Problems with web controls after upgrading web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005

Hey All, I am currently in the process of upgrading our web application to .Net 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. I have done all the converting that was required for the web application but we have issues with controls that we have created not being displayed. Below is a diagram of the inheritence of one of our web controls.

Form ---- contains ---- TableRowControl.cs(inherits TableRow) ---- contains ----- ValidDecimalTextBox.cs ------ inherits ----- ValidBaseTextbox.cs(inherits CustomValidator)

                                                                                         ---- contains --- ValidIntegerColorTextbox.cs --- inherits ----- ValidBaseTextBox.cs(inherits CustomValidator)

The ValidDecimatextbox and ValidintegerColorTextbox controls in the TableRowControl, are not being rendered on the form. I have had to add code to our existing code when referencing these controls to see if they are null due to many null reference errors. These errors never occurred in .Net 1.1.

Can someone point me to some things I need to check for in my controls. I can provide source if needed.

Thanks

Damien

0
dlong27

Problem upgrading VS 2003 Web to VS 2005 Web Application Project
Hi,I've just attempted to upgrade an existing 2003 web project to 2005 as per Scott's instructions at:http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx and I'm getting an error dialog at step 6.4, on attempting to re-open the solution with the ProjectType changed to guids:   "A project with that name is already opened in the solution.".   One colleague reproduced my error; another ran through the same sequence and does not get the error, so I guess it's an environment or installation issue.  Anyone seen the same issue and found a work-around?CheersGarth Hi G...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Upgrade web application from VS 2003 to VS 2005 with Mobile web form
Hi,We have web application developed in VS 2003, and also used extensively Mobile Web Forms. We used device specific rich rendering for Pocket IE using asp.net controls instead mobile controls.I installed VS 2005 professional addition, and then downlaod and installed web application project as explained in link http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/migration/migration.aspx.I am having two major problem after conversion.1. It converted and compiled the project successfully. But when I try opening any Mobile web form and go to design mode, I get an error. I did not convert the pages to use part...

Problem: VS 2003 Web Applicaion Migrate to VS 2005 Web Application model
Hi, I have migrated my vs2003 application to vs2005 web application model.   i followed the first four steps based on the url http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/HelloWorld/Helloworld.aspx but still my project is maintaining  in vs2003 version. My csprjoct file is not converted to vs2005. Anyone can please help me. Regards, Baskaran Hi Baskaran, Can you send me email (scottgu@microsoft.com) with more details about your migration issues?  I can then help you debug and figure out what the problem is. thanks, Scott...

Mobile Web Controls vs. Web Controls
I am using VS2003 and I have realized that Mobile Web Controls are very basic and simple. So I saw in a post the way to use Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms. Since then, I often use Web Controls instead of Mobile Web Controls. I put the Web Control inside a Mobile DeviceSpecific and put this DeviceSpecific inside a Mobile Panel. Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?  Does it happen the same in VS2005 or 2008? And, is it right to use only Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms? Thanks. xesteban:Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?   They are simple because they suppor...

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

Desktop Web Controls vs. Mobile Web Controls
Hi, after having a look at the posts in this forum about mobile issues, i still have some doubts. Hope someone can clarify this to me:VS2005 does not need MMIT (currently known as ASP .NET Mobile Controls) because it´s already included in 2.0 version, right?In VS2005, if i decide to build a web site to be accessible via a desktop browser or a mobile device, the right thing to do is use the asp .net web application template? In this case, the rendering is automatic depending on the device, correct?If i decide to create a web page to be accessible via a device browser, then, for now, i still h...

web app vs web site vs web project
Could someone describe the differences between web sites, web apps and web projects? (or send me a link that contains this comparison?). Is one of these terms synonomous with another? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?  How does one choose when starting new development? Can one type be converted into another?     Thank you. Here is my definition: Website: perspective of users. Collection of web pages.Webapp and project: perspective of developer (and webmasters). Collection of web pages and resouces (database, code, etc.). Maybe software installers...

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Web User Control Vs. Server Control Library
 So here's my scenario and I don't know if i should be using a web user control or attempt to make my own server control library. The basic mark-up that i want on the page is a image and label all excompassed in a hyper link. But in the declarative mark up of whatever tag i end up making being able to set properties of that tag. For example drop an instance of my tag on the page and i decide that i want this tag to have image1 and the hyper link to go to page1, and so on for everytime i drop a tag on the page. So sample mark up would be something like.1 <MyTag:Icon id=&quo...

Web Form Server Controls Vs. HTML controls
Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- Anand one thing i know. there are much more options for the web controls. and web controls are easier to use than the http controls. for exampl...

Web resources about - Problems with web controls after upgrading web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005 - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube