Drag & Drop other web controls to a composite control

Hi all

I´m working on a GroupBox control and wonder if anyone know how I should do to make it possible to drag other web controls on it (just as if it was a System.Windows.Forms.GroupBox).

Best Regards
Mikael Håkansson

0
mystiqu

I think it will suffice if you set the ParseChildren attribute to False.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconusingparsechildrenattribute.asp

Jos

0
Jos

derived custom controls && composite controls
Hi, A derived custom control (that inherit asp server controls) needs to implement the Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) method and other interfaces; A composite control needs to implement the CreateChildControl() method and INamingContainer... this is what I came across from all tutorials I can find. Are there cases where if I am building a derived custom control, and it contains multiple existing server controls such as LinkButton, and instead of rendering them in Render I would be better off to implement the CreateChildControl() method? Basically, are Render() and CreateChildControl(...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

Custom Control or Composite Control ?
I have custom control, which inherits from a Datagrid. This controls is used to maintain the tables in the backend DB. Is it possible to added few more webcontrols like table, textboxes and Buttons, (NOT Inside the datagrid but) along with the datagrid in my Custom Control? Is Composite control (as I know - my existing custom control class should inherit from control and implement INamingContainer, and the data Grid be a part/child control of it ) is the only way of doing this ? Or Is it possible to add web controls to Custom control inherited from existing Controls? If so can you ple...

Cannot drag 'n drop controls on my composite control
Hi. I made a custom control (that inherits from CompositeControl) that has 3 sections (controls): a label, a Panel, and a set of buttons (Ok-Cancel). The controls renders fine when I use it in a aspx. I need this control to be reusable by other developers so anyone can drag and drop new controls (for example buttons, labels, etc.) into the panel section of my control. Though, when I'm in the Design mode of my aspx, I cannot drag 'n drop new controls to my control. Does anybody knows how to do this? I've seen a couple of examples of Templates, but they haven't been very useful in my scenari...

ajax.net controls used in custom composite controls?
I am creating an events calendar that uses the accordion to display the events for the selected day.  The problem I'm having is that the accordion is not responding to any client side events.  I would really like to find a good "How to" article for building composite controls that incorporate an ajax.net control like the accordion....

HTML Server Control or Web Server Control?
Hi, Being new to ASP.NET I have one thing confusing me much. 1. Whats the major difference between HTML Server Control and Web Server Control? 2. Whats the advantage of processing all the HTML Controls in Server? Server will not be overloaded with this? Which one should I use?..Plain HTML or HTML Server Control or Web Server Control? Thanks and Regards _________________ ASP 2 ASP.NET FYI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/asp/toc.asp Colt Hi Colt, Thanks for the link. I personally prefer server controls - - there are so many more possi...

Web resources about - Drag & Drop other web controls to a composite control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Composite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Superimpose Images-PhotoCut : cut out, montage, composite, blend, collage, background eraser, and outline ...
Get Superimpose Images-PhotoCut : cut out, montage, composite, blend, collage, background eraser, and outline on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland (HDR composite panorama) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I went on a weekend photo shoot with Icelandic photographer Orvar Porgession; we're leading two sold out photography workshops around Iceland ...

Review: Urban Armor Gear’s Composite Case for iPad Pro kills 3 birds with 1 stone
... something as big as Logitech’s Create , you’ll start searching for a “smarter” solution. From where I stand, Urban Armor Gear’s new Composite ...

Cage against the EMP: New composite cases protect against the electro-apocalypse
... safe in transit from unfriendly electromagnetism. 2 more images in gallery WASHINGTON, DC—A small company from Utah has developed a composite ...

Alternative ISM for Metalworking, Plastics, Composites Suggests Economic Contraction
... over the last four to five months. Most indices are at their lowest point since late 2012. We do this for metalworking, plastics, composites, ...

Shanghai composite could give up 110% of its latest rally: Pro
Societe Generale's Larry McDonald and Piper Jaffray's Craig Johnson discuss what could unfold in China's market.

CCRSI: Composite Price Indices Post Moderate Gains in July
This month's CoStar Commercial Repeat Sale Indices (CCRSI) provides the market's first look at July 2015 commercial real estate pricing. Based ...

Composite Of The Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Over Dallas
Higher res version HERE . This is a composite shot created by photographer Mike Mezeul II of Sunday's blood moon lunar eclipse moving across ...

Enjoy an Endless a Day On Charon in This Gorgeous Composite Image
As the New Horizons spacecraft approached Pluto this summer, it sent back photos from all angles, allowing us to reconstruct an entire day on ...