, the rights I have configured work fine. Is there a way (by manipulating and restricting NDS properties) to stop this trustee assignment from being granted in the first place? Any help would be appreciated. Kevin Fur...

Manage users and roles
 Hi,I am new to ASP.net. I am suppose to have security around a site where I should be able to manage the users and  roles. I do not want to use web administration tool because i would have to use that locally and if i want someone else to manage it for me, i can't do that. Is there any simple way where I can create my own web administration tool to manage the users and roles for my site?  Hi check this link http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/101806-1.aspx it will help you or try this example to display All Users data in Gridview * ManageUsers.aspx<scrip...

User/role management
How do you deny all access to a folder and redirect all attempts at accessing this folder to a loginpage? i was trying <authorization><deny users="test/" /></authorization>   but that dosent seem to be working <location path="/test">  <system.web>     <authorization>         <deny users="?"/>    </authorization>  </system.web></location>  JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters...

Managing users and roles. How do you do it ?
I have about 8000 users I need to manage.  Everything I use seems to time out before I get the results.  The dnnmasters module times out 99% of the time when I am trying to get search for users by role.  I also try to get to those users through the security role feature in the DNN 3.2.2 core.  Is anyone else having this problem ?  Any idea how to fix it ?  How do you all change user roles ? Also, I don't see any forum for any User/Role module being worked on.  This is extremely frustrating. ...

Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users)
Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users) or Can we limit the features by default exposed to admin?  e.g. (File manager)  ...

Few questions about making role andd users admin manager
Hi ,I am making role and users admin manager and i wonder how can i do some things that can be done in the admin tool.1) get the users list by first letter.2) get only users that are approved.3) what is the right way to show users details combine with their profile data in a gridview to manage their data.4) can i use the web admin tool code ?Thanks Softy...

allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc
Hi Hi All Im looking for a solution which will allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc, so that the registered primary user becomes an administrator for the other users they create.   In short, I am not good enough to create this my self, so if anyone knows of an off the shelf solution that  exists, or what this type of thing is know as so I can find it via a web search, I’d be most grateful as I’m not having much luck so far   Thanks   odxsigma   Hello yes , there is somethi...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

Role management and Authentication questions / Quering data based on user's log in information
I am developing a web site which will consist of the following components: * FlexChart (Flash application) * WebService to pass data to the FlexChart in XML format. * Role management (I may use the build in database of .net for role/management security) * Database structure which will be quiried by the web service.  I need some serious help and here are the questions I have on how to make it work.  When a user logs in to the web site I need to determine what role he/she belongs to and take his cridential to call the right method on the webservice to query the right data fo...

Web resources about - Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question - asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework

New questions about San Bernardino shooters
The FBI says that the couple was radicalized and took target practice before the shooting. Melissa Chan reports.

Astronomers question claim of super planet found at solar system’s edge
The ALMA Telescope’s antennas are seen under a starry night sky. (credit: Christoph Malin) Scientists and amateur astronomers have long been ...

Submit your questions for Autoblog Podcast #458
Filed under: Podcasts On Episode #458 of the Autoblog Podcast, we'll discuss (argue about) the 2015 North American Car and Truck/Utility of the ...

If you want to work for Amazon, you'd better be able to answer these questions
Amazon is the world's largest online retailer, selling everything from books to shampoo, and lots of people want to work there. We looked through ...

Report: Cruz questions Trump's "judgment" to be president
At a private fundraiser, Cruz remarked on Trump and Carson and their preparedness to be commander-in-chief, according to the New York Times

CEO Of Mainstream Renewable Power Questions Funding Decarbonization
Eddie O’Connor, the CEO of Mainstream Renewable Power, has called into question the need to financially support the decarbonization of economies ...

IDG Contributor Network: Stretch, tackle and question: One CTO's career advice
Dr. Darlene Solomon is chief technology officer for Agilent Technologies , advancing chemical and biological measurements in the life sciences, ...

Mental competency of Planned Parenthood shooter in question after repeated outbursts
Repeated outbursts by the suspected Planned Parenthood shooter during his second court appearance Wednesday could force the judge to consider ...

How Answering A Simple Question Makes You An Easy Target For Identity Thieves
Think you're safe from identity theft? Think again. Answering just one simple question ("What's your Social Security Number?") can put you at ...