Parameter collection for user control

Hello,
I need ot create a user control which will get some values from querystring. Is it possible for me to create a parameter collection which I can use in page markup to assign values, like other datasource controls have.

I mean, my control will have markup like this

<s:user id=...............................................>

    <parameters>

         <asp:querystringparameter name="id" ............................/>

         <asp:querystringparameter name="age" ............................/>

        <asp:parameter name="tax" ............................/>

     </parameters>

</s:user>

These all will be bindable properties

0
ShailAtlas

 You need to create templated user control for this purpose. Take a loot at this MSDN article for an example at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/36574bf6(VS.71).aspx This codeproject article has a comprehensive example as well at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/user-controls/TemplatedControl.aspx

--
(Please, Mark as Answer if it Helped)
http://smsohan.blogspot.com

Sorry,
But I need to create a control for which I can assign parameters in same was as ObjectDataSource or SQLDataSource.

0
ShailAtlas

Using a user control in a custom server control.
I've created a custom server control and am trying to add a user control to the rendering of the server control.  Is this possible?  If so, hints as to how this is done would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks in advance for considering an answer to this question. Wendi Use the LoadControl method. For example:   Controls.Add(LoadControl("~/controls/login.ascx"))Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion My server control renders a table with x number of rows.  I want to add a user control to each row of the table, last column.  I do not know how ...

load user control from server custom control
hi all,i have a 3rd party menu control that consists of a bunch of HyperLinks and a PlaceHolder control (C# v1.1.4) . links to .ascx files are retrieved from a data source, and when the page containing the control is loaded or a link clicked, the control uses this.Page.LoadControl(strLink) to add the .ascx to the PlaceHolder. fine and dandy, probably wouldnt have done it that way myself, but i'm stuck with it :)the problem is events: i can't raise 'em :( if i have for example a Button control on one of the .ascx pages, the Button.Click will go by unnoticed on the post-back. stran...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control like this (One that contains multiple controls), what should I be looking at? Custom Controls? Is there any way to have something like a form designer to do the layout with? Some might disagree with me, but when I think of several controls I think of a Web User Control. For example, a login dialog is what I would consider a Web User Control. But can a Web User Control have events? I've noticed when I use one, It doesn't appear to work the same as a normal control. I don't have a member variable for it, and the Control's properties don't seem to support events. I have a Microsoft Press book OOP: Building Reusable Components with Visual Basic .NET. The book's authors venture this about User Controls vs. Custom Server Controls: "We'll cut to the chase right away and explain which control to use in one sentence: user controls are best when you create reusable user interfac...

Help! Custom Server Control using User Control
I've been bashing my head for a few days on this problem. My Custom Server Control loads the User Control and renders it properly.  But, when I run the web application the controls (ex: buttons) from the User Control is not firing the event (ex: a button click to change the label's text)?Here is a snippet of part of my code:    Protected Overrides Sub CreateChildControls()        plhPanel = New System.Web.UI.WebControls.PlaceHolder        ContentFileLoaded = New System.Web.UI.U...

passing a parameter, user control to user control
There are two user controls on a Web form. What is the syntax to reference a propertiy on the other user control. The error message states: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Results' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Source Error: Line 7: { Line 8: //Set the department name property of the Results control Line 9: Results.DepartmentName = DepartmentList.SelectedItem.Text; Line 10: } Line 9 needs something different in order to reference this PROPERTY (DepartmentName) on the user control Results....

