server-side control inside another server-side control

Hi everyone.

I have a requirement where I need to create a custom server side control which will contain a series of ASP controls -- no problem there.

However, this component also needs to itself be placed inside a server side control, and then placed into the page...so I'll have a custom server-side component inside a custom server-side component. Is that even possible? Everytime I start to think about it I get a headache.

Thanks

Matt

0
SantacroceMJ

 It's perfectly possible. Just give it a try and you'll see that it works.

gunteman
9/26/2007 10:37:28 PM

Yup! As gunteman said, its perfectly possible.. try it out.. And remember, all WebControls offered in-built are Custom Control! If you can consume, MS Custom control in your Custom Control, then why not yours..

Try to focus on single control at a time, and follow MSDN recommendations, as Where to create child controls, How to deal with ViewState, etc.. That must help.!

Cheers,
Kinjal.

0
dKinjal

Server Control inside Server Control
I'm developing a server control that in turns contains another server control (i.e. Label). I instantiate the label and expose the entire Label through a property.   Imports System Imports System.Web Imports System.Web.UI Public Class Class1     Inherits Control       Dim _label As New WebControls.Label     Public Property L() As WebControls.Label         Get             Return _label         End Get ...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

server side controls in a non-server side form
I want to use server side controls in a non-server side form.I use server side controls (like dropdownlists) so I can fill them with the right options from the database.My question is, what is the best way to approach this?CAN I use server-side controls in a client side form? If so, how can I get the values contained in the controls when I do a post? (not in a querystring).Here's a sample of my code: <form id="frmAdvancedSearch" method="post" action="advancedSearch.aspx"> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <input type="submit" /> </form>...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Server Controls Within Server Controls
I'm a little new to server controls so this question may seem silly, but has anyone had trouble with events from custom server controls that are embedded in other custom server controls? I'm trying to create a composite control that creates a list of items and creates an instance of another composite control for each item. So for example the list could be a collection of addresses that has an editor composite control for each item. The editor composite control allows the user to edit the item and click on a save button. This works fine if it is on it's own (ie not part of the list ...

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

how can I update server side control purely by events triggered by server side timer
Currently I am writing code based on google earth API. Basically server writes a piece of KML info every second,(using AddHandler aTimer.Elapsed, AddressOf OnTimer) then the browser uses XMLHttpRequest to retrieve this KML and display it on the Google Earth plugin. This part works fine, however when there is no more KML to write on the server, I want to disable some buttons running on the server. Unfortunately I cannot achieve it. If I use update method of UpdatePanel (I put those buttons in the UpdatePanel), it pops up the error of "The Update method is called during or after the page...

HTML Server Control or Web Server Control?
Hi, Being new to ASP.NET I have one thing confusing me much. 1. Whats the major difference between HTML Server Control and Web Server Control? 2. Whats the advantage of processing all the HTML Controls in Server? Server will not be overloaded with this? Which one should I use?..Plain HTML or HTML Server Control or Web Server Control? Thanks and Regards _________________ ASP 2 ASP.NET FYI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/asp/toc.asp Colt Hi Colt, Thanks for the link. I personally prefer server controls - - there are so many more possi...

how to add a server control to a page from other server control
I have a control that needs to be added at a precise location on a web form using a server control i designed. I tried to add the control using this.Controls.add(controlName) but its just appending to the existing control. Is there a way to add a control to another control at a precise location?  I think adding it to a string builder is a feasible option for me, but I guess I cant do that. any suggestions as to how to implement it please? in one control you add PlaceHolder, And Create one Public property which return PlaceHolder..  then when you add the control in Web For...

Web resources about - server-side control inside another server-side control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Server-side scripting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... unfocused, scattered, unnecessary details. WikiProject Technology or the Technology Portal may be able to help recruit an expert. Server-side ...

Google Cloud Platform simplifies server-side development for iOS w/ ‘Mobile Backend Starter’
... Mobile Backend Starter that first debuted for Android developers back in June. Google says the application helps to simplify the server-side ...

Free Cooling: the Server Side of the Story
Servers that support higher inlet temperatures could significantly reduce or even eliminate the cooling costs of the data center. We received ...

[Update: Check Now] Play Store For Android Gets Search Bar With Hamburger Flip In Server-Side Update
Google is pushing out an update to the Play Store's Android interface that replaces the action bar with a standard search bar. Inside are the ...

Server-side update makes Siri a stickler for succinctness
Siri is already well known for her wit and willingness to joke, but a recent server-side update has given Apple's digital assistant the ability ...

Japanese RIAA wants server-side music DRM for mobile phones
The Recording Industry Association of Japan—the Japanese version of the RIAA— …

New BaaS platform aims to eliminate writing server-side code
... offering for desktop and mobile developers that's now leaving its beta phase. By removing the need for writing code on the server-side, Backendless ...

Dart improves async and server-side performance
... Team Today's release of the Dart SDK version 1.3 includes a 2x performance improvement for asynchronous Dart code combined with server-side ...

Customize Google Using Server-Side Scripts
Google's services have a lot of powerful features, but they can't offer all the options requested by users. A popular way to customize Google ...