DNN 2.1.2: File Manager | Add File, multi-user problem

Hello and Thank you for taking a moment to read this ... and for your helpful replies.

I am experiencing a problem with the File Manager.  Specifically, when multiple users are more or less simultaneously uploading files, the WebUpload module appears to get confused about who is doing what - some people get files loaded into their portal that they did not select for upload, others get nothing uploaded and no errors.

I have looked at the code in the WebUpload module and suspect that the shared ArrayLists used to compile a group of files for a "batch upload" (arrFiles and arrTypes) are not being partitioned one to each session using the module creating a race condition on these lists.

I have done quite a lot of searching and don't see similar issues, so I am thinking that perhaps I have a configuration problem.  Any ideas?

Once again, thank you for your help.

Ken

0
Ken
10/3/2005 5:15:55 PM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework 1237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DNN 2.1.2 File Manager
Hi everyone, i have set a limit of 10MB on a portal (2.1.2) and the file manager only counts what has been uploaded via file manager, i am also using the  DNN Photo Album 1.04.00 which creates separate folders in the portal root and the content of these folders does not count towards the total disk space used.. Is there a way to fix that? )llllll)''''''...

.dnn file format for 2.1.2
Hi folks, Can someone please direct me to a complete spec for entries that can be put into a v2 compatible .dnn file. I have looked lots of places with no luck, but have had to limit myself to what I can find in samples. Gzep. Take a look in the <YourDNNRoot>\Admin\PAUploader. You should see a file called template.dnn.txt. That file outlines everything you can do in a .dnn file. Hope that helps, Will Thanks. I had found them all, after all. Gzep....

2.1.2 File upload problem
Trying to upload a large zip file (3,340Kb) Select file to upload Click Add browser seems to start upload after clicking Add. After about 2 minutes I get a page cannot be displayed error page. The address bar contains: http://www.mydomain.com/Default.aspx?tabid=15&mid=316&ctl=Edit Smaller files upload without problem. Is this a hosting or dnn problem? I am with WH4L on a Semi-Dedicated Plan You need to adjust the maxRequestLength setting in web.config to allow for such large uploads / downloads. SalarKnapHill, Surrey UKSkinning & Building DotNetNuke App...

Framework 1.1 / DNN 3.2 and Framework 2 / DNN 4 Happy Co-existance
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this?I am attempting to run two environments on my machine (without a dual-boot, virtual machine, or similiar techniques).  So my assumption is I can get these two environments to co-exist happy on my developer machine (which is Windows XP Media Center 2005 with SQL Server 2000 developer edition and SQL Server 2005 express edition, plus IIS running as localhost). I get the following error message when launching DotNetNuke 4 for the 1st time.I have it set to use the older legacy SQL server 2000 localhost database and run DNN 4.  When it begins to st...

DNN 2.1.2 Documentation PDF file
Probably the dumbest question ever , but here I go ...lolDoes anyone know where I can locate a pdf file on DNN 2.1.2 or DNN2 that would explain the modules etc that come with the basic DNN download...I once had one for DNN1 many moons ago, and now I am looking for one for DNN2Any suggestions would be great ..DNNWhat :)...

File Manager Error as Host 2.1.2
I just upgraded my test site to 2.1.2 with very few problems. Whew... I was going to upload a new module and logged on as host, went to File Manager under the host tab and get the following: An error has occurred. DotNetNuke.PageLoadException: Login failed for user 'mydomain\myserver$'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'mydomain\myserver$'. at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction)...

RE: DNN 2.0.3 How to add resources files in PA Skin Object DNN files
Hi Guys Loving this project!! :-) Anyway I am packaging up some skin objects and I can get it to work no problem. Does anyone know how to add resource files i.e. name.js to a particular directory in the .DNN file script?? I tried it using the code below(in bold) but it it returning an error referring to resource files I'd like to keep everything tidy and copy the javascript files to a sub directory called scripts in the new installed directory in desktopmodules. for example: desktopmodules/Company - SkinObjects/Scripts Any help would be great... Also, any docs on the...

New module
Module: ITSCS Manage Users 2.0.0 For DNN 1.0.10e and DNN 2.0.4 (with source) ITSCS Manage Users PRO v.2.0 allows for enhanced bulk and individual management of users and roles in DotNetNuke single or multi-portal setup. This Module is a must-have tool for portal administrators with large numbers of users and roles - especially in multiportal setups. Now you can: Search user database by: - Login, - First Name - Last Name - Email - Created Date - Authorized/not authorized - Portals (global search if user is host or portals that the user is admin...

