simple way to create a custom control (like Panel) that you can drag and drop other controls into at design time

Hi ,

I need to create one custom control like panel, for containing some other controls into at design time. I tried with panel custom control but I am not able to add other server controls to that custom panel control at design time. Could anyone please help me out.

 Thanks

Raghu

0
sragupathi

You need to override CreateChildControls function.

Inside the function something like this:

TextBox T = new TextBox();

this.Controls.add(T);

Bye.

Wamba {WamBlog}
This credits the member,earns you a point & marks your thread as Resolved.
0
Wamba
4/29/2008 10:08:46 AM

nha, I think I am able to do that in coding. but my need is I have to drag some control from toolbox and drop it into my custom control (consider customPanel). Means I need to create control as panel as working with some extra custom propoerties

0
sragupathi
4/29/2008 11:54:24 AM

Ok sorry Smile

I have never done, but you can try to take a look to [Designer(typeof(ContainerControlDesigner))] decoration. You need to add a reference to System.Design.dll.

Take a look to:

Bye.

Wamba {WamBlog}
This credits the member,earns you a point & marks your thread as Resolved.
0
Wamba
4/29/2008 1:26:38 PM

Hi ,

Those links are really useful.I got it.

Thanks lot.

Raghu

0
sragupathi

How to create custom properties for aspx page which should refelect in design time properties window itself.( as like as custom server control).
Hi. I need to create the custom properties for aspx page itself where those custom properties should refelet in the properties window at the design time as like as other custom server controls. I tried pageBase class which will have cusom properties for page and inherited that pageBase to my aspx page . But its refelecting the code  behind file not in design time. I need to accss those aspx page custom properties at the design time itself in properties window as like as other custom server control.I appriciate your help. [FYI: my scenerio is customer ...

Dragging controls in to a custom control at design time
I am creating a custom control that will contain a panel so that developers can drag other controls into it at design time. If I create a control that inherits from Panel this works no problem. But I need a composite control that may contain more than one Panel and this does not seem to work. I'm assuming I need to hard code support for dragging in controls. Does anyone have any ideas??...

Custom server control developement-panel like control
Dear all,  i am developing a custom composite server control. it consists of buttons, image controls in it. along with this. i would like to add one more control like a panel, so that the developers can drag and drop any web server control over my custom web server control in the design time. is this possible. if so how should i go about it.   regards, sundararajan.sSundararajan.S yes it's possible, you have to implement a designer class inherted from "TemplatedControlDesigner" Hi, thank you. can you please throw some more light on the same. any samples.   regards,...

Can we use existing Server Controls to create Custom Controls?
Can we use the existing ASP.Net Server Controls to create Custom Controls? I am able to use HtmlTextWriter to make my Custom Controls. I want to be able to add regular ASP.Net server controls to create my Custom Controls. Is this possible? Can anyone provide a sample? Basically, you just need to inherit the control you want to use, like this: Public Class MyControl Inherits System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Then you can override the methods you want and add code as needed. Peter BrunoneMS MVP, ASP.NETFounder, EasyListBox.comDo the impossible, and go home early. The str...

Creating Custom Controls With Custom Controls Inside Of Them
Hello, I am trying to create a custom control for creating tabs. The idea is that our designer can just use the control tags to generate the tabs.  The problem that I am running into is that I want to be able to have a custom control that allows any number of child custom controls. So there would be a TabContainer Control, and within that there would be any number of tabs.  The idea is similar to how an asp:DropDown list can have any number of ListItems within them.  Here is my code, any help is appreciated. 1 <!-- TAB CONTAINER -->2 <%@ Control Language=&...

Design-time problem with TableStyle property of custom control
Hi all,I've been writing custom menu control (inherited from HierarchicalDataBoundControl). Everything (both run-time and design-time) worked just fine, until I added new property like this:         private TableStyle tableStyle;        [Category("Styles")]        [PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty)]        [DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content)]        public virtual TableStyle Tabl...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Custom Control within a Custom Control
I have two individual custom controls say custom cc1 and cc2. cc1 is communicating to cc2 using event delegate mechanism.I have tested the behaviour by dropping cc1 and cc2 onto a Web Page and it works fine. I want to create a third custom control say cc3 which should contain both cc1 and cc2. So that if i drag and drop cc3 onto a Web Page i can acheive exactly what i am doing above. The problem is that i am not sure how to call/register a custom control within a custom control ? Any clue ? Thanks!! Hi, Do you mean adding custom control to custom control? I think you can use the same wa...

Proper way to add to Control collection from a custom server control?
Hi there,I'm creating a custom server control inheriting from TextBox. If a property ("IsRequired") indicates so, I want to add to a RequiredField validator to the mix. Below is what I am doing, though I get the exception "The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init... etc."So how would be the proper way to do it?Thanks a lot, -Benton---------------------------------- using System;using System.Drawing;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.ComponentModel;using RequiredVal = Microsoft.Web.UI.Compatibility.RequiredFieldValidator;namespace...

Web resources about - simple way to create a custom control (like Panel) that you can drag and drop other controls into at design time - asp.net.custom-server-controls

DFES downgrades bushfire in Dunsborough as it is contained, but not under control
A BUSHFIRE south of Dunsborough has been contained but is not yet under control.

Queensland police shut down out-of-control party in Berserker, Rockhampton
Police shut down a party of 150 young people who had gathered at a house in Berserker, Rockhampton on Friday night.

Contextual and Granular Notification Controls
... written a lot about notifications, at one point calling the notifications screen “my home screen.” But I don’t like how we are forced to control ...

ESI cost control and networks
There is an interesting discussion thread on Twitter about how the way Medicare for All saves money is by significantly reducing provider, device, ...

US Democratic debate: Candidates spar on gun control
Candidates in the Democratic race for the White House hold their liveliest TV debate yet, clashing over gun control and healthcare among other ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...

While No One Was Watching, Obama Took Control of the Courts
... and President Obama’s legacy.” It didn’t favor conservatives but there was a dramatic shift to the far left. The appellate is under the control ...

Sanders Backs Gun Control Legislation Ahead of Democratic Debate
Hillary Clinton's campaign calls her rival's move a "debate-eve conversion."

Apple has landed a very rare sponsorship deal to ensure it has control of the hottest ticket in San Francisco ...
Apple has signed up for the first time to become a sponsor of the Super Bowl Host Committee, Daniel Roberts at Yahoo Finance reported. It's ...