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

Proper way to add to Control collection from a custom server control?
Hi there,I'm creating a custom server control inheriting from TextBox. If a property ("IsRequired") indicates so, I want to add to a RequiredField validator to the mix. Below is what I am doing, though I get the exception "The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init... etc."So how would be the proper way to do it?Thanks a lot, -Benton---------------------------------- using System;using System.Drawing;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.ComponentModel;using RequiredVal = Microsoft.Web.UI.Compatibility.RequiredFieldValidator;namespace...

user control or custom control ?
i have datagrid which shows monthyear user control for each row. The month year user control has two drop down list. one is for year and other one is for month. So for each row in particular column i'll have that user control loaded. it works fine but ut takes lot of time in rendering when there are 200 rows. what would be the solution. will custom control help? Hi,Lax4u: Some tips i am not quite sure. First, you can disable the viewstate of the userControl to make it not load so many information in each postback and store the necessary in the global range. Second, Caching porting of th...

Custom Controls or User Controls
Hi, I have to create a menu control and I am unable to decide between a custom control or user control.  Apart from the fact that a custom control can be inserted into the toolbox what are the other advantages and disadvantages of each like performance, and so on.  Plus how do I decide between the two. Thanks Arjuna. Hello Please refer to the KB article Overview of user controls vs. custom controls Hope it helps, JessicaJessica CaoSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer...

User Controls and Custom Controls
what is Diff between User Controls and Custom Controls? User controls are asmx files, you can use them as a webpage, drag and drop as many controls you want and still user the user control to drop it into a form.Custom Controls are inherit from the control or used as composite control. You need to write the control by hand and override all the properties. They can be added into your toolbar.Hope this helpsCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Also... User Controls are generally application specific.  If you want...

user control and custom control
What is different between Web User Control and Web Custom Control? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893667Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET I would suggest you to google the word "different between Web User Control and Web Custom Control" to get more informations and results...Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET Web custom controls are compiled components that run on the server and that encapsulate user-interface and other related functionality into reusable packages. They can include all the design-time features of standard ASP.NET server controls, including full support for Visual Studio design features such as the Properties window, the visual designer, and the Toolbox. There are several ways that you can create Web custom controls: You can compile a control that combines the functionality of two or more existing controls. For example, if you need a control that encapsulates a button and a text box, you can create it by compiling the existing controls together. If an existing server control almost meets your requirements but lacks some required features, you can customize the control by deriving from it and overriding its properties, methods, and events. If none of the existing Web server controls (or their combinations) meet your requirements, you can create a custom control by deriving from one of the base control classes. These cla...

Dynamically Loaded User Control inside Custom Server Control Weirdness
Hello, I have a wizard controller server control that walks the steps of a wizard and dynamically loads the user control to display for the wizard page using Page.LoadControl. Everything is working great! Until this showed up. One of the controls on the user control is another custom server control. This server control on the dynamically loaded user control makes use of RegisterClientScriptBlock. For some reason, the client side code for RegisterClientScriptBlock never gets rendered! I stepped through the code to ensure that RegisterClientScriptBlock gets called, it does. If I ...

Custom User Controls v. Custom Web Controls
Hi! Is it better for me to begin coding my controls instead of just designing them? What would the benefits be? I meen, i seem to be able to get all i need from just putting stuff together on an ASCX file but i'm obviously missing a huge concept here... please explain! Hi, creating user controls is indeed easier than creating custom server controls because you can simply drag & drop other controls on the form, easily add events to it, ... Custom controls however are better when you want to reuse them in several other projects. I like to create custom controls for small, reusable com...

Composite Control
I have created a modal popup composite control in hopes to reduce the amount of code on the in-line code to do modal popups.  Everything works just fine, except when I try to add user controls to the control.  I add a user control to the form control on OnInit, OnLoad, etc.  No matter what I do, the modal does not show up.  On this control, wire up the ModalPopupButtonClicked event and call the Show method to open the modal.  Anyways, can anyone tell me why this control won't work with user controls when I add them?    using System; ...