Having problem modifying controls with new DNN 2.0.1 and DNN 2.0.2
Has something changed in the DNN 2.0.1 and DNN 2.0.2 releases of DNN that will not allow changes to the DesktopModules? In DNN 2.0.0 I was able to go and modify the EditContact.ascx file and place the following fields on the form. Last Name: First Name: Department: I made all the change to the database table and the stored procedures. I made the changes to the ContactsDB files as well as the changes to the DataProvider file and the SqlDataProvider file. In version DNN 2.0.0 the modified contacts form works like a champ I changed the Contacts form to show the three new fields...

DNN version 2.1.2 Installation Files Required
Hello All An unusual request I know, but can anyone point me at (or provide me with), a set of DNN 2.1.2 installation files? I have already downloaded the source files from the legacy repository just fine, but what I want now is a set that doesn't contain the source files, but just the files required to run DNN. It's not easy to figure out what is source and what is not in the files I've downloaded, so either a list of what is what would do just fine, or a zip with just the install files would be good too. In case you're wondering: I have to install DNN on a server where DNN3 or higher j...

DNN 2.1.x and .NET 2.0 Framework
Has anyone successfully compiled DNN 2.1.x under the 2.0 (beta) framework? I have the 2.0 framework soley running on my development machine - and everything runs fine - but if I try to open up DNN in VS Express 2005 and compile I get a plethora of compilation errors. Ultimately would like to try and get DNN 2.1.x running under the 2.0 framework using SQL Server 2005 (Yukon) as the backend. Any help getting it to compile would be really appreciated. The code is not really ready for .Net 2.0 just yet. Over the next few releases we will be bringing the code in line with ASP.Net 2.0 and...

DotNetNuke User Guide and Documentation for DNN 2.1.2
New SEO version of Marvin's DotNetNuke User Guides and Documentation are now available free online at http://portals.my-asp.net/Default.aspx?tabid=180. Part Three of My-ASP.Net's DotNetNuke Portal trilogy - Harmony Skin Design will be available shortly Use and Enjoy Marvin...

DNN 2.1.2
The log viewer on my site is not working. When I go to the page I receive the error "An IO Error has occurred writing to the exception log." I have root access to the server. I am unable to delete the Exception.xml.resources file. Each time I try to delete it, the file is being used by a process. I stopped IIS but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.Manhattan Beach DotNetNuke Meetup Group Ever get a resolution to this?Daniel StruveDotNetNuke Houston Nope.....still waiting for the LAN team to bounce the server to see if it resolves the issue.Manhatt...

PROBLEMS with DNN 2.1.2 and winXP SP 2
Hi Sinc I have installed WinXP SP 2 (I am running winXPPro), I can no longer get DNN to work. All I get is the following error message : ------------------------------------- DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -------------------------------------- Has anyone else experienced this ? And if so, how do I sort this problem out. Installations of DNN 2.1.2 that I had running perfectly befor...

Web resources about - DNN 2.1.2: File Manager | Add File, multi-user problem - asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework

Multi-user - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Multi-user software is software that allows access by multiple users of a computer . Time-sharing systems are multi-user systems. Most batch ...

Howie Find Vowels Lite (Multi-User) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Howie Find Vowels Lite (Multi-User) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Review: Dog & Bone’s Locksmart Padlock uses Touch ID, Bluetooth + multi-user accounts for keyless security ...
... that aren’t found in other padlocks… Key Details: A Bluetooth controlled padlock using your iOS device as the key Supports multiple user ...

Lollipop brings proper multi-user accounts to your phone
Lollipop will make sharing your phone easier and safer We've had multi-user accounts on our Android tablets for some time now, but it required ...

Multi-user support and split-screen multitasking are reportedly in store for iPad users
... in the pipeline for Apple’s iPad. According to a new report from 9to5Mac , Apple is planning to add split-screen multitasking and multi-user ...

Multi-user beamforming is here—in $270, 1.7Gbps Asus Wi-Fi router
Major Wi-Fi advance will help prevent wasted bandwidth.

Windows Phone 8: a step towards true multi-user smartphones and tablets
Windows Phone 8's family-oriented Kid's Corner feature essentially creates additional limited user accounts on a handset - a feature that has ...

Google Chrome Beta for Desktops Introduces Easier Multi-user Switching
For desktop users, Chrome Beta is receiving an update this week, one which will allow users to switch between accounts signed into Chrome more ...

​Android smartphones are about to get multi-user support
If you have an Android tablet and kids, you're probably a fan of the OS' multi-user feature: it lets you add passwords and lock specific apps ...

Next Apple iPad Could Get Split-Screen Views, Multi-User Log-Ins
Stylus support could also be on its way, according to a patent application for what is believed to be a coming 12.9-inch iPad Pro, according ...