Custom Server Control with Child Controls

I have a custom server control <xx.Parent... /> which parses custom child controls <xx.Child... />. In Visual Studio 2008, IntelliSense shows me both when I start typing my control namespace. How can I prevent the child control from showing up in IntelliSense  unless I'm adding it within the parent tags?

Thanks.

--
Rudy
0

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

How do you expose the event of a child server control from within a custom control?
I am trying to create a custom control that has a server control (dropdownlist) as a child.  I need to be able to expose the selectedindexchanged event from the dropdownlist at the page level.  How do you do this?  Here is a quick abbreviated example I wrote to show what I am trying to do:  My Custom Control1 Public Class MyCustomControl 2 Inherits Control 3 ' Variables 4 Protected WithEvents ddlServerControl As New DropDownList 5 ' Methods 6 Private Sub MyCustomControl_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System...

Custom Control within a Control Control

How to render a repeater control in the custom server control?
 How to render a repeater control in the custom server  control because there is a lot of element inside the repeater control? My code is as follows: <div> <asp:Repeater ID="rptFields" runat="server"> <HeaderTemplate> <table> </HeaderTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <tr> <td><%# Eval("Prompt") %>:</td> <td><asp:PlaceHolder ID="plControl" runat="server" /> <input type="...

handling events for controls in custom server control
Hi,     I am having a problem in using server controls in ASP.Net, with C#.  I am trying to create a server control which contains 2 other server controls that I created (Called MyImageButton).  MyImageButton extends the standard ImageButton with some other properties & methods that I needed.  It therefore also has the 'OnClick' event.  From the original server control, I would like to handle the Click event for these 2 image buttons in the same server control.  Basically, this server control will show 2 images, ascending and descendin...

Target Control Attribute for custom server control
hi, i'm building a new custom control which is bindable to other custom controls which i have in my application.  my question is the following:i'm interested to have the same behavior that other Ajax control have with the "TargetControl" attribute. meaning that i can chose the target control that my custom control is  binded to.how do i define this attribute (so i can use it through the html designer)?i hope this question is clear, if not, just this that i want to have the same behavior that Validators do with the "ControlToValidate" attribute/property. i want to create t...

Adding controls to a Custom DataGrid Server Control
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. I'm working on creating my own customized datagrid control. I've created a class which inherits "System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid" and when I add my new datagrid control library to my project it seems to work nicely. Now I want to add some submit buttons to appear at the bottom of my datagrid control. How do I do this? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie at server controls. Here's what I've tried: Public Class UberDataGrid Inherits DataGrid Private MyButton As Button ...

load user control from server custom control
hi all,i have a 3rd party menu control that consists of a bunch of HyperLinks and a PlaceHolder control (C# v1.1.4) . links to .ascx files are retrieved from a data source, and when the page containing the control is loaded or a link clicked, the control uses this.Page.LoadControl(strLink) to add the .ascx to the PlaceHolder. fine and dandy, probably wouldnt have done it that way myself, but i'm stuck with it :)the problem is events: i can't raise 'em :( if i have for example a Button control on one of the .ascx pages, the Button.Click will go by unnoticed on the post-back. stran...

Using a server control in the rendering a custom control
Hi. I have a custom control that overrides the Render method to draw itself.  Is it possible to use a server control (asp:Image, wwHoverPanel, etc.) inside such a custom control or would I have to rewrite my custom control as a composite control? I'd like to do something something like:protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter w) { w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Table); w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Tr) w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Td) // somehow place asp:Label here w.RenderEndTag(); // column w.RenderEndTag(); // row ...

Web resources about - Custom Server Control with Child Controls - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Now you can control your GoPro Camera from Apple Watch
One of the nicest features of the GoPro camera is the ability to control it using the iPhone app. With the GoPro App , you can easily control ...

Microsoft Band updated to include music controls and inactivity alerts
... Microsoft Band came out, the company is adding functionality with a small software update. The two biggest features of this update—music controls ...

Control a car's features with a glance? Not science fiction
Filed under: Emerging Technologies , Infotainment , Technology Press a button to change your car's climate controls? Turn a knob to view your ...

"... Trump owns and controls the media... they can't not cover him... his audience is bigger than theirs ...
... their army (i.e., the media) can't take out their enemy. They don't have the slightest idea what to do.... The media, in their own minds, controls ...

How to control your iPhone by just tilting your head
... the best sight, hearing, or motor functions to still use iOS to its fullest capabilities — but they can also be used to customize your controls. ...

Fox Presents Ben Stein As An Awesome, Stupendous Gun Control Genius
Fox News host Neil Cavuto was super-impressed with “great writer and thinker” Ben Stein's opposition to gun control. “The problem is not gun ...

White House: We’re Not Going To Wait Until Something Happens To Pass Gun Control
Reporter: 'Where any of the recent mass shooters on the no-fly list?' Earnest: 'Not that I'm aware of'

The NFL Should Seize Control Of The Cleveland Browns
Drew Magary’s Thursday Afternoon NFL Dick Joke Jamboroo runs every Thursday during the NFL season. Email Drew here . Read more...

Republique finally gets analog controls on PS4
... transitions (like Resident Evil ) which is mildly disorienting at first but could actually be easier to wrap your head around with a controllable ...