dnn311: 1 db, multiple installations --> error on second install

Hi there,

Does anyone recognize the following (and have a solution for it?):

- one msSqlserver Database
- two dnn311 installations i.e.: 2 filedirectories, 2 virtual directories (same (web)server, different webadresses)

-  in the web.config files - sqldataproviders: two different objectQualifiers "demo_" and "dnn3_", one per web.config file

Installation of first site is ok. (http://local/dnn311)
Installation of second site errors. (http://local/dnn311demo).

1. Errormessage:

00:00:10.995 - Executing Additional Scripts:
00:00:10.995 -   Creating Portal: My Website

00:00:12.187 -   Error: INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_demo_TabPermission_demo_Permission'. The conflict occurred in database 'Dnn311', table 'demo_Permission', column 'PermissionID'. The statement has been terminated.

00:00:12.187 -   Portal failed to install:
00:00:12.187 - Installing Optional Resources:

Installation Complete

2. Next step to go to portal, error:

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings.GetPortalSettings(Int32 TabId, PortalAliasInfo objPortalAliasInfo) +127
   DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings..ctor(Int32 tabId, PortalAliasInfo objPortalAliasInfo) +93
   DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule.OnBeginRequest(Object s, EventArgs e) +3720
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

Any ideas on this?
Thanks already..........

FwsMaster,

http://www.dotnetnukes.com
http://www.dotnetnukes.info

Fws Dotnetnukes: CMS - Modules - Info & backgrounds - powered by Dotnetnuke.
0
fwsmaster
9/17/2005 9:00:14 PM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework 1237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you trying to run more than one site of the same codebase? Is that your idea?

Nina Meiers

Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
9/18/2005 11:01:45 PM
The idea is to run two separate websites of of one shared database:
- two different "codebases" (i.e. 2 different physical directories)
- two diffent virtual directories
each site with it's own complete setup.

The way to separate the tables in the database is to use different objectqualifiers in the web.config files.
This worked fine with the combined use of a 1.0.10e and 2.0 version in one database. However after several attemps to setup two dnn 3.1.1. sites with one db, I still get the error on the installation of the second site, as mentioned above.

At first i thought it may be the aspnet_ tables that don't use the objectqualifier, and are somehow shared by the two installations. But the error points to different tables.

Maybe you have some suggestions where to go from here?

Thanks already,
Fwsmaster

FwsMaster,

http://www.dotnetnukes.com
http://www.dotnetnukes.info

Fws Dotnetnukes: CMS - Modules - Info & backgrounds - powered by Dotnetnuke.
0
fwsmaster
9/19/2005 4:51:43 PM
There is a problem with some indexes and the objectQualifier
The problems were discussed in another thread (which I cannot find at the moment).
Geert Veenstra
0
Geert
9/19/2005 7:05:42 PM
Thanks for getting me into the right direction. I found a previous post on indexes and obejctqualifiers way back in march 2004, but it helped me solve my problem. The two 3.1.1. sites are running of one database now.

Solution:
- the file "DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider" (directory: providers/ dataproviders/sqldataproviders) --> every time a constaint is mentioned its name should contain an objectqualifier
e.g.
ALTER TABLE {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}SearchItemWord] ADD CONSTRAINT [PK_{objectQualifier}SearchItemWords] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED  ([SearchItemWordID])

This however is not always the case in a number of lines. Just ad {objectQualifier} after PK_ and it will get rid of the installationerrors.
One way of finding this out was to check the installation log files that are created during the install. You can find them in the same directory as the DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider file.

One final remark:
- i'm no programmer and hope this is a "legal" move to get the installs done, that is: shouldn't this be corrected in the official install files of DNN or was/ is there some reason to leave out the objectqualifier in a number of cases in the Schema file.

Cheers,

FwsMaster,

http://www.dotnetnukes.com
http://www.dotnetnukes.info

Fws Dotnetnukes: CMS - Modules - Info & backgrounds - powered by Dotnetnuke.
0
fwsmaster

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Error installing .NET Framework 1.1
In installing the .NET Framework 1.1, I get the following error before the installation dumps: Internal Error 2755. 1601, C:\DOCUME~1\..........\Temp\1\IXP000.TMP\netfx.msi I checked through various posts here and usenet on this so far. I've trying reinstalling the Windows Intaller 2.0 (wouldn't let me -- said was already installed). I've done this from both the Windows Update and the downloadable installation file. I have Win2k Server, with SP4 installed. This server has never had a previous version of the framework installed. Any idea on what I can do about th...

