DNN 3.2.2 New User Registration Sending Email to Wrong Users

This is the first time I've seen this, but I have a 3.2.2 site and it's just starting to get activity. I've had three different users register today and each got email confirmation from another user.

I am using UCanUseUserAttributes 2.05.05. I haven't noticed this sort of thing in the past, but does anyone have a clue as to why this is? It doesn't bode well for user confidence to receive confirmation email from another user.

Thanks
Tj

0
Swampboy
2/28/2006 2:56:40 AM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework 1237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tj,

You should contact the developer of "UCanUseUserAttributes".  If what you are saying can be duplicated then either you have configured "UCanUseUserAttributes" incorrectly or this module has a bug.

There has been no reported problem that we are aware of with the core DNN registration process.

mikez

0
mzns1

Moving Only User from DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.0.12
If I want to make a fresh installation with DNN 3.0.12 in which way I can move all people subscribe to my old DB (MSSQL)  in the new one ? Thanks. ...

New Users in DNN 2.1.2
I have found that I cannot duplicate a UserName across any portals hosted on the same DNN site. Is this the intended functionality. I can understand not duplicating username across a single portal, but for my installation, I cannot duplicate a username across any portal, even Parent portals. I would think there should be some link for a user to a portal, so that the same username could be used in a different portal. Any thoughts?Cliff------ This is done by default. Here is a snippet where I have explained this before: You can use the same email address as often as you want in the same or across portals. If user A is a member of portal 0, he/she can be added to portal 1 by being registered by an admin using the same username/password as portal 0 or by registering themselves by using the same username/password of portal 0. The user still only has one record. Now if I have a user B who is a member of portal 0, and someone else tries to register using B but passwords do not match, they are rejected. This will occurr in portal 0 or portal 1. So you see, the same username can be used across the portals if the password matches.Chris Paterra Thanks for the reply. But what is the basis for not allowing the same UserName (but for different users) in separate portals. If I have a user ljones in Portal 1, why should I not be able to have a user ljones in Portal 3, and this username be for 2 totally different users? Just curious. I would think the key would b...

New User Registration Issues 2.1.2
I am receiving the following message for a client portal hosted on WHFL. I get this exception from the new user registration module: "An Unexpected Error Occurred During Registration. Please Contact The Portal Administrator For Futher Information." No logging takes place. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Also, the portal was recently upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2. Thats when the issue started.Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken? Well, this is what I have found so far, Line number 269 of the UsersDB class is g...

New module
Module: ITSCS Manage Users 2.0.0 For DNN 1.0.10e and DNN 2.0.4 (with source) ITSCS Manage Users PRO v.2.0 allows for enhanced bulk and individual management of users and roles in DotNetNuke single or multi-portal setup. This Module is a must-have tool for portal administrators with large numbers of users and roles - especially in multiportal setups. Now you can: Search user database by: - Login, - First Name - Last Name - Email - Created Date - Authorized/not authorized - Portals (global search if user is host or portals that the user is admin...

DotNetNuke User Guide and Documentation for DNN 2.1.2
New SEO version of Marvin's DotNetNuke User Guides and Documentation are now available free online at http://portals.my-asp.net/Default.aspx?tabid=180. Part Three of My-ASP.Net's DotNetNuke Portal trilogy - Harmony Skin Design will be available shortly Use and Enjoy Marvin...

Update All Users Time Zones DNN 3.2.2
Anybody know how or where I can update the time zone for all my users as they are all getting set to UTC 00:00 even though the portal default time zone is set to UTC -06:00. This is an intranet website and only internal users are allowed so they all should be set to UTC -06:00. An SQL script woudl be fine. Thanks.Jerry J. Jansen As far as I can see, this value is encoded within the aspnet_profile table in PropertyValuesString and PropertyValuesBinary. You should use the membership provider to access and alter these Values.Sebastian Leupoldgamma concept mbHDeutschNetNuke = DotNetNuke in Ger...

DNN 2.1.2 - Users online module
Guys i am using Company Name - Users Online module and the problem i have is that it does not show the "People Online" part, all counts are zero.. Do i have to update some code? There is a stored procedure that needs to be changed in v2.1.2 in order to make this work correctly, but I don't have it documented any more.  Suggest deep searching these forums - you might specifically look under the author's (Scott McCulloch) posts here (his forum user name is smcculloch), or maybe the forum on his site at http://www.smcculloch.net  Good luck!Sam TannerEasy Template Skin...

Control the strength of the password for user registration. (DNN 2.1.2)
Can this be controlled further without having to edit any code and recompiling? Or does anyone know of any modules out there which replaces the current login and gives you more control. I am simply looking to control password length (minimum 8 chars) etc etc Many thanks!- FateFirst This may be what you are looking for http://www.snowcovered.com/snowcovered2/Default.aspx?tabid=166&uid=dnCnmcMCdNI%3d&CatalogItemID=1457&MasterCategoryID=16&SubCategoryID=50&pagenumber=1Dylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com ...

