Can't edit text in the 'Basic text Box' OR 'Rich Text Editor'

have, DNN 3.0.13 installed on Windows server 2003

have tried sitting at the server and on a workstation

I first tried to edit the text on the home page, the text editor shows up but it is empty/blank, I couldn't put my cursor in the text area and type anything.

I have also tried to create a new page and try to edit a text area, same problem.....

I have also tried to use the events module and tried to add an event, same problem...

PS. preview in not on.

Thanks in advance,
Peter
0
peter_man
6/22/2005 11:09:56 PM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework 1237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What browser are you using?

Are you using a custom skin?
Icthus Technologies

Building Faith on the Internet
0
IcthusTech
6/23/2005 1:42:38 AM
Im having the same problem this is the error message.  Im using IE6 with all the service packs

Marcel

Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /DotNetNuke/Default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
0
chaloum
6/23/2005 2:01:22 AM
This is what is happening in the url

DotNetNuke/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=A+potentially+dangerous+Request.Form+value+was+detected+from+the+client+(dnn_ctr347_EditHTML_teContent_teContent%3d%22lkj%3cBR%3e%3cB%3eAdministrator...%22).
0
chaloum
6/23/2005 2:10:33 AM

IE 6, both on the workstation and on the server. No custom skin, just whatever is the default skin after you first install DNN. BTW, the text editor that I am typing this reply in works just fine, I don't know if they are the same but thought maybe it's worth mentioning.

Thanks

Peter

0
peter_man
6/23/2005 1:50:34 PM
Using IE 6.

Not using any custom skins. Just the default skin after installing DNN.

Thanks
Peter
0
peter_man

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

How to mofify text 'xyz' after issuing a dw_1.modify("CREATE TEXT(band='footer' text='xyz' ............)")
Hi All, I am new to Powerbuilder and on a steep learning curve so please bear with me and do not assume I know anything in your response! I have a datawindow control 'dw_1' in a window 'w_report_1' With the w_report_1.open() event, I assign a data object 'd_site_details' to the 'dw_1' control in the following code extract. I use a loop to provide different retrieval arguments for 'd_site_details' from a datastore so that we get different details for different system accounts. After each retrieval we print dw_1 together with a text footer w...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Paste as 'picture' or 'text'?!
We have 2 sets of machines that are behaving differently and cannot figure out why. The application is a PowerBuilder app, which uses an OLE control to paste it's contents into a large Word doc (the contents for the OLE control come from the DB and are in Word format). One set of machines (5 of them) execute this code and the resulting doc has all this pasted data as Word Text (just as if it were typed in). The other set of machines (3 of them) execute this same code and the resulting doc has large picture objects (or Word Document Objects?) that contain the Word Text inside of...

Admin can't see 'Edit Text' control at the bottom of editable modules
I have an admin who can't see the module level Edit command when logged into her machine.  If she changes to another machine, and logs in with the same account, it is fine, but from her machine she can't see the "edit" text or the pencil or the settings icon for any module.  She can see the Admin controls at the top, but the modules themselves seem to have no edit controls.There are no appreciable differences between the machines, that I know of.  They are build from the same Ghost image.  Obviously something is different but I have no clue what it would be.  Any tho...

How to ?? XML 'back' to webforms rich text 'front'
Hi, I have some functionality that I'm trying to update. Previously, I had a list of html pages, where each could be chosen from a menu and shown in an iframe. They are simple html pages but they contain formatting such as font sizes and colours, and also some hyperlinks. What I want to do (in asp.net 2.0), is to store this data in a xml file (perhaps even in a database). What I can't work out is how it should best be stored and how presented on the page. Is the XML control linking to xml files and xsl files my answer?? I'm not sure which way I should look and don't really know w...

'''

Full-text search with '#' and '+' in keyword
Searches by keyword containing pound '#' and plus '+' signs using a Sql Server 2005's Full-Text index, and functions 'freetext' and 'containstable' does not yield correct results matching the term, such as 'C#' and 'C++'. The returned results seems equivalent of ones returned by terms without the pound and plus signs. Could anyone shed some light on this? The normal way to handle this would be to have the word stemmer change the # to sharp and + to plus. That way your searches can do the same thing. But in most databases you would h...

Invalid use of '.', '!', or '()'. in query expression 'CType(e.Item.Cells(1).Controls(0), TextBox).Text'.
Hi ppl, hope u can solve my prob, i getting this error:<Code> Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here If Not Page.IsPostBack Then BindData() End If End Sub Sub BindData() '1. Create a connection Const strConnStr As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\IT2691\speedy.mdb;" Dim objConn As New OleDbConnection(strConnStr) objConn.Open() '2. Create a command object for the query Const strSQL As String = "SELECT * FROM Products"...

'or' or 'union'

help with 'multipart' and 'text/html' websites
> Hi, > I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to post this question, but since it's libwww-related (involves LWP) and I've tried other forums without success, I might as well give this one a go. > I'm trying to query Genemark > (http://genemark.biology.gatech.edu/GeneMark/webgenemark.html), a gene > prediction program, from the Unix shell with a Perl script. Yes, I know I > could paste in the sequences and 'run' the software from the web page > itself, but I've got hundreds of sequences to input, too many to do > manuall...

'b'..'a'

Web resources about - Can't edit text in the 'Basic text Box' OR 'Rich Text Editor' - asp.net.dotnetnuke-framework