DropDownList Which Binds Values from DB

Hi All,

I want to develop a custom asp.net server control. A drop down list which contains values from Database table.

LIke EmpDropDownList contains Employees Names into Text and ID into Value field.

How to Develop it?

Thanks in Advance.

0
BhavinBhatt

Create one Custom Control which contains properties like ConnectionString, DataValueFiled, DataTextFiled, and TableName.

Bind them in CustomControlLoad event, that will do...

make sure that you are taking care of SelectedValues in post back..

thank you,

-nm reddy

***Hope this helps you***
thank you,
-nm reddy
0
nmreddy83
4/28/2009 11:32:35 AM
cmd = new SqlCommand(commandText, conn);

        cmd.Connection.Open();

        dr = cmd.ExecuteReader();
        //Bind Priority
        DropDownList.DataSource = dr;
        DropDownList.DataTextField = "Name";
        DropDownList.DataValueField = "id";
        DropDownList.DataBind();

Try This it will work
0
vinothkumarsi
4/28/2009 11:32:46 AM

 u just need to bind data to dropdown list...

cmd= new sqlcommand("select * from mydatabse",cn)

dropdownlist1.datsource=cmd.executereader

dropdownlist1.datbind();

0
Rangapure
galankar

URGENT: DropDownList in custom server control not holding value on postback
Hello All,I have a problem where a DropDownList contained within one of my custom server controls is not holding its value on postback.  I've tried several different things but can't seem to find why it's dropping its value.  ViewState is enabled on the page and I've not specifically disabled ViewState on any of the controls.Below is the code specific to the dropdownlist in the custom control. public class DatePicker : WebControl  {    // CREATE CONTROLS    public DropDownList Month = new DropDownList();     &n...

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

new to .net, need help setting db values from checkbox's then retrieving value to a label control
Hi, Being new to asp.net i know this possible i just can't quite get it right!  I need a page with 5 checkbox's that when submitted sets the bit values in DB fields to checked. Then i need another page that retrieves the records of the checkboxes, but instead of having the db pre-set checkboxes on the second page i want it to turn on label web controls depending on if the check box is set.. I hope that makes sense?!! Can anyone point me in the right direction or to a suitable tutorial? Thanks in advance Ben Excellent article here.http://www.heliosfx.com...

Bind value from db to Checkboxlist control
Does anybody knows how to bind the checkboxlist value from db? I have a  field name called "OtherFeatures" from my db  that collects all values from the checkboxlist control everytime user is adding new record. Example value inserted into my db are: value1, value2, value3, value4 When user wants to edit the record I have to display the records from db using a FormView control  inside the EditTemplate. I tried to add the attribute SelectedValue='<%# Bind("OtherFeautres") %>'  in my checkboxlist control and it works OK. IF I only one value in...

Dropdownlist Server Control losing values
I've created a dropdownlist server control (code below), if I try and toggle the visibility of the control using a button for instance, the control loses it's items, any idea why this is? [DefaultProperty("Text"), ToolboxData("<{0}:ActiveEmployeeDropDownList runat=server></{0}:ActiveEmployeeDropDownList>")] public class ActiveEmployeeDropDownList : System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList { #region Fields private string _text = "Please Select"; #endregion #region Properties [Bindable(true), Category("Appearance"), DefaultValue("Please Select")] public string Text ...

Error binding value to custom DropDownList
I have a custom control that inherits from DropDownList.  Inside OnInit I bind the control to data pulled from the database.  If I put the control on a page by itself it works fine and all events fire properly.  If I try to use it inside of a GridView and bind a value to it, like I would with an ordinary DropDownList, I get the following error: Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web req...

Binding list of values to DropDownList control through a template
Hi there.I'm using a template in order to create a custom column in a GridView control, like that:TemplateField tc = new TemplateField();tc.ItemTemplate = Page.LoadTemplate("someUserControl.ascx");grid.DataSource = vView;grid.Columns.Add(tc);grid.DataBind();   In order to bind a value of a column into the template, I use the following code for labels, textboxes, etc.:Text='<%# Eval("ColumnName") %>'Now to the problem. One of the columns ("tQuantity") contains DataTable objects, which contain the text ("packageQ") and Va...

How to Build a custom DropdownList Web Server control
Hello 1-I want to make a Dropdown list 2-To whom i just porvide the table name and column for data 3-In the control i want to make the customized data base code . 4-It will populate it self with providing the dataset to it 5-I will be very thank full to you if you can guide me to how to build this Like control control should handle the event and viewstate.. Thanks Waiting for your kind reply Malik Asif JoyiaRegards, Malik Asif Joyia. 1. Create a new class and inherit the DropDownList control 2. Add properties for TableName and ColumnName(s) Heres where yo...

Custom server control
I am trying to create a simple generic pager control. I want to get the current page index from the querystring of the parent page that contains this pager control. I built the control and try to drop it on an aspx page, it shows an error. It's because of this line in the render method (no error if I comment this line out), where I retrieve the current page index from the page querystring. Like this: HttpContext.Current.Request.QueryString["page"] The error is 'object reference not set to an instance of an object'. There is no request object or parent page or querystring at design...

Web resources about - DropDownList Which Binds Values from DB - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support