How to change user's Role on DNN 3.2.2
1. On DNN 3.2.2  when a user registers on my site He/she gets Administrator Role bu default.  How to change it so new user get "registered user"  Role? 2. I sign on as Admin, I go to users accounts, magane user role, there is no update button on this screen. So I can not change a role for a user?  How can I resolve this.   Thanks Ray   Are you trying to stop them from being publicly able to be administrators? I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do - hve you modified some of the security roles and set them to public or something? Nina Meiers...

DNN 2.1.2
I have added to new security roles to DNN that require custom registration forms with additional data collected specific to the users role and integration with Authorize.Net payment gateway.Thanks, Chad There are a few options like this available on snowcovered.com Chris Paterra I am aware of the modules on snowcovered and have paid for both skins and modules that didn't work out. The requirements are straight forward and I don't want to force a pre-existing solution rather than customize what is needed. Basically, I need to change the user registration to capture additional data, ...

SQL query to remove users from a role (DNN 3.2.2)
Does anyone have a query that would properly remove users with a certain email address from a specific security role (ie. Subscribers) I can't seem to do this right. Brad OylerW3Portals.com...

Framework 1.1 / DNN 3.2 and Framework 2 / DNN 4 Happy Co-existance
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this?I am attempting to run two environments on my machine (without a dual-boot, virtual machine, or similiar techniques).  So my assumption is I can get these two environments to co-exist happy on my developer machine (which is Windows XP Media Center 2005 with SQL Server 2000 developer edition and SQL Server 2005 express edition, plus IIS running as localhost). I get the following error message when launching DotNetNuke 4 for the 1st time.I have it set to use the older legacy SQL server 2000 localhost database and run DNN 4.  When it begins to st...

DNN 2.0.3
Currently portals cannot live in a totally separate user space - meaning if you try to create a username in a new portal that already exists in another portal, then 1 of 2 things will happen: 1. You will be told that there is already a user account with that username 2. if you use the same password on registration, it will quietly use the same username and create a "single signon" for the 2 portals. While I understand the concept, I really think this is a problem. We have more than one client who has expressed displeasure with the fact that they are using a new portal, and...

DNN 2.0.4 User Registration Email
I have just upgraded to DNN 2.0.4 and my new users are not getting the registration Email. I am getting the Email that says that they have registered. The bulk Email works. I have the User Registration set to Verified. Am I missing something? Please help me if you can. Keith After some more testing I have found that the bulk Email only works if I send it to myself. sorry, I'm new but did you setup an SMTP USER and SMTP Password in the host settings? I know exchange can be particular.JohnFree DotNetNuke News, Tips, Strategies and more.www.dotnetnukesites.com Yes I have. I got ...

DNN 3.1
HiI upgraded by 3.0.12 installation to 3.1 and everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to register a new user. I kept getting the message "User name already exists"I know for sure that the user name I was trying to register with definately does not exist.Anybody else had any similar issues?ThanksClassifieds, Events, News and Quiz module for DotNetNuke Anybody?Classifieds, Events, News and Quiz module for DotNetNuke OK, found another big thread http://forums.asp.net/924620/ShowPost.aspx Classifieds, Events, News and Quiz module for DotNetNuke...

Controlling Automatic Creation of New Users in DNN 3.2
 -- I posted this in the DNN AD forums, but figured I would also post it here for those who don't read those forums yet. All, Since DNN 3.2 has entered with tighter AD integration, I noticed one slight flaw in the archicture.  At least from my point of view. When a new user is authenticated via AD, the system checks if the user exists, if not it AUTOMATICALLY adds them as a user to the site. This is good for an internet site, or a company wide site, however for smaller departmental intranets, this can pose a problem as you don't want users from another department accessing your...

[wxperl-users] [RFC] Removing support for wxWindows 2.2 and 2.3
Hello, I, personally, don't think compatibility with wxWindows 2.2 is worth keeping (since wxWindows' team has dropped support for it), and while I am at it, it'd be nice to remove all the 2.3 compatibility: if someone, for any reason, can't switch to wxWindows 2.4, they can always use an older wxPerl version. Any comments? Regards Mattia --- Mattia Barbon <mbarbon@dsi.unive.it> wrote: > Hello, > I, personally, don't think compatibility with wxWindows 2.2 is worth keeping (since > wxWindows' team has dropped support for it), and while I am at it, it'd be > nice to remove all the 2.3 compatibility: if someone, for any reason, > can't switch to wxWindows 2.4, they can always use an older wxPerl version. > Any comments? Hear hear. I say go for it. It's like perl and unicode, if you want bigger and better things, you need the latest version ;) __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. http://search.yahoo.com ...