Can I install dot net framework 2 if 1.1 is already installed?
I notice my development laptop has dot net Framework (presume 1.0) and dot net Framework 1.1 installed. I'd like to start gettting familiar with dot net Framework 2. Can I add this in or do I need to uninstall the 1.x versions first? I presume that my previous dot net framework 1.x apps will still function if I install dot net Framework 2. Is this the case? Thanks, For sure you can have both on one machine. Just install the .NET framework 2.0, then you will have an additional tab in the IIS  MMC, which allows you to specify the framework each application would under. Regards ...

error when trying to install .net framework sdk 1.1
Hi! I've downloaded the .net framework setup sdk version 1.1 from the microsoft website. When I try running the setup.exe file, an error message appears reading: setup.exe is not a valid win32 application. If someone can help me on this issue, I would be very greatful. Thank You Hi, Is your operating system a 64-bit version? If so, check 64-Bit .NET Framework Development Tools. You need the 64-bit .NET Framework SDK and Visual Studio 2005. Hope it helps. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh I still cannot use Visual Studio- I keep being told that I have...

Install Framework 1.1 after Framework 2.0 already installed?
Is there any conflicts installing framework 1.1 on a server after framework 2.0 is already installed?  I have an application that can only run on version 1.1 and I only have 2.0 installed.  Do I have to rollback 2.0 and install 1.1 first or should it be ok? They are individual, can run side by side and can be installed in any order.  Make sure you set the app to run in the correct framework. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I've installed in this ...

question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1). 1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed. 2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place Question 2: The installation ...

Installation of Application Center 2000, with Visual Studio 2003, Framework 1.1 installed in the Windows 2003 Server Installed.
I am trying to Install the Application Center 2000 in the Windows 2003 Server with the Visual Studio 7.0 installed in it. I am getting the error message that--- " The Installation is not supported by this Version of Window" --- where as in the sites it is written that Application center 2000 works best with the Windows 2003 Server, Enterprize Version. Please Help me with all the Details....

Installation of both .net framework 1.0 & 1.1
I've already installed .net Visual Studio 2002 into my server and by installing this it was also installed 1.0 .net framework SDK into my server I have already download the .net framework 1.1 not the SDK pack and installed it to my server.And my problem is that when I'm trying to open an ASP page to my server which have to do with database let's say MS ACCESS database it bring me this error: The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Installation of both .net framework 1.0 & 1.1
I've already installed .net Visual Studio 2002 into my server and by installing this it was also installed 1.0 .net framework SDK into my server I have already download the .net framework 1.1 not the SDK pack and installed it to my server.And my problem is that when I'm trying to open an ASP page to my server which have to do with database let's say MS ACCESS database it bring me this error: The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Installing multiple DNNs on single SQL Server DB causes install error
Just ran into this one: when installing a second DNN pointing to an existing SQL db already holding another DNN installation I get the following error during install:00:00:18.736 - Executing Additional Scripts:00:00:18.746 -   Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal00:00:19.758 -   Error: INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_DMXTest_TabPermission_DMXTest_Permission'. The conflict occurred in database 'DMXP', table 'DMXTest_Permission', column 'PermissionID'. The statement has been terminated.00:00:19.758 -  &n...

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Web resources about - dnn311: 1 db, multiple installations --> error on second install - asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

New Apple Campus 2 video shows installation of massive glass panels
... throughout Apple's Campus 2 construction site, showing extensive progress including the beginning of interior and exterior glazing installation ...

Martin Luther King Jr. art installation to commemorate Marquette Park march
Washington Post Martin Luther King Jr. art installation to commemorate Marquette Park march Chicago Tribune Sonja Henderson, artist with the ...

SolarCity Accounts For 1/3 Of US Residential Rooftop Installations In 2015
Originally published on Solar Love. 2015 has been a good year for SolarCity after tallying over one-third of all residential rooftop installations ...