Custom Control within a Control Control

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO rptMaster FROM rptDetail. rptMaster.ascx.cs : namespace Meteora { public partial class rptMaster_ascx : System.Web.UI.UserControl, IBoroughInterface { public event CommandEventHandler ddlSelectionIndexChanged;   rptDetail.ascx.cs namespace Meteora { public partial class rptDetails_ascx : System.Web.UI.UserControl { protected rptMaster_ascx rp;   I will get this error " The type or namespace name 'rptMaster_ascx' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)" I don't wish to bore anyone with too much code so kept it simple but if you need more i will provide. I know its something basic that i'm missing.   Thanks, Gloudon        ...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Thank you in advance for your help.It is when you give from yourself that you truly give.IT Images RobHood:My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. By "wrong values" do you mean that the values of the inner User Control's properties revert back to their declaratively set or default values, rather than the values that have been programmatically set by the outer User Control?Can you show us the code you use for the properties of the inner User Control? If my understanding of what you mean by "wrong values" is correct, then it may be that you are not backing the property values to viewstate, whic...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram ManagerIIS Core Server / ASP.NET RuntimeThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.Read more about IIS7 on my blog at www.mvolo.com...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it all falls over.For reference how I'm calling the user controls:In Project A, Page A:<%@ Register TagPrefix="MyControl" TagName="ControlOne" Src="~/DesktopModules/ProjectA/ucControlOne.ascx" %>In User Control 1:<%@ Register TagPrefix="MyControl" TagName="ControlTwo" Src=<see below> %>OK for the source on the second register I've tried the following~/DesktopModules/ProjectA/ucControlTwo.ascxucControlTwo.ascx../DesktopModules/ProjectA/ucControlTwo.ascxc:\inetpub\www\dnn311\DesktopModules/ProjectA/ucControlTwo.ascxThis should work right?  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for any help in advance!...

User Controls not working if I put Validation controls in user control
Hi           I have validation controls(RequiredField Validator,RegularExpressionValidator)  in user controls.User controls are not posting back like the events are not wiring up.If I remove Validation controls in User controls page,user controls are working fine.Can anyone please help me out in getting it fixed. In the Validation controls, make sure you are setting the ControlToValidate property to the control that it links to.  If you're in .NET 2.0, it's also a good idea to put all the validation controls in the same Valid...

Web resources about - Parameter collection for user control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Brogdale Farm - home of the National Fruit Collection - a great day out in Kent
Brogdale Farm, home of the National Fruit Collection Kent tourist attraction. A great day out for all the family with local produce, healthy ...

National Fruit Collection
The is one of the largest fruit collections in the world and includes over 3,500 named Apple, Pear, Plum, Cherry, Bush fruit, Vine and Cob Nut ...

Liszt Collection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Liszt Collection contains over one million, generally nineteenth-century engravings and images. The Liszt Collection is an international ...

David Hart's shoe collection
Although no celebrity wore a tuxedo designed by the menswear designer David Hart, the Severna Park native's shoe collection with Johnston & Murphy ...

What we think we know about Apple's spring collection
... only begun, but his company still has its eyes on where the puck will be. Here’s what we think we know about Apple’s forthcoming spring collection, ...

Dead Island: Definitive Collection embalms both games on May 31
... promises, though. Dead Island and its expansion Riptide will be packaged into one sewn-together cadaver called the Dead Island Definitive Collection ...

Google Photos Update Includes Bottom Navigation Bar, Collections Renamed to Albums
... with shortcuts for Albums, Assistant, and Photos. This bar should allow for quicker discovery of what you are looking for. Also, the Collections ...

Bill Aims To Reduce Infant Mortality Through Better Data Collection
A new bill introduced by Rep. Gwen Moore aims to address inadequate standards and funding related to infant deaths.

The Offworld Collection crowd-funding campaign closes at over $65K
Writers Leigh Alexander and Laura Hudson announced a Kickstarter last month for a hardcover/digital reprint of website Offworld’s best content. ...

Paul Allen aims to inspire a new wave of space dreamers with out-of-this-world art collection
... Paul Allen Allen says the World’s Fair inspired his love of technology and passion for aerospace. Over his lifetime, he’s amassed a vast collection ...