2.3.2 update failed on XP limited user, upgraded from Admin, but limited user still sees "upgrade failed"
On a Windows XP system my daughter uses, she runs SeaMonkey from a regular/limited user account. The 2.3.2 upgrade was attempted, but failed. I then performed the upgrade from an administrator account, successfully. However, when using the limited user account, SeaMonkey reports "upgrade failed" whenever it starts. Bob Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:48:37 -0400, /Bob Fleischer/: > On a Windows XP system my daughter uses, she runs SeaMonkey from a > regular/limited user account. The 2.3.2 upgrade was attempted, but > failed. I then performed the upgrade from an admi...

DotNetNuke 3.2 Vers 1.1 Framework Question on Creating users
Ok,here is my question..I need to wirte a seperate application (outside of DOtNetNuke) that will allow me to add users and their roles to the DNN database.....I search high and low  for what I need and can't seem to find it.I either need a way not to encry with the  hash(which I guess is default) or need to find what library and keys they are using to do this cause I am lost.....any help........My applicaiton must be seperate of this.... The classes you are looking for are the UserController and the UserInfo classes. The location of these files are "admin\Users\" The has...

ITSCS Manage Users 3.0 for DNN 2.x with Import/Export (new)
MODULE DESCRIPTION ***************************** “ITSCS Manage Users PRO 3.0” allows individual or bulk management of Users and Roles in DotNetNuke single or multi-portal setup with an option to share users among portals (manual and/or automatic Users & Roles replication) and Import/Export of users and/or roles. This module is a must-have tool for every DotNetNuke portal administrators with any number of users and roles - particularly in multiportal setup, but the Import/Export feature makes it simply indispensable for all DotNetNukers. WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSIO...

DNN 3.2 & Forum
Hello, I just started with DNN last week and this is my first post - please be gentle I remember reading late last week that there was a change in DNN 3.2 that caused this problem in the Forum module: A critical error has occurred. INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_Forum_ThreadsRead_Forum_Users'. The conflict occurred in database 'dnn1', table 'Forum_Users', column 'UserID'. insert The statement has been terminated. The poster said he would look into a fix but I haven't been able to find the original post.  Does anyone know the...

Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2
I am trying to upgrade from dnn version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. Following the exact instructions included in the 3.2.2 package I recieve the following error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ?Source Error: Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> Line 257: &...

Users online for DNN 2.1.2
Hi, Where can I download the module Users online for DNN 2.1.2 please thx RegardsDavid It's included with DNN 2.1.2. Look in the DesktopModules/UsersOnline folder for the installation PA zip. Nik Nik KalyaniSpeerio, Inc.[DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here] I haven't seen sorry, but I've installed it and there are errors : Error: CompanyName - Users Online is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'GetOnlineUserStatistics', database 'C111_dotnetnuke', owner 'dbo'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: EXECUT...

Are there user account changes in DNN 2.2?
I was wondering if DNN 2.2 will change how user accounts are done? I read on this forum that user accounts will now be unique to the portal versus the current user accounts being global to the entire DNN server. Is this true? If so, could somebody explain to me how one would migrate from DNN 2.1.2 to 2.2 if they have 100's of portals with users registered in all sorts of ways (registered on 1 portal or 10 portals etc). Thanks! It is true that the users are handled completely different in 2.2 vs. how it was done in 2.1.2. There are several changes such as how the data is stored, ...

Web resources about - DNN 3.2.2 New User Registration Sending Email to Wrong Users - asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework

Voter registration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is not compulsory, registering one's place of residence with some government agency is required, which automatically constitutes voter registration ...

Perth radiologist has registration cancelled after revelations he is facing sex assault charges in US ...
Dr Taylor practiced for five years after leaving the US and changing his name in NZ.

Time's Running Out for Ad Age Digital Conference Early-Bird Registration
How are the best brands and smartest marketers coping with the seismic, digitally-driven changes rocking advertising? How are industry innovators ...

Ohio attorney general rejects automatic voter registration petition on absurd technicality
... to Ohio attorney general Mike DeWine proposing an amendment to the Ohio Constitution that would have provided for automatic voter registration ...

$4 smartphone Freedom 251 receives 50 million registrations, to ship 2.5 million units
... over the puzzling contradictions of Ringing Bells’ Freedom 251, the Indian company reports that they have received almost 50 million registrations ...

New Bill Seeks Registration When Purchasing Prepaid Phones
Recently, it would seem as though the news has been littered with reports on the U.S. legal system and smartphones. Of course, most of this has ...

Registration-as-a-service makes for easier customer authentication
... customers happy is delivering effective authentication while maintaining security. Identity management company Gigya is releasing a new re ...

"Wisconsin finds a way to restrict voter registration in the name of expanding it."
That's the headline at Americablog , where criticizing Scott Walker is the norm . The new law provides for on-line voter registration. So what's ...

ACORN: Obama Campaign Voter Registrations Removed Prior to Ohio Primary
... and voters' rights organization True the Vote announced that it successfully worked with officials in Ohio to remove duplicate voter registrations ...

ACLU sues Kansas over proof of citizenship for DMV voter registrations
A new federal lawsuit charges thousands of Kansans seeking to vote while obtaining a driver's license have been illegally blocked, forced to ...