I get Server Error in '/' Application. when trying to upgrade to 3.1.1

The permissions did get screwed up but I went back and added aspnet with full control and I still get the above error.  Anybody got a clue?

0
lewey
9/22/2005 3:02:50 AM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework 1237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What's the remainder of the error message?

In web.config you can set CustomErrors="Off", in IE Tools|Internet Options|Advanced check Show Friendly Error messages, or right click on the page and view source to see if you can find additional information to help diagnose your problem.

Dwayne J. Baldwin
0
djbaldwin
9/22/2005 10:44:27 AM

Access to the path "E:\Inetpub\Websites\pinnaclecomputerservice.biz\Install\Install.htm" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "E:\Inetpub\Websites\pinnaclecomputerservice.biz\Install\Install.htm" is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "E:\Inetpub\Websites\pinnaclecomputerservice.biz\Install\Install.htm" is denied.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
   System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) +345
   DotNetNuke.Common.Utilities.HtmlUtils.WriteHeader(HttpResponse response, String mode) +177
   DotNetNuke.Framework.Install.UpgradeApplication() +41
   DotNetNuke.Framework.Install.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +286

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300
0
lewey
9/22/2005 11:53:44 AM
 lewey wrote:
ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

There is your answer, depending on whether you are using IIS5 (ASPNET) or IIS6 (Network Service). You might want to specifically check E:\Inetpub\Websites\pinnaclecomputerservice.biz\Install as the permission may not be applied to the child folders properly.

If you follow the installation instructions, you will find that DotNetNuke requires write access to certain folders, for example with Windows 2003, you can just give NT AUTHORITY\Network Service read/write and change permissions on the DotNetNuke root folder.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Dwayne J. Baldwin
0
djbaldwin

Why I can't login in 'host' or 'admin' account when i upgrade to 3.1.1 from 3.1.0
Hi,I unzip DNN3.1.1 package and conver to my DNN original directory (ver 3.1.0) and install successfully.But when i login in 'host' or 'admin' account, it display 'Login Failed' ,so i tried to clean cookies in IE and also delete my portal aliases in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\. But it still can't login by any account.Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I can't swear to this, but it seems I've had problems in the past with account resets in this situation. Have you tried logging in as Host with the default password "host"...

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

Getting 'Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.' when attempting to load NET 1.1 app in IIS
 Hi all,I am getting this message that is pointing to the web.config at INETPUB\WWWROOT\. I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 installed and was able to run .NET 1.1 apps fine through my local IIS up until 3 weeks ago. I am not sure what has changed, so cant really pinpoint where the problem may have originated.I have run aspnet_regiss -r to updated the scriptmaps for .1.1 but I still get the problem?I also have the ASP.NET tab of the applications virtual directory pointing at NET 1.1. and all the ASP.NET tab of the 'default website' set to .NET 1.1.Also, my .NET 2.0 apps work fine...

My VS.Net 2003 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'
Sorry, but I English is a cheet!!!I like to know the because of error when I try to create a project web:The Web Server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project locatec at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.I tried make the following command's:iisreset /stopnet user ASPNET /deleteapsnet_regiis -iiisreset /startBut continue made same thing.Thankful by attention!Luidy Morais NavesComputer Science This error occurs due to many reasons and I think you have considered most of the options. You may want...

Version 3.1 clean install
 Just dowloaded and installed Version 3.1.  What do I need to look for I got the following error, I also noticed that there is no web.config in the install package; is that put in after the install?  Server Error in '/' Application. Server cannot access application directory 'C:\WebSites\DNN\DotNetNuke_3.1.0_Install\'. The directory does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it o...

http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
The Web server reported the following error when attempting tocreate or open the Web project located at the following URL:'http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.i am using xp professional,sql 7.0,.net 1.1                       PLEASE HELP ME                                    ...

help me please, 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error' dialog when trying to copy project!!
Hello Every body, I hope you are fine and healthy, My problem is that When I try to copy my project to the main server, (by Project > Copy Project from the menu) .. The message 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error' appears immediately Ofcourse this is in Visual Studio .Net 2003 ..and Microsoft .Net 1.1 framework, this is only when I try to copy the project in the main server that is in the internet, but it's worked fine with the local server (Intranet) .. do you know why this problem happens? I hope to hear from you soon, pleaaase :( Thank you for reading my problem The Pr...

IDM 3.5.1
We get a script error resolving the recipient's data values. "Script error evaluating expression [IDVault.get(recipient , 'user2', 'cN')]" If we use "initiator" instead of "recipient" it works fine. What could go wrong? Thanks Rudi That's what the jboss-log points out: ------------------------------------ Activity: start, Recipient: CN=satest,OU=TRANSIT,O=CORPDIR, Secondary User: null 17:39:39,451 INFO [LogEvent] [Workflow_Forwarded] Initiated by System, Process ID: a815b090400049dc8eac8a5243ced5d4, Process Name: CN=New-S...

webhost4life
Receiving the following error. Been running dnn2.1.2 successfully and am trying to upgrade. Unzipped dnn3.0.12 to local drive and ftp'd to wh4l site - my root directory. Changed webconfig to point to existing MS SQL database formed originally under dnn2.1.2 No third party applications are in use. The dnn.config file is not presently in the /install folder. Help please. Roy   Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error de...

ISAPI 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v.1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll' reported itself as unhealthy for the following reason: 'Deadlock detected'.
In our web application we are calling different XML Webservices and make approximately 25 calls every 10 minutes. We use a separate thread to call a the webservice (Crawler) and populate our cache -- our application then retrieves the data from the Cache -- the cache is set to expire in approximately 25 minutes -- but since the Crawler populates the cache every 10 minutes with the new data -- thus it never expires. In above scenario -- our webserver seems to stop responding after some hours and we noticed that somehow requests to Webservices were ...

When trying to connect to a datasource I get error server error in '/Test Data' Application
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Source Error: Line 29: { Line 30: // fill teh data set. Line 31: oleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet21); Line 32: // Update teh DataGrid Line 33: DataGrid1.DataBind();David StoutSystems ProgrammerRegency Homesragbrai65@yahoo.com could you post your code in particular the connection string. using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; u...

Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application #3
I've successfully installed and configured DotNetNuke, including creation of the SQL database. When I try to create a child portal, I get the following: Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (_ctl0:cboTemplate="<None Specified>") Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can ...

Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. #3
Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'data'Line 19: <data defaultProvider="SqlDataProvider">Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573 I'm just left scratching my head over why something required like the data tag isn't being recognized when I have the latest version of .NetAny ideas on what could be wrong? Did this all the sudden start happening or have you not been able to get it set up at all?-Tony ValentiPowerDNN Hosting is the bestEliminate DNN Startup Lag I wasn't able to get it to install. But I f...

Web resources about - I get Server Error in '/' Application. when trying to upgrade to 3.1.1 - asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...