Custom event for Custom server control

Hi All,
I have a custom server control (Multi selection drop downlist). This control contains AspxEditButton control(which is like textbox with button), check box list control and panel.I have to display all selected values in AspxEditButton at control is leaving that panel. How can i create LostFocus event for panel Confused. Please anyone help me

Regards,
Anu
0
AnuMaria

All I can think of, is that there is a javascript "onblur" you could look into, maybe you could use some AJAX techniques to make that JavaScript event fire a server side event in the background? AFAIK there's no server side event you can hook into for controls when they focus/blur.

Good luck...

Regards
bgs264

0
bgs264

Custom Events in Custom Server Control
 Hi There I've created a custom server control. I have extended it by adding my own event which fires in one of the aggregated control's event handlers. My probelms is that I would like to be able to specify the event handler for the event from the aspx file as a tag attribute.Does anyone know how to link the attribute of a customer server control tag in the aspx file to a custom event in the class source for the control?   I've done this several times with Custom Controls.  All I do is declare the event in the CustomControl's class public...

handling events for controls in custom server control
Hi,     I am having a problem in using server controls in ASP.Net, with C#.  I am trying to create a server control which contains 2 other server controls that I created (Called MyImageButton).  MyImageButton extends the standard ImageButton with some other properties & methods that I needed.  It therefore also has the 'OnClick' event.  From the original server control, I would like to handle the Click event for these 2 image buttons in the same server control.  Basically, this server control will show 2 images, ascending and descendin...

Dynamic custom control on custom control
What I'm trying to do is create a module for use within a larger page.  The page itself is an order form, which will have typical payment info (address, credit card, etc.), and the ability to select what you are paying for.  Our clients will have several options in how they want the page setup.  They can either have a single form, or they can have each module on it's own page.  They can also have all the selected items fire in a single transaction, or have a seperate transaction for each item selected.  And they can limit the total number of transactions a person can...

Register Events on Control inside Custom Server Control
 I have some dynamically generated LinkButtons inside my custom server control. I never know how many there are going to end up being. I need to bind a 'Command' event to these. I understand that this nieeds to be done in the controls 'OnInit' event. I need to also add items to my server control dynamically in a pages codebehind, which will, in turn, dynamically create more linkbuttons. I'm having trouble keeping both these functionalities in one, as the OnInit event of the server control occurs before the page_Init event of my ASP.Net page.Here's the code of my ...

custom property style for a custom server control
Can I add a proerty for style on my asp .net custom server control, seems to be one for everything else. Or do you have to go do one style at a time: backgroundColor, Font, etc....

adding custom properties to a custom server control
1.  I want to add a public property to a custom server control.  the property is called Search Type and the possible choices that will appear in the properties window from the asp.net page would be client, provider, vendor and service.  I want this property to function much like the border style property works for an asp.net button. 2.  My second question would be how do I add a section to the properties window?  What i mean is for this custom server control, i want to add a section called Search Features much like the appearance or behavior sections for an asp.net ...

How do you expose the event of a child server control from within a custom control?
I am trying to create a custom control that has a server control (dropdownlist) as a child.  I need to be able to expose the selectedindexchanged event from the dropdownlist at the page level.  How do you do this?  Here is a quick abbreviated example I wrote to show what I am trying to do:  My Custom Control1 Public Class MyCustomControl 2 Inherits Control 3 ' Variables 4 Protected WithEvents ddlServerControl As New DropDownList 5 ' Methods 6 Private Sub MyCustomControl_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System...

Custom Control within a Custom Control
I have two individual custom controls say custom cc1 and cc2. cc1 is communicating to cc2 using event delegate mechanism.I have tested the behaviour by dropping cc1 and cc2 onto a Web Page and it works fine. I want to create a third custom control say cc3 which should contain both cc1 and cc2. So that if i drag and drop cc3 onto a Web Page i can acheive exactly what i am doing above. The problem is that i am not sure how to call/register a custom control within a custom control ? Any clue ? Thanks!! Hi, Do you mean adding custom control to custom control? I think you can use the same wa...

How to create custom server control with custom nested tags?
I've searched the forum and the internet for this but can't seem to find a straightforward answer.  I have a custome server control that behaves like this:<MyControl>       <asp:label.../>       <asp:textbox.../></MyControl> However, I can't seem to figure out how to make a control that does this:<MyControl>      <MyCustomTag1>            <asp:label..../>      &...

Web resources about - Custom event for Custom server control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Amazon takes control of delivery with thousands of semi truck trailers
As Amazon looks for new ways to speed up delivery, the company on Friday announced the purchase of thousands of semi truck trailers. The Seattle-based ...

Is Hillary Clinton sorry she reacted to the San Bernardino massacre with a call for more gun control ...
... "Gun safety" has traditionally meant handling your guns safely, but now it's supposed to mean what has more commonly been called "gun control." ...

more pics from Ground Control Touring 15th anniversary: Woods, Kurt Vile, Parquet Courts, Beach Fossils ...
... Parquet Courts / Woods & Kurt Vile / Beach Fossils @ Webster Hall 12/2/2015 We already posted a review and set of pictures from Ground Control ...

Trump pushes alternative to gun control after attack
Billionaire hits back against New York Times editorial calling for stronger gun control in wake of San Bernardino massacre

Liberals Soft On Bomb Control? Are You Sure You Want To Go There, Marco?
... reports: Appearing on Fox & Friends , 2016 GOP presidential contender Marco Rubio hammered at Democrats for proposing additional gun control ...

Violent Crime In California Is Above National Average Despite Strict Gun Control
Violent Crime In California Is Above National Average Despite Strict Gun Control

Open thread for night owls: First U.S. birth control clinic lasted just 10 days before being raided
... Parenthood Only Lasted for 10 Days but Started a Revolution . An excerpt: During her time in Europe, Sanger had seen Norwegian birth control ...

The Federal Reserve Does Not Control The Federal Funds Rate
... rates at their next meeting it's worth just pointing out a little detail about how this all works. The Federal Reserve simply does not control ...

Gun buys, applications likely to surge as pols push gun control laws
Gun buys, applications likely to surge as pols push gun control laws